• Published 11th Mar 2013
  • 1,208 Views, 20 Comments

SMP-5N - Okhlahoma Beat-Down



When Hyperion has a corporate brainwave, they decide to send a random person into the body of a machine to inspect an unidentified planet. Sounds easy, right? It's harder than it looks: just make me a frickin' SATURN.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,208

Destroy Invasion Forces. Mass Destruction Catalyst Enabled.

Luna and I made a fantastic team. 74.6% of hostiles that approached us were cut down by my spinning blades and EMP cannon, whilst the remaining 25.4% of hostiles were smacked with the princess' sword or shot with powerful magic blasts. We had set up a defensive pairing in the centre of the street, giving us a clear view of the surrounding skies and buildings. Suddenly, my map caught a massive grouping of red dots 24° to our rear. Quickly turning, I was detecting about 40 Changelings gathered for a charge.
"Hostiles detected; 40." I yelled over the loud chitterings. Luna growled loudly.
"We'll need higher ground. I can lift you up to a building, let's go!" Just as she prepared to lift me, noticeable by the aura beginning to surround her horn, I held up a claw to stop her.
"Negative; I can get up myself." I replied. I engaged the thrusters on my legs, and, much to the princess' surprise, I leapt straight up to a nearby roof. The balcony cracked and groaned as I crashed down onto it, bits of flooring going everywhere as I immediately broke into a run/rapid path involving stomping at high speed. I was promptly joined by the night princess.
"Impressive," she chuckled, shaking her blade of Changeling blood, "But let's see how many we have to carve up." Almost as if on a cue, the hordes arose from the sides of the building, hungry for...well, Luna's love. I had none, and it would likely be impossible to extract even if I did have any. Plus, there seemed to be 5 times as many as there were at the end of the street, thus meaning a good 200 of the Changelings were on this one roof.
"Support required." I said down the squad microphone. "Fire missiles at our position." Almost instantly, the sound of hundreds of missiles launching from across the fancy rooftops. I could detect the small sources of heat soaring towards us.
"Firing missiles." one RPG Loader replied. "Seek cover." Quickly, I grabbed the princess, much to her thrashing and objection, held her under one arm, and began to "sprint" towards the edge of the rooftops.
"Put me down at ONCE!" Luna squealed, smacking her hooves against my metal legs. I ignored this, and promptly dived off the building. All systems onboard my body almost instantly went dark.
Light.
---------------------------------------------------------
RECONSTRUCTING UNIT SMP-5N.
Damn it. Should have thought that one through. Hundreds of missiles and nowhere to go never mix.
"Sir," an RPG Loader voice asked. "Are you alright? Apologies: normally I never miss."
"Acknowledged." I replied, giving my blades a few spins. The fast-travel station had dropped me back into the caves, and a loud commotion was occurring above. However, I was not alone in the caverns: one Badass Constructor watched over a few hundred loaders who were trudging about carrying building materials. Meanwhile, some constructors idly floated by, my HUD telling me they were waiting for somebody to order them about. I took that job quickly.
"Constructor," I firmly said. The large machine quickly engaged it's legs, looked at me, and dropped down a few metres in front. "Reinforcements required above. Prepare combat protocols."
"Acknowledged. Preparing autocannons." he replied. Suddenly, I noticed something about his ID tags. MIC-K3. I couldn't help it; I had to know this.
"Constructor?"
"Sir."
"Do the letters SMP-5N sound familiar?"
"Yes sir. It reminds me of my family surname."
"It was my family's surname as well. My family was killed so I could become a Loader. I assume the assassins arrived at 3 in the morning."
"Acknowledged. Hello, son."
"Hello, father."

Author's Note:

Ooh, dramatic. Friggin' dramatic.