• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,251 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,251

PreviousChapters Next
50. Introductions

“Ah thought ah told yall next time would be fer lunch.” She said.

“I know, but I wanted to help today too.” I looked down a little.

“Well aint that mighty kind of ya? But ah can't ask fer yer help.”

“You didn’t ask, I offered.” She gave this a bit of thought.

“Ya sure?” she asked.

“Of course.” I gave her a reassuring nod.

“Ok. C’mon in.” she walked back into the house with me right behind her.

When we got to the kitchen I saw she was almost done making breakfast, I offered to finish up but she said she could do it. I took a seat at the table and waited for her to finish. She got done around five minutes later; we set the table with plates, forks, spoons, knives, different condiments, decorations, and finally the food. Then she went to fetch the rest of her family. The first to get to the kitchen was Big Mac, he greeted me with a small nod, then took a seat at the table, there was a moment of awkward silence in which we stared at each other. Thankfully, another pony joined us and broke the silence. The filly from the first day I was here, only yesterday.

She looked up at me and asked “what are you doin here?” tilting her head in a cute questioning manner.

“I came to help you guys with the harvest.”

“Why?” this was the one question I knew I couldn’t answer.

“Well… I…” Big mac saved me from utter embarrassment.

“Now, Apple Bloom, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” He scolded.

“Sorry.” She looked down and took her seat, only to look like her happy self as soon as her flank hit the chair.

Minute later Applejack came back, helping an old mare to her seat.

“Dig in!” we all started to eat our food.

A few minutes in I noticed Apple Bloom staring at me “yes?” she averted her eyes “is there something you need, young one?”

“No, its nothin’.” She looked down at her plate.

“It can't be nothing, you were staring at me.” She peeked up at me.

“I was just wonderin’ why ya came back, yall helped us yesterday, yer debt’s repaid, why would ya come back?” she looked up with that questioning face, I had been thinking of an excuse for when she asked again, Applejack beat me to it.

“Apple Bloom, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.”

“That’s what ah said.” Big Mac yelped with a chuckle.

“Sorry.” She repeated.

“It’s fine,” I said “she has a right to know.” Applejack and Big Mac gave me a questioning look “I'm considering coming to work on the farm.” All of their mouths hit the table.

“What?” Applejack was probably the most surprised out of all of them.

“You all heard me. Except for maybe you.” I pointed a hoof at the older mare, who hadn’t even reacted to when I noticed Apple Bloom staring at me.

“Ah herd ya loud n clear, sonny.” She kept eating her food.

“That’s good. So why aren’t you surprised like the others, and why are you guys surprised?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Well… it’s kinda been in our family tradition to hire only family members. We never really had a non-apple want to come work on the farm.”

“Well, consider me the first.” I said happily as I ate another piece of apple pie “and why aren’t you surprised?” we all looked at the happy shriveled face of the eldest at the table.

“Because you aren’t the first.” The elder mare said in a calm tone, everypony else’s mouths fell further.

“Then who was the first? I never heard of a non-apple joinin’ the farm!” Applejack was further surprised by the new information.

“Your father.” With that everypony froze.

“Wh-what?” Applejack was stunned.

“Yall heard me! Yer daddy was the first non-apple to join the farm.” They all stayed stunned, I was starting to get concerned.

“Why did everypony stop when she mentioned your father?” I asked in my most oblivious voice possible.

“Ah never knew mah father.” Applejack said in a distant tone.

“Ah knew ‘im for a while, then he up and disappeared. We still don’t know what happened to ‘im.” Big Mac muttered with obvious malice in his voice.

“That’s terrible.” I said, I reached out to hold her hoof comfortingly, she accepted with obvious appreciation.

Then she pulled me into a hug. I was a little stunned, but recovered quickly. I hugged her back. We stayed like that for a minute, then Big Mac coughed and she backed off blushing, we both sat in our seats and didn’t say a word. I don’t know about her, but I lost my appetite.

After everypony was done eating we had introductions.

“Ah understand that yesterday we never really showed you our family.” Said applejack “this here is Big Mac, mah big bruther, the little one is Apple Bloom, mah little sister” I involuntarily had a mental sigh of relief “and that over there is Granny Smith.” Granny Smith was sitting in a rocking chair knitting.

“You have a nice little family, Applejack.” I chuckled a little.

“Our family is bigger than most, this is jus the Ponyville branch. We have many more farms all ‘round Equestria.” I was impressed.

“So is this some sort of giant corporation?” I raised an eyebrow jokingly.

“No, it’s family owned. In fact, if it weren’t for Granny Smith, Ponyville wouldn’t even be here.” I looked over to the old mare.

“Kinda hard to believe, don’t you think?” I told her.

“Well, it’s a long story; let’s just say that she found a new type of apple.”

“That’s great. I would love to hear it!” I sat down.

“And I wuld love to tell it, but we have a lot of werk ta do.” She started walking to the door, I saw my chance.

“Well, maybe I could work with you and you could tell me the story while we work.” She turned her head with a look of thought.

“That might just work. Yall can work with me today.” In my mind I fist pumped.

Author's Note:

so... you get to work with applejack... good for you... don't blow it.
Silver: I hope I don't...
me: so do I.

PreviousChapters Next