• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 2,744 Views, 118 Comments

With a Shine in His Eyes - Kotushk Fier



Join Novalis as his world expands in the sequel to the somewhat loved story, Nocturnality.

  • ...
2
 118
 2,744

A Punch to the Heart, and a Pinch to the Soul

Vinyl's private concert left my head pleasantly buzzing. After playing a few hours, she ended the show with a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, and exited her podium with a flourish. As the music died away, I let out a slight yawn, and stood up as she came near me.

"Vinyl, that was magnificent. Of all the ponies who dabble in this new age of music, you are by far the most talented!"

A small blush came to her cheeks at my praise, and she shuffled her hooves for a moment before replying.

"Thank you, Novalis. I tried to make this show extra special. I am so glad you enjoyed it."

I stifled another yawn, and her eyes widened slightly.

"Oh! I'm sorry for keeping you up so late. Would you like some coffee, or do you wish to be off to sleep?"

"Coffee sounds great. I am used to staying up long nights, and I can catch up on sleep later. I still have business to attend to for the day."

With a nod, Vinyl walked past me towards her kitchen to brew some of the bitter drink. As she sashayed past me, her tail rose slightly and lightly whipped my face. An obvious sign of attraction for a mare, my eyes widened and I did my best to ignore it. I turned as she left and noticed she was swaying her hips far more than necessary, another sign she was attracted to and trying to entice me. I turned away to hide the blush I felt creeping on my cheeks. Once she left I hurried to her bathroom and splashed cold water on my face.

Ten minutes later found both of us with a mug of coffee in her living room. I was listening as she talked about her childhood, but was finding it difficult to focus properly. She was displaying the signs of her infatuation clearly, and I couldn't help but admire her physical charms. Her electric blue mane and tail stood out starkly against her snow white coat, and both colors served to accentuate her scarlet eyes beautifully. Her flanks were well rounded and voluptuous, and kept drawing my eye to her Cutie Marks. All in all, she was an incredibly beautiful mare, and any stallion would be lucky to catch her attention. My heart was set on Luna, though. I did not know if I could love another mare, or love another fairly, even. And besides, Luna may not like the idea of a herd, even if she did accept me as a lover, and there was no way I would jeopardize my relationship with her.

"Hey bud, see anything you like?"

I snapped to attention guiltily as I realized she had stopped talking while I was admiring her charms. I gulped the rest of my scalding coffee both in attempt to hide my shame and hoping the burn would clear my head.

"Aha, sorry Vinyl. I, umm, I think I should be going. I have a busy day today, after all."

"Oh? You could stay here a bit longer. I would make sure your day was still... busy."

Her voice dropped a bit, and a tinge of heat entered her voice on the last word. I gulped and peeked over my cup to see her eyes were half lidded. She had a small, sexy smile on her face as she glance demurely over my body.

"Ah... Um, I still have a friend to meet. Perhaps we can hang out later, or something."

Her eyes traveled to my face and her smile widened slightly.

"I will take you up on that at another time, Novalis."

Heavy weight on the words caused me to involuntarily shiver. I didn't quite know what she may have been planning, but the desire in her eyes gave me more than an inkling of an idea. I forced a smile and hopped off her couch, heading for the front door.

"Ah yes, well, thank you for being most hospitable. I should be, uh, going now. I will talk to you later. Bye bye for now!"

Without waiting for her response, and to avoid hearing the intoxicating honey of her voice, I quickly exited her house and trotted quickly away. I glanced behind me and saw her leaning against her door frame, and her eyes were following my every move. I could feel her desire burning into me, and had to fight to keep myself from dashing back to her home. This was... a very interesting way to start my second day in Ponyville.



As I walked aimlessly through town, I fought to clear my mind and control my hormones. Vinyl's forthright display not only caught me off guard, but it was obvious she was skilled with her seductive traits. It took me the better part of an hour to finally calm myself to the point that I wouldn't stammer and sputter when I tried to talk.

After I calmed down, I began to walk in a more orderly direction. There was another friend of mine I had to see, and I wasn't a pony to leave my friendships to be dealt with later. After a short walk through town, I arrived outside of the red brick home of one Miss Berry Punch. I knocked on the door and was startled when a small fuchsia blur ran around the side of the house. It stopped upon noticing me, and I found a cute filly staring cautiously at me. I smiled gently to her as I spoke.

"Ah, hello there. My name is Novalis. I would assume you are Berry Pinch? If so, is your mother at home right now?"

A large smile broke out on her face and the next thing I knew, I had a small filly hanging from my neck who was talking very quickly and excitedly.

"Oh, you're Novalis who my mother told me all about who is going to be my new best friend, yay!"

"Whoa there, haha, calm down now."

She dropped from my neck and with a large smile ran back around the house. With a grin of my own, I followed her around to the back yard, where I found Berry Punch on a large kitchen cloth, apparently having a small picnic. Upon seeing me, she quickly stood up and trotted over to me.

"Hello, Novalis, how are you? I do hope you've been doing well, as I haven't heard from you in awhile."

I winced inwardly at her apathetic tone. She seemed detached, watching Pinch playing in the field and chasing a butterfly.

"I am sorry about that, Miss Punch. I have no excuse for my lack of communication. I do hope you would forgive me. I will be keeping in better contact in the future, I promise."

Berry sized me up for a bit before cracking a large smile.

"Ah, it is wonderful to hear such good manners from a young colt such as yourself. Too often are apologies butchered and shortened. I accept your apology and forgive you. I do apologize, but we don't have a lot left of the picnic. I didn't count on anyone showing up."

"That's quite alright, Berry. I'm not hungry any-"

At this point my body decided to protest my claims with a very loud rumble. I coughed lightly and grinned abashedly.

"Ahem, well, forget that, apparently my stomach has its own opinions now."

Berry giggled lightly, and I found myself looking away and blushing. Her giggle was young and cute, and I could feel heat rising in me.

"If you'll wait here and keep Pinch occupied, I will go inside and whip something quick up."

"Are you sure you want to leave me alone with your young filly, Miss Punch? You only knew me for a couple days, before."

"Oh Novalis, I trust you, and I know you're a good colt. Besides, if you ever harmed her, you would find that there are many things hidden in my cellar besides wine bottles."

I gulped as I watched her trot back into her home. That was a very scary statement, indeed.

Turning around, I noticed that Pinch was standing a few yards away, watching our exchange. When her mother vanished into the house, she smiled widely, and pounced on me with an adorable squeak.

"Yay! Mommy is going to let us play! Follow me, follow me, I have a place I want you to see!"

Jumping off of me, she dashed towards a large tree near the end of the yard. Curious, I followed her to it, and was amazed at what I found. Pinch had shoved a sizable rock aside at the base of the tree, revealing a fairly large tunnel which had roots hanging from the ceiling. She dashed inside when I came close, and I decided to follow her in.

The tunnel went quite a distance, and without any interior light sources, it was pitch black. I had to rely on my hearing, following Pinch's series of cute giggles and calls, until I entered a large cavern. At the top of this room, a large hole let sunlight filter through, and I took a good look around me.

Pinch had obviously spruced the place up herself. There were rocks of various sizes strewn about the room, serving many different functions. Some were chairs, and had stuffed toys on them, while the larger rocks were used as tables. Pinch stood in the middle, looking at me expectantly.

"Wow, Pinch, this is quite the place you have here. How did you find it?"

"Mommy was letting me play outside one day and I lifted that rock to look for crawlies. I found the tunnel, but it was too dark for me, and I was too scared to go in at first. But when I did come through I made this place my new playground. Do you like it?"

"It is quite the place, indeed. I feel honored you would show me."

Pinch giggled and started bouncing around the room, pointing out various features. She also taught me the names of her stuffed toys, and pointed out that her favorite was a large stuffed bear she had named Tibbers. After awhile, I decided we should go back so her mother wasn't worried about her, or worse, think I had done something wrong. We made our way back through the tunnel, and I helped levitate the rock when Pinch strained against it. I also made the rock lighter by hollowing it out with magic, so she wouldn't strain herself with it in the future.

Trotting lightly after Pinch, we arrived at the picnic placement just in time for Punch to walk outside with new refreshments.