• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
83. fixing the TARDIS

When the spell had finished I knew most everything about the TARDIS, that it had a ton of different rooms, none of them having the same function, that there were more than just the three of us here right now, and how to work the control panel.

I was a little dazed; my mind had already received Dillon’s memories, now I get thousands of years of information stuffed in my head, great.

When I came out of my daze I looked over at the control panel. The doctor was already at it, flipping switches and pressing buttons.

“What are you waiting for, an invitation?” he yelled.

“kinda.” I said.

He stopped what he was doing and stared at me. We had a five second staring contest, me with a little smirk, him completely serious. Our contest was decided a tie when a big red light started flashing and a siren went off.

“That’s good right?” I yelled over the noise.

“When is a red light and a siren ever good?” he yelled back.

“right.” Then I dove under the circular panel in the middle of the room, unlatched a small door and opened it. Behind the door was a mess of wires, each a slightly different color and some of them not even connected. To the untrained eye this would look like cacophony, like discord himself plugged it all in, but I knew exactly what each wire did.

I started plugging in and unplugging at what looked like random intervals, but was actually a precise pattern of inputs and outputs. Let me explain, if you have an outlet of energy and that outlet can’t have any less than five places that its energy is going without it exploding. If you want to unplug one thing you must plug something else in first. Basically if I unplugged something at the wrong time it would blow up the TARDIS, and that was a best case scenario.

When I was done with the wires it still looked like a clown’s hair, but it was correct. I popped up next to the doctor and noticed another human was in the room.

“Who’re you?” she asked.

I started doing something similar to what the doctor was doing before I answered “I'm Fixinit.” I said.

“I can see that, but what’s your name?” she asked.

“I’m Fixinit.” I repeated.

“Too busy to answer, fine, doctor, what’s that one’s name?” she asked the doctor.

“He’s Fixinit.”

“You too? fine.” She seemed a little frustrated, trying to get my name. “Twilight, what’s your friends name?” she asked the mare who had been standing there for the past five minutes wondering what we were doing.

“He’s Fixinit.” she said.

The new girl screamed in frustration.

“No, that’s his name, F-i-x-i-n-i-t.” Twilight spelled my name out to the new human.

“Of course, I shoulda known.” She face-palmed. “Do you guys need help?” she asked the doctor and me.

“We should be able to handle it, but stand by in case things go sour.” The doctor said.

We spent about five minutes messing with the large control panel. We were almost done when artificial gravity kicked out. Twilight went flying through the air; I caught her with my magic and put her next to the other girl who was hanging onto a railing for dear life.

“Is everyone ok?” the doctor asked.

“yeah.” we all echoed each other.

“good.” And he went back to work. “We’re almost done; just hang on a little longer.” He was flipping and pressing and jiggling franticly.

“What else could there be?” I asked as I scanned the surface “what caused that?”

“I don’t know.” He said.

We continued working on the TARDIS and eventually realized we had been traveling the entire time.

“Did you initiate travel?” I asked.

“No, did you?”

“No, I did not.” We were done working and were now trying to fix the gravity.

“We seem to be moving quite fast.” He observed.

“Should I stop it?”

“Not sure. The TARDIS might be leading us somewhere.”

“Can the TARDIS stop itself?” I asked.

Before I had time to get an answer the TARDIS suddenly shook violently as it hit something, it seemed that we had arrived somewhere but before I could ask where we had landed the door swung open and Twilight was forced out by the momentum of the TARDIS’s landing. My mind was in full panic mode, but I acted immediately, on instinct, as I jumped out after her, not knowing or caring what was on the other side. I would face any danger to keep my promise and keep her safe.

Turns out the TARDIS had smashed into the side of a cliff and fell on a small ledge. I leaped out of the TARDIS and landed a few paces from the edge of the ledge in time to see Twilight's hooves slip away from the cliff. My mind froze as she screamed, but my heart had stepped in to take control, it would seem, as I launched myself over the cliff. This is not a several story drop or even dozen stories drop, but it had to be miles.

I am now falling with my focus on Twilight, while I contorted my body to allow me to catch up to her flailing body her words rung in my ears ‘telekinesis is relevant to the pony, not the planet they stand on.’ I looked over my shoulder at the ledge rapidly disappearing. I need catch up to her faster. I used my telekinesis to push against the cliff to give me more speed, with the speed boost I shot toward her only to give her a moments embrace and some parting words.

“Twilight, I love you.” I kissed her on the cheek and used my telekinesis with all the strength, will and concentration I could muster and sent her flying up away from me toward the cliff where the TARDIS and the doctor were at the moment.

Now that she had been given the best chance of safety I had time to reflect on my actions. Twilight looked horrified. Maybe because she thought she would die, maybe because she knew that I had just sacrificed myself to whatever was at the bottom of this pit for her, but it was worth it... she had friends, the princesses, and family to care, to love, and live for, but not me, I don’t have any of that, not anymore... Twilight is all I really had and it would not be fair for her to die if I could help it. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

Okay this is taking a long time... what was at the bottom of this pit anyway? I maneuvered around and saw what looked like giant earth worms crawling below... there must thousands of them down there. Is this what the doctor meant the first time I saw him? Maybe... I can’t be sure, but either way I, at least, saved Twilight from this fate. She should be alright in time... she may hurt over losing me... Twilight... my one I love is alive and that’s all that matters.

-----

When Fixinit and I were fixing the TARDIS I wasn’t paying attention to what he was doing, if he had done something on accident it might have caused the gravity to kick out. But I didn’t have time to do anything about that, I needed to go see what was going on outside.

When I stepped outside I expected to be in a Roman battle against the Greeks or maybe in the New York trade center just before it went down. I was not expecting to be at a worm pit. I looked down in time to see something fly past my head… going up. I looked up and there Twilight Sparkle was, defying gravity and going up, out of the pit. I realized that if she hit the ground from that height she might hurt herself. I got under her and caught her.

She was significantly heavier than I thought she was going to be. You expect something of her size and gender to be light as a feather, compared to a human anyway. Moving on from Twilight’s weight, I set her down and she rushed towards the edge.

Author's Note:

wait, I'm about to kill off my mane character? what?!
Fixinit: I thought you said all those threats were jokes!
me: me too!
Fixinit: then what's this?!
me: I... I don't know.

PreviousChapters Next