• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 2,517 Views, 32 Comments

The Mask Goes To Equestria - Arctic



The Mask goes to Equestria lets watch the chaos ensue

  • ...
8
 32
 2,517

Twilight's Intriguing Find

Twilight was walking through the small town of Ponyville. It was a peaceful day, nothing trying to kill her or her friends, no demons from Tartarus trying to take over the world, and most importantly no crazed gods trying to cause chaos. Or so she thought. She continued to walk through town, running errands, bumping into a few of friends, and getting some food. Nothing out of the ordinary, until she got home.

"Spike, I'm home." Twilight bellowed into the hollowed-out tree she called home.

"I'm upstairs Twilight. Come up here I found something really cool."

"What is it?" Twilight asked the young dragon as she trotted up the stairs toward his voice.

"I don't know really. It looks like some kind of mask." Spike described while scratching his head.

"Here, let me see." Twilight said as she opened the door to Spike's/her room.

"Sure." Spike handed the mask over for Twilight to inspect. She looked over it. It was certainly a mask of some kind, but defiantly not for ponies. The front was to flat, maybe it was for Diamond dogs. She'd have more time think on it later for now she had a date to get to.

It wasn't much, just a blind date with some Stallion. She didn't expect it to go well, let alone like it, but Rarity had insisted. So she got herself all prettied up and trotted out the door towards her date, thinking as she usually did. Okay so I know that I'm on a blind date. Rarity told me for sure that my date wasn't a dirt bag, but knowing Rarity she'd probably tell her that and send a man-whore cause she couldn't tell the difference but she got there and to her surprise he was actually a stallion.

She walked up to the stallion. "Hello I'm Twilight Sparkle, your blind date for the evening."

He picked up her right for-hoof and kissed it gently. "Hi, and I'm Barney." Well what'd ya know. Rarity can be trusted sometimes He was a tan stallion with a short-cut blonde mane and a jet black suit with a stripped tie. "Shall we go Inside."

"Well aren't we the gentlecolt." I think this date is going to go better than expected and the two headed inside.

They got to their booth and sat down waiting for their menus. A few minutes of mindless chatting later and their menus arrived, and the waitress asked for their drink orders while give Barney the death glare.

"I'll just have a hard cider."

"I'll take some scotch." The waitress trotted away with the two's drink orders, leaving Barney's mouth on the floor.

"Really? Wow, I did not see this one coming. I thought a bookish looking mare like you would just have water or something weak like that, but scotch I did not see coming."

"Well that just goes to show you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover." Barney was giving Twilight the 'Really' look. "Now you know why I need that scotch."

"Yea really." Barney said with a role of his eyes.

"So how do you know Rarity?" Twilight asked trying not to let the date die.

"Oh, she's my tailor. She doe's all my suits for me, and let me tell you she is great."

"You usually wear suits?"

"Yep. Twenty-four seven."

"Well isn't that interesting. I've never met anypony that wears clothes regularly. Does it feel weird."

"Not really. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's legen-wait for it-dary." that's when their drinks arrived.

Oh thank Celestia I need this

I sure hope this beer helps her look better, maybe I should have gottin' scotch

They smiled into their glasses as they drank. They both finished their drinks and were ordering their second round when Twilight felt the need to use the bathroom.

"Barney I'll be right back just have to powder my nose."

"Okay I'll be right here."

Twilight pulled herself out of the booth and trotted over to the mare room not noticing Barney scampering out of the booth and out of the bar.

After Twilight finished her business she decided to actually powder her nose, so she reached into her saddle bag and found something she didn't expect. The mask, I don't remember putting this in here it had somehow reshaped itself to fit on a pony's face. "I thought I sensed some kind of magic on this thing." She picked the mask out of her saddle bag and held it in front of her her face for further inspection. She turned and flipped the mask to try and get a view from all angels, but out of nowhere she felt the need to put it on. What harm could it do I can just take it off after and get back to my date. So she decided she would put it on.

She slowly levitated the mask toward her face when it jumped out of her magical grasp and onto her head, where it stretched to cover the entirety of her head and mane. She tried furiously to get the mask of but couldn't get it to budge, and that's when she turned into a tornado of randomness that would make Discord proud. After bouncing around the bathroom for half a minute the tornado suddenly stopped leaving Twilight with her head completely covered by the green mask wearing a yellow tail coat with black pin stripes, and a matching yellow hat with a huge feather coming out one side.

She trotted over to the mirror and looked herself over. "Somepony looks FABULOUS."

Comments ( 32 )

Story looks interesting... But im not gonna judge if its bad or good yet

Oh my Celestia, this is hilarious! *rolls on floor laughing* this is funny! you sir have my approval yet again. here are some ponies: :ajsmug::coolphoto::heart::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::rainbowkiss::raritystarry::raritywink::scootangel::twilightsmile::yay: keep it up!

Nice How I met your mother reference in the chapter. Could've done with the obligatory musical number though,

More how I met your mother references

Dramaro

I'm going to hide in my bunker for now...

Funny thing is, if worn by Pinkie, the Mask would be powerless. It is dependent on the wearer's personality. SInce Pinkie is already Mask-level random, the Mask itself doesn't have much to contribute. Same thing happened to Stanley in the Mask cartoon...

why did you have to remind me of the bastardisation that was the son of the mask.

its an insult to norse mythology and to greek mythology.

the two coolest mythologies in ancient history!

Hmm... you could use some work in grammar, that's for sure, and pacing as well, but all in all, not that bad. I'll watch this, just to see how it goes.

May I create a cover for you

2084293
You know I'd love that :pinkiehappy:

2084320 okay I'll work on it tonight you should have it close to midnight or tomorrow

Oden took the Mask back up to Olympus -_- do your homework

2087598
I know it went to Asgard I just wanted to troll people :rainbowwild:

2088314
Whaaat I fixed it :derpytongue2:

:rainbowderp: You gave Twilight Sparkle, the biggest bundle of nerves in Equestria, and ancient mystical mask that gives the wearer god like powers and completely shatters their inhibitions...... seems legit.:pinkiehappy:

Ted Trotsby: Unfortunately, foals, your Uncle Barney had no idea what he was getting into when he agreed to go on a blind date with his tailor's friend...

This is hilarious

Please tell me we get to see Pinkie Pie wear the mask later on in the story - that would be EPIC beyond scale! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

2101397
Trust me you'll get to see it :trollestia:

Keep it coming. How about this Pinkie Pie vs Mask Twilight.:derpytongue2:

I watch HIMYM every week. Barney in Equestria will cause all sorts of problems, without the mask needing to get involved.

2136792
This is a true statement. In fact I think it's so true I might right a HIMYM crossover some time in the future encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEwNUEGfEZ9IfsjQsjvEBxRVidiT2swo-zN4cLti0fnYplB0gy

2136932 Dear Celestia.
I can see it now. How I Met Your My Little Pony or HIMYMLP.

2087598
Olympus is Greek mythology.
He took it to Asgard, which is Norse mythology like Loki and Odin

I have a strange feeling that the spirit of The Mask and Discord are gonna be partners in chaos.

2136932 next chapter please

Login or register to comment