• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
29. Duet

“I just think we should take this a little slower, that’s all. I mean, I've known you for about 20 minutes now, and we’re already kissing, I’ve never had a relationship that fast.” I looked down at my hooves, I saw him do the same in the corner of my vision.

“If I'm not your type just tell me. Please.”

“That’s not it, you are defiantly my type, I just don’t know all that much about you, that’s all.”

“Then let’s get to know each other… just... How do you want to go about this?”

“Well, I'm not actually all that sure.” I really didn't know how to start something like this.

“I have an idea. Let’s play a song.”

“With what?”

“We could sing.”

“Oh, I have a horrific singing voice.”

“And I sincerely doubt that. Now come on, we can go somewhere private, where nopony can hear us. Trust me, it’ll be fun. But I need to pick something up real fast.”

“What would that be?”

“Just something I hold very dear to my heart. I won’t be long, I swear.” And with that he ran off, down the road.

He returned about five minutes later with Dillon’s bass on his back “wait, what’s that for? I thought we were going to sing.”

“We are.” he set up and rosined his bow.

“But you have a bass, how could you sing and play something from memory at the same time? Not to mention, I know that bass. That’s Dillon’s bass. Where did you get it?”

“I got this from a good friend, he had a bass on hand that nopony was using and I needed an instrument so he lent it to me. Now tell me if you know this song.” He started to play a song that I was not familiar with, it was simple, only 14 notes repeated in slow succession.

“I'm sorry, I don’t know that one.”

“Do you know how to improvise?”

“kinda.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Good, now just make a song with your heart, don’t think, just let it out.” And with that he started to play the 14 note rift again.

This is what happened next (please forgive me for not making my own or finding a better one, I had about 15 minutes before I had to stop looking)

“Octavia, that was beautiful, who told you that your voice wasn’t good?”

“I never sang as a child, and I never sang as an adult, I didn’t sing in between either, I never let my voice out, I guess I always told myself that.”

“You are a great singer, always remember that.”

“Thank you. Now it’s my turn.”

“Huh?” I took the bow from his hoof.

“Now I play and you sing.”

“But I did sing, and you don’t play bass.”

“Yes and yes, but how hard can it be, I do play cello, and they aren’t very different.” I took the bass neck from him and he sat down.

I warmed myself up to the bass and started to play a simple rift I had been taught long ago. EQ had perked up at the notes I was playing, I didn’t know if he had been taught the same song as a colt or if he was thinking of another song, he answered my thoughts with his singing. It was beautiful. This is what it sounded like.

When we were done he put his head down a little in thought “who’s Delilah?” his head bobbed a little at my question.

“That was a song from where I came from, it was a love song from the artist to his marefriend, Delilah. I don’t know Delilah personally, but it’s a great song.” A small smile crawled onto his face.

“Yeah it is, isn’t it.” the same smile appeared on my face.

“So what now?”

“I don’t know, what do you want to do?”

“I just want to be with you.”

“You’re so sweet. Let’s go check on the kids, who knows what they’re doing up there.” He must have known who I was talking about cus a smirk replaced his smile.

We walked back and on our way we realized that the music had stopped. We wondered if they had gone to sleep or if they were eating or what. Then we feared the worst and sprinted our way to the house. When we found presto sleeping on the couch without vinyl we released all of those thoughts.

“Thank Celestia, anyway, we have a spare bed or I can put a mattress down if you want.”

“No, I’ll be fine sleeping on the ground. Thank you though.” And he curled up next to the couch.

“Good night.” I didn’t like him sleeping on the floor, but he didn’t want the mattress or the bed.

I went to my room and slipped under the covers. The lights were off and it was warm, I wondered why, I hadn’t been in here for the past several hours. It would be cold; I rolled over and came snout to snout with vinyl scratch, her glasses off and her legs wide open. Upon further inspection she had a large amount of sticky wet liquid between her legs. What did she do in my bed? I got up out of my bed and walked to her bed, I slept there that night.

I had a particularly weird dream; it was about EQs song, the one about Delilah. What did it mean, was it his song, did he write it, why was it important? These questions came to my head in waves; I didn’t know what to do. I finally decided to ask him about it the next morning. Then I woke up, I lay in bed for a minute, then realized where I was. I was in Vinyl’s bed, not my own. That’s when I got up and went downstairs. Presto was still asleep, but EQ was nowhere to be found. I looked for him in the kitchen, then the bathrooms, then the bedrooms. Where had he gone?

Author's Note:

dude, where did you go?
EQ: did you say in the next chapter?
me: yeah...
EQ: then i dont need to say anything.
me: fair enough...

PreviousChapters Next