• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,252 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,252

PreviousChapters Next
24. Talking to everypony

I wasn’t going to the shop, I was instead going to the boutique, I hadn’t been there in a while and I wanted to see a certain refined face. I entered and a bell rang out, the same as the first time, I heard a voice call from the back, the same as the first time, and I made sure to use my English accent, the same as the first time.

“One second.” The mare I wanted to see walked from around a corner “*gasp* Dillon! I wasn’t expecting you back. Do you need something, dear” she put on a worried face.

“Oh, I am not in any danger or distress, rarity, I just wanted to talk to somepony and you were the best option.” She smiled so I smiled.

“Oh, well, come back and we can talk for a little, I would need to get back to work at some point, maybe you could help me.”

“I wish I could accept, but you see, I have another job I must attend to at 3:00 so I would have to leave at some point, but I would be more than happy to come back and help another time.” I said cheerily.

“Ah, that would just be divine. Now, what was it that you wanted to talk about? Surely you had something tickling you mind.”

“Actually, no, I just wanted a friendly face to talk to, and your face is extremely friendly, I might add.”

“Why, thank you. I would like it though if you didn’t flatter me for no reason.” She turned her head and blushed.

“Ok, but it is true.” She sat down and I sat next to her.

“Well, thank you, but I must ask, what should we talk about?” she looked at me curiously.

“I actually don’t know, I just came here to kill time before work, I hope that doesn’t sound like I'm using you.”

“Oh, no dear, not at all. But may I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“You said you had the most fashion sense out of your friends, right?” I nodded “then why are you here wearing… that.” She gestured to my clothing.

I looked down and realized I was wearing the same clothes as the day I left earth: a blue shirt with a spade on it, and a pair of worn jeans with a belt. I realized this wasn’t my greatest look, and I was in the presence of a professional fashionista “well, you see… I… the day I left earth, I was going to… um, I… let’s just say I didn’t want to wear anything that could get ruined.”

“Oh, I know exactly how you feel, there was one day that I had to swim in mud, mud, I couldn’t wear anything that day, but it was to be with sweetie bell so I just had to. She is my only little sister.” She gave a thoughtful look.

“I don’t know if you know exactly how I feel.”

“Then please elaborate.”

“Are you sure? You won’t get mad, or try to protect me, or anything?”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” I gave her a questioning look “pinky promise.”

“Oh, I get it, pinky pie promise. Ha-ha. Well, I guess I should get to telling my story.”

“Yes.”

I told her everything I had told twilight, including but not limited to: my childhood, my first college, my second college, when I got back to Maine, and me being suicidal.

“That sounds terrible, I'm so sorry.”

“don’t be, if my parents hadn’t done what they did then I wouldn’t be like I am now, actually when I look at it that way I'm glad they were jerks.”

“But that doesn’t excuse anything they put you through.” She was concerned, the one emotion I didn’t want.

I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 2:30, and I needed to get to work soon “I need to leave, I'm sorry I couldn’t stay and answer questions but I really must get to work. Farewell rarity.”

-----

15 minutes later I had arrived at turners’ workshop, I had recovered from my emotional outpour at rarity’s house and was back to my normal self. Turner arrived a few minutes later “I know I told you to be early, but you don’t need to be this early.”

“Didn’t have anything to do today, so why not?”

“I see, well we should get to work, a close friend of mine had told me you won’t be here tomorrow so we have a lot of work to do.”

“How did you know I was going to ask for tomorrow off?”

“Like I said, a close friend told me, though he wouldn’t tell me why.”

“I kinda have a date.”

“Though its none of my business, may I ask who?”

“Twilight.”

his face turned slightly grim “Son, that’s kinda dangerous, I can understand if you really like her, but if you break her heart she would have the power to destroy this town with one hoof.”

This came to me as a bit of a shock. Twilight was really that powerful? “Well, then I better not disappoint her.”

“Yeah, you can have tomorrow off. I don’t want to die tomorrow, let alone kill all of Ponyville.” He chuckled a little; it was a nervous chuckle, but none the less.

“We should get to work; I don’t want to come back to too much work.”

“Right.” We worked late into the night; I even worked past 8 and stayed till 11 just to finish off some extra clocks so I wouldn’t have to do anything extra when I got back.

I closed the shop and locked it, I then walked back home. I caught myself using that word again, ‘home’ was I really that accepting of this place already? That didn’t matter now; I just wanted to get back to twilight. When I did get back I resisted the urge to yell out ‘honey, I'm home!’ and instead peeked in her room to see that she was fast asleep. I decided not to risk waking her and sleep on the couch. I fell asleep within a few minutes, I had a long day.

Author's Note:

so if Twilight is crushed by you leaving her, ever, then she could distroy ponyville.
Dillon: yep.
me: ... whacha gonna do about it?
Dillon: not break her heart.
me: you say that now, but you might not have a choice.
Dillon: whats that supposed to mean?
me: nothing *whistles inocently*

PreviousChapters Next