• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 797 Comments

Kill Me Now - Golden Script



follow a normal guy as he gets thrown into crazy relationships and crazy worlds. will he be able to survive or will he end up like he started? only time will tell.

  • ...
105
 797
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
19. Computers

The next morning was better than the last. I hadn’t woken up in twilight’s bed, so I could get up without waking her, plus after the first time I'm not sure I want to. But I’ve grown increasingly attached to twilight. I don’t know what it is but she just connects with me. Maybe it’s because she is so smart, maybe I'm just going crazy. But I don’t want to leave her. I just… don’t understand. That’s all.

This morning I got a letter via spike that said that Octavia and vinyl had a date for my first concert; they also sent me some music to learn. I practiced with a towel between the strings as to not wake twilight. When she did finally come down she expressed her gratitude by making breakfast. While she was busy I took the towel out and started to actually play, before it was just to get the finger motions down.

Then a thought came to my mind, how does Octavia play. She had explained who I was playing with and what they played in the letter, and she said she played the cello, how does that work? She doesn’t have fingers. She couldn’t grip the bow or press the strings down. I would have to ask next time I saw her. I played for another 5 minutes until twilight called “breakfast is ready!”

“Be right there.” I put my instrument down and walked to the kitchen.

“I heard you playing, I think it’s beautiful.” She said as I sat down.

“I didn’t pick it out. Octavia did.” This was true, but she had picked out other songs, too.

This was the softest of the group and I thought twilight wouldn’t appreciate it if I played something like that. I would have to find a different time to practice the other more... exotic songs.

“Well, you still played it. So that’s all that counts in my book.” she smiled sweetly.

“Even if the princess picked it out?” I knew how she idolized the princess from how she talks about her.

“If the princess picked it out I would ask you how you got her to do it. She isn’t one to choose sides, especially with music.”

“Heh,” we ate for a few minutes when I thought of something “can I write a letter to her?”

“I don’t see why not, I haven’t been able to get a time to meet her yet so maybe we can talk that way for the time being.” She went to fetch a quill, some parchment, and spike. She came back with the three and set them down from her magical grip.

“Don’t you get annoyed when she does that?”

Spike smirked “you get used to it. What is it that you wanted to write?”

“Well, I just wanted to ask if she could pick some stuff up for me.”

“You want the princess to run errands for you?” twilight asked in disbelief.

“Ok, do you know the way to my old apartment, on my old world, in a dimension that I'm pretty sure nopony can reach but her. I didn’t think so…" I realized how that sounded a little too late "sorry, I just… sorry.”

“Oh, I didn’t know you were talking about your world. I didn’t mean anything.”

“Back to the letter, got anything for something like that, spike?”

“What do you need?”

I looked up in thought “my iPod, my laptop, my external hard drive, and if possible some form of internet access.” I looked back to them and saw their looks of confusion “just write it down, she should understand.” Spike did and sent the letter. Only a few minutes later a package arrived at the door marked ‘for Dillon’

“Ok, even for the princess, that was fast.” Twilight opened the box to reveal a laptop, an iPod, and my external hard drive, along with a small box with an on/off switch “I assume you know what all this stuff is.”

“most of it,” I pulled out my iPod “this is my iPod,” I pulled out my laptop “this is my laptop, this is what I was designing and speaking of now I can work on it more efficiently,” then I pulled out my external hard drive “and this is my external hard drive. That last box is new.” I picked it up to reveal a letter under it.

Spike plucked it out of the box and read off “I thought you might want these sooner or later so I sagged them two nights ago. I did take your safe but that was too big to fit through simple shipping, so I'm having it be delivered to twilight’s tree house. I wish you all the most of luck. Celestia. again, wow.”

I took the letter from the dragons’ hands “she has my safe?!?”

“You had a safe?” twilight knew about safes, but those were mostly used for saving large amounts of money or precious things, not for personal use.

“Yes I did, and it holds my most precious memories.” I hope it got here soon.

“Well, let’s see what exactly is on here.” Spike was on the couch and he opened the laptop to see a small square in the middle of the screen “what’s this?”

I took the laptop from him and typed in a few keys and the laptop opened up to window 7 start screen. There was another password lock here. I typed in the second password and the desktop opened up. On the desktop I had a ton of crap, it was really disorganized, but that’s how I lived. I just didn’t care. I had everything from Skype to internet explorer to my DJ system. “wait.” I put the laptop back on the table and walked over to the box. I moved all of the packing peanuts to uncover my headset, this was my baby, it cost a ton, and it had great bass.

“Oooooo, what does this do?” spike moved the mouse over to a folder named music. Clicked on it and opened a file called wub-wub. The speakers were kinda crappy so the sound didn’t come out quite right. So I went ahead and plugged the headset in and stuck it on spikes ears, he listened for a minute to the constant ‘wub wub wub’ of the speakers and then took it off “what in Equestria was that?”

“That was a wub-wub noise. I use it when I need that kind of sound.” I smirked as he put the headphones back on and started clicking on different songs. I pulled one headphone off “don’t scratch anything or I will kill you, this thing is my baby.”

The little dragon gulped at the big humans’ threat, completely forgetting that he can breathe fire and defend himself “Y-yes sir.”

Author's Note:

would you really kill spike if he damaged your laptop?
Dillon: of course, like I said, it's my baby.
me: you realize how pissed Twilight would get, right?
Dillon: O_o well in that case i would probably just scold him, but don't tell him that.
me: suuuuuuuurre... HEY SPIKE!

PreviousChapters Next