• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 47,620 Views, 3,989 Comments

Princess Celestia: The Changeling Queen - vren55



Thanks to the love bomb at the Royal Wedding, Princess Celestia is revealed to be a Changeling Queen. How will Equestria, deal with this? And why is Celestia a Changeling Queen in the first place?

  • ...
98
 3,989
 47,620

Chapter 30: The End?

Chapter 30: The End?

The small, deserted observatory room was silent, save for the panting of Celestia’s breath. The great white alicorn had shut her eyes, her mind focused inwards, as she meditated. Luna, her hooves curled up under her, watched over her sister quietly.

Suddenly, Celestia’s brow furrowed, and her eyes opened. Her lips wrinkled, the alicorn glanced at her sister.

“Luna, we… we were sorting some of our memories related to Nightmare Moon, and we…” Celestia swallowed as her sister’s shoulders slumped. “Perhaps... we can ask thee later?”

Shaking her head, Luna forced a smile onto her face and met her sister’s eyes. “Nay, Celestia. Continue. If I can help you organize your memories, then all the better.”

Nodding her head, Celestia beamed at Luna for a moment, before allowing her frown to return.

“We were wondering: how did Nightmare Moon get an army to follow her into battle? We had intended to bring our Royal Guard with us to confront Nightmare Moon, but were halted at the river by some strange army that we have difficulty recalling.”

Luna raised an eyebrow and found herself mirroring her sister’s frown. “An army? But… how? Nopony supported… her against you.”

“Perhaps ‘twas the Night Guard?” suggested Celestia.

Shaking her head, Luna’s brow furrowed even deeper, her lips pursing in thought. “That is impossible. While we can scarcely remember our time as Nightmare Moon, we do remember that our Night Guard refused to side with her or against her after I became her.”

Her eyes wide, Celestia swallowed.

“But then… what kind of army, if not pony, assisted Nightmare Moon?”

Luna opened her mouth, but no answer came from it. Sighing, she got up, trotted to her sister and patted her shoulder.

“Do not worry about that right now, Celestia. Just concentrate on organizing your memories. I doubt that it is anything too important.”

Unable to argue, Celestia sighed and closed her eyes.

“I hope thou art correct, Luna.”


The Depths of the Eastern Sea…

“Hail, Empress,”

“Hail, Abyssal. It has been quite some time since you last attempted to treat with me. Getting tired of our little game?”

“Aren’t you? We’ve fought each other for centuries, outliving even our best soldiers. Does that not bother you? That the two of us have remained the sole constant of our conflict after all these years?”

“They are soldiers; it’s their job to fight and die if need be. If all you have to offer is this inane prattle, you have spent your last ceasefire poorly. Begone. Next time I will simply have my soldiers impale you on sight.”

“Queen’s Challenge. Between the two of us.”

“Queen’s Challenge… The prior rulers of your monstrous species have issued that same challenge to me before and every single one of them died at my hooves.”

“Then you accept? It’s the single best chance you’ll have to get rid of me,”

“Usual stakes, I take it?”

“Yes, to the death. Come tomorrow evening, there will be only one of us left.”

“Agreed.”

Author's Note:

March 6, 2022
Hey all, if you're interested, I just published my first original work! AND my second!


Just because you’re transported to another world, doesn’t mean you’ll escape from your pain.

Abused by her parents, thirteen-year-old Frances only wants to be safe and not to hurt every day. When her class is transported to the magical world of Durannon to fight invading monsters and defeat an evil monster king, Frances is presented with a golden opportunity. If she succeeds, Frances will have the home she never had. If she fails, she will return to the home she escaped.

Trauma, however, is not so easily lost. Despite her newfound magic and her teacher’s support Frances is dogged by her parents’ abuse and its scars, both physical and invisible. Not only does she have to learn magic, she has to survive the nightmares of her past, and wrestle with her feelings of doubt and self-loathing.

If she can heal from her trauma, though, she might be able to defeat the Demon King and maybe, just maybe, she can find a home for herself.

Check it out if you're interested!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TYG62ZK (book 1)
https://www.amazon.com/Fractured-Song-New-Chorus-ebook/dp/B0BXJ8MT7L?ref_=ast_author_mpb (book 2)

Note on Audience Stories Written in the Alternia-verse (Jan 2019)
I previously have been a bit... well I was never fully comfortable with people taking my characters and running with it.

However, I think that since I'm not writing that much fanfiction these days, people should feel free to go ahead and write what they want. If they let me know, I'll even blog about it if I like their work. That being said, their work should be treated like canon until proven otherwise. I'm happy to help you and consult with my existing plans and headcanon for the Alternia verse if you want to write in it and ask me, but if you wanna do your own thing, go ahead, just be warned that I might add stuff to my verse that might overwrite your stuff.

Also, we got a sequel. It'sThe Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress and its been up for a while :P

Pre-reader Zervziel: “That’s right, we ended the whole story on a cliffhanger! Muahahahahahaha! Now, who’s up for a rousing game of ‘Spot the sequel foreshadowing’. There have been hints throughout the later chapters. See if you can find them!”

Pre-reader C.F.: This was a heck of an insanely fun ride. :D