• Published 11th Mar 2013
  • 1,208 Views, 20 Comments

SMP-5N - Okhlahoma Beat-Down



When Hyperion has a corporate brainwave, they decide to send a random person into the body of a machine to inspect an unidentified planet. Sounds easy, right? It's harder than it looks: just make me a frickin' SATURN.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,208

Wedding Day To Save: Engage Changelings, Defend Ponies.

"...Loooooaderrrrr..."
...wha-what...? Who's speaking?
"Loader? You frickin' awake? Jesus, wake up you lazy piece of-"
"Acknowledged. SMP-5N online." I replied.
"Finally, you're up. You were offline for a few hours after landing; you wandered about for a bit, then went offline."
"Unidentified error must have occurred." I replied. My optical sensors were still inactive.
"I'll say: you're about 5 miles from the cavern entrance. Jack had you dropped 20 miles from the city to avoid detection."
"Unidentified error seems to have been an energy spike with teleportational capabilities. Optical sensors remaining offline. 56% reactivated, map active."
"Alright. Has it been marking your route?" I checked my map. I was in a single circle of recognised territory, whilst the rest was dark.
"Negative."
"Damn. You're gonna need to find your way out. Remember you have your EMP to fall back on should you run into any of the guards. If they get too close, chop 'em up."
"Request acknowledged. Might I ask who this is?"
"Officer Williams. I was the one who dropped you on that planet in the first place."
"I never did find out who turned me into an A.I."
"Later: right now, you'd better get outta there."
"Acknowledged."
OPTICAL SENSOR ONLINE.
Wow, timing. The white circle of light began opening, slowly filling my vision with a dim glow. I could see I was in a dark cave, stalactites hanging from the roof like giant stone bats. I was lying on my back, and I could see I must have landed beside a wall. My right arm/claw was completely 90° against the wall. After much creaking, groaning, and hissing, I pulled myself up. The cavern was vast, and according to some seismic scans on my HUD, it wasn't the biggest of them. The largest was five miles to the east, directly under the city.
"Beginning journey." I said loudly, voice echoing into the distance. With that said, I began a 25 minutes and 34.8 second journey to the cavern.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Hello?" a sudden female voice called. My systems immediately picked up on it, and formulated a response.
"I am acknowledging your location." I loudly replied.
"Who's there?" the woman sounded nervous. "Show yourself!"
"Request acknowledged." I called back. "Requesting non-hostile response to my appearance." I began to follow the sound of the voice. I began to quickly stomp towards the location of the callings: however every path comes with obstacles. A large crystal wall stood between me and the voice.
"Rotors engaging." I said loudly. I quickly span my blades up to maximum revolutions: 500 revolutions per second. Once I was sure they were fully capable, I stomped forward and began to push into the wall. Being a mining Loader, the blades rapidly eroded the rock, leaving an infinity symbol shaped hole in the crystal face. Rock flew everywhere, yet I pressed on. Finally, after much grinding through stone, I had it at a point where a powerful stomp smashed it open. I could see my quarry before the dust had even settled: a lavender unicorn with deep purple mane, clearly prepared to fight back.
"What are you?!?" she screamed, scrambling back quickly.
"Hyperion PWR Loader Designate: SMP-5N." I replied calmly. "Why would you be down here?"
"W-Well, my brother is getting married, and the mare marrying him is...a...well..."
"Succubus?" I asked.
"No, no...she's...a changeling? Wait, why should I trust you?! You were defeated by Celestia a few days ago along with your sidekicks!"
"Acknowledged. She was, however, unjustified in our destruction. I was simply the bearer of bad news, and unfortunately the brunt of her rage."
"Well the Princess told me-"
"Forget what she told you. Did the Changeling banish you down here?"
"Y-Yes."
"Do you wish to escape?"
"Yes..."
"I must deal with that in a moment, then." Suddenly, just as I began to plant the beacon, my ECHO reactivated.
"Loader, we're detecting another life form just behind you! Massive energy signatures emanating from it; probably one of those alicorns!" Williams exclaimed.
"Acknowledged." I replied. Suddenly, the unicorn jumped up beside me.
"That must be Princess Cadence!" she yelled, in what seemed to be a happy tone. Charging her horn with a purple aura, she released an energy blast that utterly obliterated a nearby wall. Behind it sat/cowered a pink alicorn with pink mane and gold strands. "Cadence!"
"Cadence." I repeated after the unicorn. She sort of glared at me, before reuniting with her assumed friend. They did some dancing, a possible ritual, before my attention slipped. I turned back around, beacon carefully held in a claw, before I found a flat area. Then, in one sharp and powerful movement I rammed it into the stone. Almost instantly, it began flashing and beeping. Once more, Williams came onto my ECHO.
"Beacon's active! Sending reinforcements! Plant that Fast Travel station, Loader!" he ordered. I did as he asked without question; a small digistruct device attached to my waist began to project a beam of energy. Quite quickly, a Fast Travel station popped up.
"Active." I said.
"What's that thing?" a new voice said from behind. "Twilight, it's doing something!"
"I am simply digistructing a Hyperion Corporation Fast Travel Station." I replied matter-of-factly. The alicorn seemed pretty beaten up, covered in bruises, and looked nearly dead. I sighed mentally, not being able to see one of the characters from my favourite TV programme injured. I went into my ECHO, and spoke to Williams. "Send a medical officer: one of my new allies is severely wounded. Also, send some RPG Loaders. We may require the Anti-Aircraft missiles."
I knew I would help in some way: I would get to grind Changelings into bloody green pulps.
---------------------------------------------------------
Within but a few minutes, a medical officer had arrived along with a squad of Hyperion troops. They all seemed slightly bewildered by the talking horse in front of them. I, meanwhile, was used to such a strange sight. The medical officer seemed to be trying to comfort the princess as he patched her up with insta-health vials.
"Don't worry; it's a medical device." he would tell her as she winced at the needles. "So, your wedding day? Who's the lucky guy?"
"Sh-Shining Armor..." she shakily replied.
"Well, congratulations then." With that, the good doctor patted the Princess on the head, before approaching the soldiers, me, and the RPG Loaders that had arrived. "Why did you need a squad, sir?"
"Are you aware of the 2012 Season 2 Finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?" I asked. He shook his head.
"I was originally a human much like you. I watched that show. I distinctly remember what happened in the episode where that pony appeared."
"And?" asked one trooper.
"Masses of airborne Changelings wreck the city. If we were to defend the city, we would gain public trust."
"First, though," the Princess said, standing beside me. Even though taller than Twilight, she was much smaller than me. Even the troopers were just taller. "We need to stop the Queen. She has disguised herself as me. She should be easy to spot. I'll come with you...people to expose her. Unless, you have other ideas?"
"I would have ordered for HOT Loaders and JET Loaders, maybe even some WAR Loaders for backup, but your plan seems good. Would it be possible to teleport us there?" I asked.
"In my current state, I should manage to get us outside the Chapel doors." Cadence's horn went aglow. "Hold onto something." The troopers began panickingly clutching their rifles as though children with stuffed animals, whilst the Loaders and I didn't mind. One bright flash later, and we were gone.