• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 1,645 Views, 57 Comments

Love and Music - slade8283



Vinyl has finally made a name for herself in the music world, but where does that leave Octavia? The two mares learn that living in the world of pop music is much harder than they had expected.

  • ...
6
 57
 1,645

Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen

Octavia watched with pride as Vinyl set her five awards on the dressing room table. The light glistened off of them as they made their way to the table, which made them even more magnificent than they were before. The sight warmed Octavia's heart: knowing that Vinyl had worked so hard, and went through so much to get the awards made the moment all the greater.

Vinyl gazed at the awards with a look of triumph in her eyes for a few moments before she turned to Octavia. "Thanks Octavia," she said with a smile on her face. "I'm not sure I could have done this without you."

Octavia let out a short chuckle. "You mean you couldn't have done this if I hadn't stormed out of the gala?"

"Yeah," Vinyl replied with a laugh.

The mares moved to give each other another hug, but were cut off by knocking at the door.

Vinyl sighed at the sound. "Come in," she said bitterly.

The door swung open and Sapphire Shores stood in the doorway, her eyes full of joy as she looked at the new couple. "Well, well, well. Hope I'm not interrupting?"

Vinyl moved closer to Octavia. "Well-"

Octavia shook her head. "No, you're not," she said, cutting off Vinyl, who shot her a playfully frustrated look. "What can we help you with?"

"Not too much, I just wanted to come and give the best of wishes to the new couple." She said quietly. Sapphire kicked her hoof nervously at the ground while she spoke. "And to say I'm sorry I cause a fallout between such a perfect match."

Vinyl smiled at Sapphire. "No hard feelings."

Sapphire perked up at the response. "So...happy ending?" she asked cautiously.

Octavia and Vinyl looked at each other, staring deep into each others eyes. "Happy ending," they agreed.


The following weeks moved by in a blur. Vinyl and Octavia appeared on every single talk show in Equestria, and they were talk of every town for months afterwards. Octavia was frequently introduced as Vinyl's inspiration for her newest album, and the fans eventually grew to love her almost as much as Vinyl.

After a year of traveling and touring together, Vinyl finally popped the question to Octavia at their one year anniversary which they were spending quietly in Canterlot castle, per special permission from Princess Celestia. Octavia accepted Vinyl's propsal before Vinyl had even finished the question.

The wedding took place two months later, also in the Canterlot castle. It was very simple. The happy couple was married by the Princess herself, and was watched by only ten of their closest friends. It was the happiest day of both of their lives.

After the wedding, life became simpler for both Vinyl and Octavia. Octavia traveled with Vinyl for the next ten years, touring Equestria year after year with the love of her life. The couple eventually settled down (after seven more Vinyl Scratch albums) to a quiet life in Ponyville, where Vinyl became a studio producer for the next wave of rock musicians, and Octavia became the conductor of the Ponyville orchestra.

Vinyl and Octavia lived quietly in their homes for the rest of their lives.

The End




Afterword

So basically, this is an afterword, where I put in my last thoughts about the written piece and what not. You can choose to read it, or not. Either way, it helps me conclude the novel for myself, and make some last notes that I want to say about it. Warning: there is probably going to be lots of pointless rambling.

So, I want to start with a thanks to the readers of this. This was a huge part of my life as it turns out, and everyone here who read this and encouraged me deserve a big thank you.

Also, I'm sorry this took six months to finish. Something big came up honestly, and it distracted me (Read my blog thing if you want to know, kind of). But here it is, six months later than it should have been.

Anyway, not as long as I thought it would be, but that's how my writing kind of goes in the end I guess. Again though, huge thanks to everyone, you guys really are awesome.

Author's Note:

Wow, lots of the early dialogue moves fast. Don't know what I was doing there, very unlike me.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm glad I followed this story. I don't even care that it took 6 months to update because it was a good ending

Pointless rambling. I like that stuff. My A/Ns are usually about 700 words of pointless ramblings. But, we Ramble On because that's what a Ramblin' Man does.

Good story, though.

You get a standing ovation from me. And a like. And a fave. And all the hoofies. And whatever awards you can get from story writing. You have done well and I wish for you to write a lot more.

Well I read this all in one sitting, and it's about 2:55 am. Despite some spelling errors this was well written.

Login or register to comment