• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 1,217 Views, 37 Comments

The Three Seasons - Schrodinger's Pony



What would happen if all three seasons of MLP happened at the same time?

  • ...
1
 37
 1,217

Portents of Doom

Celestia looked into the distance and smiled as she prepared the precious gems that would be her sister’s salvation.

Long had the Elements of Harmony gathered dust. But now, finally, her sister would be free from her thousand year imprisonment and then Twilight would be able to use the Elements of Harmony to save her.

With a flash, the teleportation spell was sent, and all was right. Go my Elements. Disconnect from me, and find new hosts. Go and save my sister.

The doors bursting open put an almost immediate dampener on her tranquil mood.

“Your majesty –” Razor Edge froze.

Celestia almost never asked for privacy. When she did, she expected her wishes to be obeyed with the same zeal that her little ponies used to carry out the orders she hadn’t even officially gave.

“What is it?” She asked, easing off of her glare.

Razor Edge gulped. “Captain Shining Armor Princess… I was told only to tell you that… ‘IT’ has returned.”

Celestia’s eyes widened.

There was only one thing in all of Equestria she’d ever given the codename of IT. Only one place important enough.

But it was too soon. Her plans were not yet laid! Luna was still on the moon, Twilight had yet to discover her bond with the Elements, there was literally no time for…

Celestia took a deep, calming breath.

“There is nothing else for it.” She said. “Cancel my appearance at the Ponyville Summer Sun Festival. Have what Wonderbolts you can and a handful of my best guards meet me at the train station.”

A steely look entered her eye. “I will deal with this matter personally.”

This… this would take some planning to pull off right.

oooOOOooo

Twilight, meanwhile, was studying a book in the Royal Canterlot Gardens.

It was a truly fascinating history of Equestria. She thought she’d read every book in the Royal Library, and she was going to move on to the scrolls, but Spike had found this one just this morning. A new book! And also very old… she could smell the ancientness radiating from the leaves.

She was just about to start a chapter entitled ‘The Legend Of The Two Sisters’ when she heard a commotion by the maze. Smiling, she put the book away – she could always read it later, but right now there was something more important to take care of.

The group of foals rounded the corner, lead by a pink earth pony with curly yellow hair. “And this is the statue of Victory.” Cheerilee explained to the group of foals who had followed her.

“That’s right!” Twilight said cheerily, trotting over to the group. “Victory here was commissioned in Equestria’s early renaissance period, commiserating the successful Fashion Revolution that took place at that time.”

Usually Twilight would be reading alone, but when she heard that a school was doing a tour of the gardens she'd volunteered to chaperone. She truly loved lecturing, and she was certain she would be able to do a lot of good if she was able to spend some time around impressionable young minds.

Cheerilee brightened, and gestured to her students. “Class, this is Twilight Sparkle. She’s Princess Celestia’s personal protégé, and she’s graciously agreed to come along with us on our tour.”

“Hello Ms. Sparkle.” The majority of the class droned.

Except for a quartet of fillies in the back.

“Oh man, how cool would it be to have that as your Cutie Mark?” Whispered a yellow Earth Pony with a red mane and a ribbon.

“Only if you’re special talent is being ‘victoryfull’ at something.” A pink pony with a tiara on her head shot back.

“Victoryfull ithn’t a word.” Hissed a filly with a red curly mane.

“What are you, a dictionary?” The pink filly laughed, as did her silver companion.

Twilight didn’t notice the ruckus at the back of the class though. She gestured at Cheerilee to follow her, and they walked through the gardens. At regular intervals, they stopped, and they talked to the foals about certain statues. It was a long journey, especially with Twilight going all out with her lectures.

When they reached the last statue of the maze, Cheerilee turned to her students, alook in her eyes suggesting she wanted to sleep as much as they did, and asked. “And can anypony guess what this statue represents?”

The statue was twisty and turny, and the body parts were mismatched.

“Evil?” Applebloom asked, as Twist shuddered.

“Chaos?” Applebloom didn’t know the name of the orange pegasus that came up with that.

“Discord?” Asked Dinky Hooves, their class’s weirdest and somehow smartest member.

“Exactly Dinky, Discord.” Cheerilee said.

“This statue of a mythical creature represents the antithesis of harmony.” Twilight Sparkle lectured the class. “It’s a… mismatched dragon of some sort. The real mysterious fact about this statue, is nopony knows who the craftspony was. Nopony, perhaps, except Princess Celestia, and she hasn’t told anypony in years.”

“Eeep!” A marshmallow white unicorn with a striped purple mane pointed beyond the statue. “It’s a ferocious dragon!”

Naturally, instead of running and screaming, the crowd of foals moved in for a closer look.

Twilight giggled. “Don’t worry children, that’s just my assistant Spike.”

The purple baby dragon skidded to a halt, parchment in his claw, as he huffed for breath. “You hear that Twilight?” He asked, as he held out the scroll proudly. “I’m ferocious!”

“Terrifying.” Twilight rolled her eyes and took the scroll.

Back in the back of the class, Diamond Tiara nudged Applebloom. “Hey, maybe that statue can be your cutie-mark.” She snickered.

“It would sure fit Twist to get a cutie-mark in being ugly.” Silver Spoon added, and the two fillies almost collapsed into hysterical giggling.

Applebloom gasped, and looked behind at her friend. The blank flanked filly had stopped smiling, and for the first time in her life, Applebloom thought Twist looked hurt.

“Alright ya varmints, that does it!”Applebloom leaped forward and tackled the pair of snooty fillies, at the same time as an orange pegasus filly jumped out.

The pair conked their head together, and cried ‘ouch!’

“Or maybe you’ll get a cutie-mark in clumsy.” Tiara snickered, as she and her friend walked away.

My Faithful Student Twilight Sparkle...
The lost kingdom of the Crystal Empire has returned from a long period of, well, being lost. I will have to miss this years Summer Sun celebration, as this matter has become one of an utmost urgency.

Applebloom rounded on the pegasus newcomer. “What’d you do that for?”

“They were being bullies!” The pegasus snapped in a whisper. “I was gonna teach them a lesson!”

“Hey, they were bullying my friend!” Applebloom shot back. “I got dibs on ‘em!”

“Oh, what, so you can’t share?”

“No! I’ve been waiting a long time to give one of them a thumping, and you just got in the way!”

“You got in my way!”

“Nuh uh!”

“Uh huh!”

“Nuh uh!’

“Uh huh!”

Since I am working twice as hard during a national holiday, I have decided you should have a break. I have arranged for you to be escorted to Ponyville. Hopefully, you will be able to get out of those dusty old books and make some friends. I know the concept of making friends may seem scary for you at first, but I have every confidence that you will do so with the same vigor you study magic.

“Applebloom, Scootaloo.” Cheerilee said, striding over to the pair. “We’re in the middle of a royal tour. Can’t you please behave yourself?”

“It’s not my fault!” Scootaloo protested. “Little Miss Clumsy bonked me on the head!”

“Who are you calling clumsy?” Applebloom protested. “At least I don’t smell like I haven’t showered in a day!”

“At least I don’t smell like…” Scootaloo, whose face was at this point angrily pressed against Applebloom’s, sniffed. “… apples?”

“Ms. Cheerilee, they’re fighting!” Diamond Tiara pointed out.

“Aren’t you going to punish them?” Silver Spoon asked.

“Girls, enough!” Cheerilee said, separating the fillies.

I’ve prepared a chariot to escort you immediately. I hope you have a wonderful vacation Twilight.

Now two fillies getting into a fight, especially if they aren’t even friends at the time, would barely raise the level of chaos above a low simmer.

But it’s amazing what the presence of an upper class pony could do. Cheerilee hadn’t raised her voice at any of her students in all the time she’d been teaching. And yet with Celestia’s personal protégé nearby, and her wanting to make a good impression… well, even the best ponies make a mistake sometimes. Especially when their patience has been eroded by an hour long lecture on a variety of statues.

Know that I love you, and that I am with you in spirit.
Your friend and mentor,
Princess Celestia.

Discord’s statue cracked.

“I’m sorry Cheerilee.” Twilight said, putting the scroll away. She really didn’t want to miss out a chance on educating young minds, but Princess Celestia said so. “I have some royal business to take care of.”

And as she left the garden, with Cheerilee lecturing her students on field trip etiquette, an ominous chuckle reverberated through the world.