• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 2,366 Views, 19 Comments

Brony Vs. Pony - TheNewYorkBrony



Pinkie one day decides to show up at my house. And now she expects me to let her help me? Yeah, right.

  • ...
8
 19
 2,366

Keep Not So Calm And Flutter On

When I woke up, I woke up to the smell of bacon. My mom usually leaves early but never really cooks before she leaves so I went to investigate. Turns out it was Rarity cooking breakfast. Pinkie was sitting in front of the tv watching some stupid cartoon, and Applejack was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. “Mornin’ sugarcube!” She greeted me.

“Hey AJ.” I said. “You guys got up early?”

She nodded then gestured to Pinkie. “She woke us up with her singing. Didn’t you hear her?”

I shook my head. “No. I’m a heavy sleeper.” And thank god I was because I wouldn’t be able to take it. Just then, my stomach grumbled.

“Oh darling, are you hungry?” Rarity asks me, putting a plate in front of me as I sit down at the table with Applejack.

“Yeah.” I responded, looking hungrily at the stack of pancakes in front of me. She gave me a fork and I began to eat.

“So how are we gonna go about finding the other girls?” Applejack asks.

“I don’t know. We could start with the library. We might find Twilight there. Not too sure where we could find Fluttershy and Dash though.” I told her, chewing on a piece of pancake.

“Can we talk about this later? I’m trying to watch cartoons!” Pinkie shouted, turning around to glare at us.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She’s the one who dragged me into this. She should be the one come up with suggestions, Not me.

Freaking Pinkie.

Rarity rolls her eyes before speaking. “I wish we could just call them and ask them where they are! If only there was some type of device that would let us talk to them without having to leave!” She said thoughtfully.

“You mean, a cell phone?” I asked, amused.

“A what? What in tarnation is that?!” Applejack asks.

“What Rarity just described. It’s something like that.” I explained, pulling out my Samsung Galaxy 4. I handed it to Rarity and she weighed it in her hands.

“So, this little...device. It can call anyone?” She asks, eyeing my Wonder Woman AJ backgound.

“That’s correct.” I say.

“Lemme see that.” AJ says. She takes the phone from Rarity and looks at it. “Huh. Is that supposed ta be me?” She asks, pointing to my wallpaper.

I start to feel the back of my ears burn. “Uh, yeah.”

She shrugs. “Can’t say Ah don’t like it.”

I sigh in relief as she put it back down on the table. “Calling them would definitely make things easier but since I know they are all just as clueless as you guys were a few minutes ago so I doubt they have a cell phone.”

“Why don’t we put up fliers?” Pinkie suggests, finally removing herself from in front of the TV. I don't know when she decided to help but I’m glad she did.

“Like, missing person posters?” I ask.

“Not really. We could say you lost your dog Sophie and put posters up all over town. We can find Fluttershy that way!” She says.

“H-How did you know I have a dog named Sophie?!” I ask.

“Just a hunch.” She shrugs.

A hunch my ass! Her fourth wall breaking is freaking me the heck out!

“How’re we gonna do that?” Applejack asks.

“Simple. We put up posters, let Sophie off her leash while following close behind, hope for the best and BAM! Instant Fluttershy!”

“You’re insane!” I tell her.

“No, I’m Pinkie!” She says, smiling.

I want to smack her so badly but Rarity puts a hand on my shoulder, the other one pressed up to her temple in annoyance.

“Just ignore her deery, she’s not quite right in the head.” She reassures me. Though I don't think that was quite reassuring.

I sigh. “Alright. Just let me get dressed and we can go ahead with your stupid plan.” Pinkie squees and I mush her in her face. It’s too early for this.

After getting ready and finishing my pancakes, we get my dog and held out, but not before making the fake missing dog posters.

After looking for the perfect spot and putting up posters,we let Sophie off her leash. As expected she wandered off, and we followed close behind. She walked about three blocks, before a girl who looked strangely familiar came into view.

She had willowy light pink hair, and a frail, delicate looking body. She looked to be about two years older than me, about my height, and she shrunk as she walked down the street with her backpack close to her.

She looks up to see the lost dog poster we posted earlier and gasps. “A lost dog? Oh my, that’s terrible!” she said, her voice barely normal volume.

Sophie walked up to her and sniffed her as me, Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ waited behind a fence keeping watch. “Oh hello little one. Where is your owner?” Sophie tilted her head as if she didn’t understand the question, and wagged her tail. “Oh, you have no collar. Oh poor thing. Your owner must be so worried about you.” The girl reached out and petted Sophie, earning her a welcoming bark.

She looked up at the poster then looked down at Sophie. “O-Oh my. You’re the missing dog.” She said, looking around. She scooped her up, and continued walking, looking like she was hoping no one thought she was stealing her.

I saw it as my and AJ’s cue to step out. “Hey Fl- I mean, girl I’ve never met before!” I yell.

“Nice save.” Applejack says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

I ignore her.

The girl stammers, “W-Who? M-Me?”

“Yes you! I’m so glad you found my dog! We were looking all over for her. Right, Applejack?” I ask.

“Yep. Sure was.” She agreed.

“Your name is Applejack?” The girl asks.

“Yeah. Why?”

“I used to have a friend named Applejack back when I was a po- Oh! That would sound just silly!” She said, stopping herself.

I grin. “Were you about to say a ‘pony’?” I ask.

“Y- Yes b-but I d-didn't think you would believe me!”

“Of course we would Fluttershy! Why wouldn’t we?!” Pinkie bubbles.

“P-Pinkie Pie?!” Fluttershy stutters.

“Oh Fluttershy, it’s so nice to see you again, darling!” Rarity calls as she too steps out from the shadows.

“R-Rarity?” Fluttershy was utterly confused. I wouldn’t blame her. I’d be confused as all hell too if I were a pony that somehow got turned into a human and then suddenly happened to come upon her friends.

She had put Sophie down by now, and was staring at all of us in disbelief. “I- I-” Poor girl couldn’t even get the sentence out before she fainted.

“Well, that went well.” I mumbled under my breath.

Author's Note:

sorry this took so long. I've been busy. Looking back on this story as the first MLP story I ever wrote it feels a bit...cringe worthy. Whatever. Hope you guys liked it.

Comments ( 4 )

*becomes moderator on Sylph's profile, comes on to see a story I've never seen before* Huh, well, looks like I have a few new chapters to read.
Yep, all-in-all, this is a pretty interesting story!
~Sylpheed and Eli

I just now realized how appropriate it would be for AJ to dress up as Wonder Woman. :rainbowderp:
Both are strong, use lassos, and are big on honesty.

4111326 Ronnie is me, so yeah girl. Also Ronnie is short for Veronica too

Login or register to comment