• Published 12th Sep 2011
  • 2,534 Views, 59 Comments

Home Sweet Home - Wheller



Scootaloo is a young filly alone in the world, however, she soon discovers that there is another pony in Ponyville who grew up like her.

  • ...
6
 59
 2,534

Epilogue

Epilogue

Nightly was an odd pony. He was a wanderer, a dreamer, he dabbled in a bit of everything and wasn’t particularly skilled at any of it. He lived in Canterlot, if you could call it living, he didn’t actually live anywhere, and he wandered around the poorer districts doing odd jobs for anypony who needed them.

Nightly was a unicorn. That made him more useful than most, the one thing he did seem, to be good at was heavy lifting. He would use his magic to lift a box to a high shelf and receive a bit in payment. One would have expected Nightly to have a floor jack or maybe a crane for a Cutie Mark, but alas, he didn’t have one at all. That wasn’t what made the unicorn odd though.

He’d been wandering around the poorer districts for nearly a month, or at least, that was when ponies had started noticing him, they supposed that he could have been around a lot longer, but what had made him odd was that he couldn’t remember anything before that. Nightly wasn’t really his name. At first, he had been known as “the helpful pony that came around at the end of the day to help with anything that needed doing.”

As one could likely imagine, that was too hard to use in conversation, so it was eventually shortened to “that helpful nightly pony,” and again to Nightly.

Nightly liked the name, it fit him well, as both his mane and coat were both jet black. The poorer ponies of Canterlot could have very easily come up with a much less nicer name than that. Nightly worked all night and slept most of the day, so he had a bit of a regrettable habit of startling ponies when approaching them as he blended in with the darkness a little too well. Often times, just before dawn, all you could see of him was his glowing amber eyes, which were his most notable trait.

Despite the initial misgivings for the unicorn vagabond, the ponies of the poorer districts were happy to have him around. He was after all, a loyal and dependable worker to all of them; he worked to better the poorer districts, even going so far as to dumping most of his small earnings into the local charity to help give food to underclass children.

Nightly had evolved into the pillar of the community, he was the role model of the young children, he taught that they should all work hard and help the less fortunate, and everypony loved him for it.

Nightly was only slightly bothered by his lack of memory. He wanted to remember who he’d been before, sure, but the more he thought about it, he figured that the past didn’t matter. Who he was now did. The pitch black unicorn with amber eyes was happy just as he was.

Comments ( 11 )

another one?

so they all just lost their memory like celestia,but unlike her their still grown up ponies.

Interesting and cant wait for the next one :D

Now all we need to do is get them free of the Purple and Grey Smoke Monsters; once that happens, they'll buckle down and clean up the mess left behind. Said mess, of course, involving the crap that happened to the Cutie Mark Crusader Casualties of War.

Now I wonder, since the Trio was really just a single part of a larger entity, that being nightmare moon (I believe the 3 actually being 1 was mentioned in an earlier book), did they all re-combine into this one Nightly pony, or does this pony have two identical twins running around equestria as well? Can you explain this or would that spoil something later on? Or will I find out in the next book? (which I'm not reading tonight because it's 4 AM and I'm going to sleep against my will to continue reading) Love the story! You're an amazing artist.

So the Siblings Nightmare are at 2/3rds straingth and down one unicorn, Tia is pulling a Sunny (Nightmares don't last forever), Luna still has memory issues but is growing in power, and Overdrive has two of the Elements in his pocket and is ready to rock Equestria to it's foundations. ...that about sum it up? :duck:

17514

I've had a lot of people give that response to Butterscotch Sundae. Clearly I missed something, because that was a name I pulled out of thin air. So the cameo is unintentional. THERE IS an. Intentional cameo in that scene, everybody is just looking at the wrong ponies for it.

17597
Well, I find Apple Cider to be unlikely, and Sandy is too genaric. However, since you are implying that the camio is on the same page as Butterscotch Sundae, and those are the only two OCs there, the most likely choice is Apple Cider. ...I just have no clue who he is. :trixieshiftright:

759071
Ok, than what IS a fear of heights called? :trixieshiftright:

And that was even more unexpected!!!

I am constantly having this face. :pinkiecrazy:
Except for the mushy bits about "friendship".

Login or register to comment