• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Love and Music - slade8283



Vinyl has finally made a name for herself in the music world, but where does that leave Octavia? The two mares learn that living in the world of pop music is much harder than they had expected.

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Vinyl breathed heavily as she stared at Octavia's confused face. Vinyl knew Octavia wouldn't take her showing up out of no where light heartily, which was only reassured when she tackled Vinyl. Vinyl had been planning for a week to come back to her former residence. She claimed it was just to pick up her old stuff, but her real intent was much different.

"Ummm..." Vinyl started, "hey there Octavia."

Octavia stared blankly back at her, blinking hard. "Vinyl...?"

"Yeah I came back for a couple things." And something else... Octavia took her hoof off of Vinyl. She stood up and recollected herself. "Thanks."

Octavia gave Vinyl what she called "The Look". It was Octavia's way of saying "Really, what are you doing? No really, what are you doing." Vinyl never liked it. This time Vinyl knew it was bad because Octavia even said "Vinyl really, why are you here?"

Vinyl had never been good at lying, but it always seemed to work on Octavia, so she took another shot, "Like I said, I'm here to pick up some of the stuff I forgot to take with me." Yeah, cause she could never see through that lie. Vinyl thought to herself.

"Really..." she said. Octavia was pretty sharp, and Vinyl knew she had gotten in over her head. "Like what? And tell me without looking around the room at all your stuff that's still here."

Well, that's it. I'm out. "Oh well you know...that one shirt, with that really cool design on it. Oh and my guitar picks, can't forget those."

"No really Vinyl," She saw straight through it, "why are you actually here? And if you tell me 'to pick up my stuff,' I will throw you out that window there."

Vinyl sighed, "Come with me." Vinyl lead her into the living where Doctor Whooves again lead his assistant into impossible danger. She smiled, she really missed watching TV with Octavia. "Alright, so you know that I've been all over Equestria within the past month. I've been selling CDs, playing shows, doing interviews, but I noticed there was something missing." She took another deep breath. Of all the shows she's played, all the interviews she's done, nothing was as hard as what she was about to do. "Octavia...it was you." Octavia showed no emotion, which Vinyl was used to, but this time it made her nervous. This was something pretty big to drop on anypony, especially Octavia.

"Vinyl, I would love to say yes, but you need to know exactly what you've done to me." Vinyl was afraid she was going to do this. She hated to hurt other ponies, but mostly she hated to hurt someone as special to her as Octavia. "You just picked up and left, not telling me anything about when you were going to be back. You're my best friend Vinyl, and you just picking up and leaving really hurt me. Not only that, but you never mentioned me in anything. I helped you out in so many jams, and you just blew me off like that. Have you ever had something like that happen to you? Ever?" Vinyl just hung her head, avoiding any eye contact with Octavia. She had never had that feeling in her life before. In her life, everypony had always been there for her.

"I'm sorry." She was, but Octavia's look demanded more. "I'm sorry I just picked up and left you like that. I'm sorry for never mentioning you in anything before, and I'm sorry for the things I don't even know about. I understand if you don't want me around. I'll just grab my stuff and go." Vinyl was disappointed in herself. She should have known it wouldn't be that easy.

"Vinyl, get back here I'm not done." Vinyl noticed the change in Octavia's tone. She sounded happier, but that didn't always mean that something good was going to happen. Octavia had this habit of putting on her "happy face" and still secretly being mad. Vinyl hated it. "I'd love for us to start being friends again."

Vinyl turned on the spot. "Really?" Octavia gave a nod and a smile. "So you'll come with me then?"

Octavia's eyes grew wide at the question. "I thought you meant you would move back in here. I don't know Vinyl that's a big step. I have a life here, and a job. I can't just pick up and leave like that." Sure you could, Vinyl thought, I did.

"Try it for one month, just one. Leave your address here and tell the orchestra you want to take vacation. I know you've accumulated more than a month, and they would be fine with it." Vinyl replied, trying her best to get a good answer of out Octavia.

Octavia thought long and hard about. Vinyl became nervous. Octavia had so many reasons to reject Vinyl. After five minutes, Octavia finally broke the silence, "Alright, I'll do it. I'll go with you."

Vinyl smiled for the first time that day. There were so many times she thought she lost Octavia, but after what felt like days of negotiations, she finally agreed. Vinyl couldn't be happier. "You won't regret it, I promise. Now if you'll excuse me, I actually do need my stuff that I left here."