• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,245 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
106
 797
 2,245

PreviousChapters Next
45. Payback

When I opened that gate I was anxious. I had thought out the conversation from beginning to end, what I thought the most likely answers were going to be, and planned accordingly. I walked up to the house, still anxious, but less so. I knocked a few times, then took a step back and waited. After a few seconds a little filly opened the door, I had not thought of the possibility that Applejack had a child, this would alter my plans entirely, and if she already had somepony then I was screwed. She looked up at me.

“Well, howdy there, stranger.” She seemed to be happy to see me, even if she had never met me “what brings yall out here?”

“I wanted to see Applejack. She made us dinner yesterday and I wanted to thank her.” She smiled now that she knew what I wanted.

“One sec.” she yelled into the house “Applejack! There’s a stallion here for ya!” she walked into the house and I heard hoof steps coming from the house; then she opened the door.

“Howdy, what brings yall ‘ere?” she looked like she had gotten up only a few minutes ago.

“You made us dinner yesterday; I just came to show my thanks.” She chuckled.

“Helpin with the dishes was ‘nuf.”

“No, you went through the trouble of making us a meal, where I come from that's worth a day of work.” I puffed my chest a little.

“You sure yer up fer it?”

“Absolutely.”

“Then c’mon in.” I walked in the house, it was nice, old pictures, old furniture, old style, I liked it “Is that really how it werks back where yall come frum?”

“No, but it got you to accept didn’t it?”

“Heh, I guess yer right.” She led me further into the house.

“So, Applejack, what do you need doing?” she turned and gave me a look of thought.

“Ya could try apple buckin, but that might not be fruitful. We might need help with the animals, yall good with cridders?”

“Yeah, I’ve had my fair share of encounters with the animal kind.” She lit up.

“Great, that’s what yall can do. Ya can help big mac with the animals.”

“Big mac?” I looked to the filly, the only other pony I had seen yet, she didn’t look very big “where is big mac?”

“Oh, he’s out back.” I knew it “yall wanna come and meet ‘im?” I nodded stiffly.

We went to the back door of the house and looked over their overly large back yard. When I looked out I saw many things, the perfectly green grass, the great scenery, the stunning view, then movement caught my eye, there was a stallion kicking a tree, as he kicked each tree a bunch of apples fell into baskets, not one hit the ground. From where I was he looked tiny, but then I looked at how much space there was between him and me.

“Big Mac! C’mere, we have a new workin hoof!” she yelled out to him, he looked up and galloped back to the house.

As soon as he got 10 yards away I knew I had been blinded by love to see that she already had a stallion in her life, I hadn’t even considered it. This brought my world to a screeching halt. He was tall, muscular, and just larger over all. His legs were twice as big as mine, and he was a head taller than me. Obviously I had some serious competition.

“Silver, meet Big Mackintosh, Big mac, meet Silver. Silver will be helping ya with the animals t’day.” She glanced back and forth between the two of us.

“Um, it’s good to meet you, big mac.” I said awkwardly.

He responded with a single “Eeyup.” We stared at each other for a minute, then Applejack broke the silence.

“You two should get going now, the animals will be up by the time you get there.”

“Eeyup.” Then he started to walk away, I followed after a seconds hesitation.

We took a short walk, there wasn’t anything remarkable about it, we didn’t even talk until we got to the animal barn. When we did get there he just got to work, he opened the doors to let the animals out, then he put feed in all of the animals feed boxes. I sat and watched as he did his thing, not sure what I should do myself.

“What should I do?” then he said his first multi-word-sentence since I’ve been here.

“You can watch the animals ‘til I get back with buckets, we need to milk the cows. Make sure they don’t make any moves to get out, I’ll be right back.” Then he walked behind the barn, I sat down and waited.

I waited for a few minutes then he came back with four buckets. We went through the gate and sat next to the cows, milking them one by one. I started to wonder about big mac and Applejack.

“So are you two… ya know.” He looked at me.

“Yeah, me and Applejack are close.” I felt my heart sink a little more.

“yeah.” I went back to my work.

“Jus bout as close as a bruther and sister could get, I recon.” My ears perked a little.

“What?”

“Ah said that we’re as close as two siblings could get, why?” my heart soared, I didn’t show it, but inside I was jumping around in relief.

“Nothing, just wondering if I heard you right.” I went back to my work happily.

We did several things throughout the day, everything from feeding them to washing them to right up chatting. When the day was almost over we went back to the house, Applejack was waiting for us with apple fritters.

“You do realize that this means that I’ll have to come back and work this off again, right?” I told Applejack, she almost lunged and grabbed the apple fritter out of my hoof.

“Fine, but next time, let’s not have you come here, let’s go and do something else.”

“Like what?”

“I could meet you at sugar cube corner for some lunch.”

“It’s a date.” Then I left, I had just scored a date with the love of my life, so you could imagine how happy I was.

Author's Note:

how happy were you?
Silver: happier than you could ever think.

PreviousChapters Next