• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,250 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,250

PreviousChapters Next
68. Magic session

Last night’s sleep was amazing. I had never known a bed to feel so great. Let me explain, after I ate dinner yesterday I went back into the library and noticed the sleeping form of Twilight Sparkle, the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria, on the couch. She obviously wasn’t getting up any time soon and instead of trying to wiggle in with her, which would look really weird in the morning, I just slept in her bed. Although I did have a little freak out when I woke this morning, thinking about my second most recent memory flash. But that didn’t last too long so I was fine.

When I arrived downstairs, though, the last thing I expected happened. She had a question for me.

“How much magic do you know?” she asked, completely innocent and honestly.

“Um… what?” I asked, voicing my obvious confusion.

“What spells do you know?” she rephrased the question.

“Um… I can levitate objects.” I said sheepishly.

“Is that all?” she didn’t ask in a condescending tone, but the question itself was disappointed.

“yes.” My head fell to the floorboards in shame.

“Not bad.” This peaked my interest.

“Not bad? How old are you again? And how many spells do you know? Yeah, that’s what I thought.” I said all of this without giving her a chance to respond.

“Well, how long have you been handling magic?” she asked.

“I don’t know, a couple of weeks now.” I guessed.

“I didn’t learn basic levitation until I was five.” She told me not at all ashamed or enthusiastic.

“Really? And that is important because…” I trailed off intentionally, prompting her to answer the unasked question.

“Well, considering how long you’ve actually been a pony, you’re way ahead of any recorded growth of knowledge.” She said as she stood up and walked around me.

“Yeah, but I'm still an eighteen year old stallion that doesn’t know how to teleport.”

“I know twenty five year old stallions that don’t know how to teleport.” She said bluntly.

“Like who?” I almost screamed.

“Big Mac, for one.” She said in the most smartass tone I had ever heard.

“Yeah, he’s not a unicorn.” I deadpanned.

“But he’s a stallion!” she rubbed in my face my mistake.

“Whatever, you know what I mean.” I waved her off as I walked to the kitchen.

“Yeah, yeah, I was just thinking, if we’re going to fight evil I want you prepared if he decides to come to Ponyville.” I froze.

“Wait, you actually expect me to stay here and wait for you to return?” I asked, not quite turning around.

“Well, yeah.”

“no.” she was stunned.

“But you could get hurt!” her argument was futile.

“So could you.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, but I have the elements of harmony, you don’t have that kind of protection!” still futile.

“What kind of protection do those necklaces actually provide?” I asked in my calm tone.

“well… none, but still, I know a ton of force field spells and shield spells and I can teleport ponies and-” I stopped her there, she still didn’t see the futility in her argument.

“And I could learn some of those too.”

“Yeah, but your magic isn’t as strong as mine!” she was starting to tear up, probably at the thought of losing me.

“So? I'm still going with you, no matter what!” the finality of my voice hadn’t quite reached her.

“Why?” she asked in a half whisper.

I took a minute to think. Why did I want to make sure she was safe? The answer was obvious to me, but what kept me thinking? It was probably the fact that I knew this would be the deciding factor in if she would let me go or not.

“Because I love you.” I told her.

“Had it ever occurred to you that the same went for me?” she asked.

My mind went into frenzy. Was she implying that she loved me? Did she love me? What was she talking about?

“W-what?” I asked her, hoping she would tell me those three words.

“Maybe I'm not letting you go because I love you too much.” She said in a serious tone.

“Are… are you saying…?” she looked me in the eye.

“Or maybe it’s the fact that I don’t want anypony else to get hurt because of mistakes that I made in the past.” She said with a deathly cold stare.

“Twilight…” she stormed into the kitchen, leaving me staring at a point in the distance, stunned and dazed beyond belief.

-----

We had breakfast in silence, she was obviously thinking hard, but what about? Was she thinking of more reasons I couldn’t come with her? Was she thinking of what might happen when they finally get to Discord? Was she thinking about the next step in her plan? If only I could get inside her head…

-----

inside Twilight’s mind

‘Why is he so reckless, jumping into a dangerous fight like this just to protect me? Does he truly love me like Dillon did? Am I being just as reckless as him? He promised me he would always be there for me no matter what... He loves me enough to protect me from Discord...and maybe even the princesses themselves! I’ll make sure to help him so he can protect me....or at least protect himself.’

-----

Breakfast was good, we finished and headed to the park, Twilight wouldn’t tell me why, but it was obviously important to her, she seemed determined to get there. We made it to the park and she spun around to face me with a brisk turn and a stern look.

“Ok, if you’re going to come with us to fight Discord then we’re going to have to teach you a few basic spells.” She told me.

“Great, where do we begin?” I asked enthusiastically.

“We begin with the basics, telekinesis.” She said with a teacher-ish tone.

“I already know that.”

“Ok, so you know everything about it.”

“No. I just know how to do it.”

“Ok, but you need to know the fundamentals about it.” she explained. “For example, what is the movement relevant to?” she asked.

“The planet the pony using it is on?” I asked, not quite sure of myself.

“No, it’s relevant to the pony itself.” She facehoofed. “You see, this is why you need to learn these things.”

“Why is that important?” I asked bluntly.

“If I dropped you off a cliff how would you get back up?”

“Well, I would levitate myself up, duh.” I answered dumbly.

“No, that wouldn’t work, it’s like if you sit in a chair and try to lift the chair. Without putting something on the ground to lift you up, it’s physically impossible.” I tried to picture it in my head and started to realize what she was telling me.

“Oh, I get it, so if I tried to levitate myself up to you, I would keep falling because I can't move away or towards myself.” I tried to elaborate in my own words.

“Exactly, but you can manipulate certain parts of yourself, for example.” She lifted her hoof up with magic. “I'm not using any muscles in my leg, but my hoof is raised. It’s my just my hoof, not myself. It makes sense if you don’t really think about it, but I think of it as one of the inconsistencies of magic.” She smile and put her hoof down.

“What would happen if two unicorns propelled each other at the same time?” I asked.

“Well… it depends; if they’re pushing each other in the same direction then the more powerful magic would prevail. But if they’re pushing in opposite directions then the magic would be combined to be more powerful than either magic alone.” She answered.

“Ok, I think I understand, what else is there?”

We continued this little session until the sun started to dip in the sky, taking small breaks now and then to rest and eat. I learned a few new spells just a few of the basics. We left for home and got back right in time for dinner.

Author's Note:

sorry for the late update, I have a cold and my alergies are acting up. my nose is broken. I will try to get more updates in faster, but once school's out I'll be writing a ton more than normal so that should speed it up a ton.

thank you for you patience.

PreviousChapters Next