• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 5,815 Views, 440 Comments

Ponemurdered - The Gentlecolt



14 authors, one story. I foresee precisely zero problems.

  • ...
43
 440
 5,815

Chapter V: Ponemurder Hard [Ninestempest]

Twilight let out a final sigh, her eyes returning to their usually violet state. Her energy fading with her energized state, she set down her pair of chainsaws on either side, not worrying about the rain causing them any issues. She took one glance at the white unicorn’s body before her, and sighed. One pony down... she thought. With a flash of her horn, she pulled a bit of what looked like star-shaped stone from one half of the DJ’s corpse. How these things have so much power, I will never understand. With a blink of her horn’s light, she vanished from the scene, clones dissipated, chainsaws and star all traveling through the teleport with her.

She reappeared in Celestia’s throne room, though it was every bit as dark as the city had been. Twilight couldn’t see the marble floor, the crimson carpet, nor the throne itself. She saw darkness, and heard the pattering of rain against every wall, echoing out even through the stone.

Without warning, a pair of eyes lit up in the blackness, revealing nothing but themselves. Twilight only nodded at them, and she hovered the stone over to the eyes. Another source of light, a long, slender, white unicorn horn lighting with a yellow glow, then took hold over the stone.

“You’ve done well, my student,” the monarch stated.

“Thank you, Princess Celestia. It was my duty.” Twilight bowed.

“No need to be so formal, Twilight,” Celestia said. “And there’s no need to hide your emotions over the subject.”

“I... I am not troubled in the least.”

Suddenly, two torches in the middle of the room lit up, revealing their immediate vicinity. Then, every torch well in the room was emitting light, and the room was lit up so brightly that only the light of the sun may have compared. Twilight looked up to her mentor with an energetic fervor. There was no mistaking the visage of Princess Celestia, ivory fur and flowing, four-colored mane.

Celestia stepped off of her throne, making for the lavender unicorn. “You are lying to me,” she stated.

Twilight nodded, but gulped. “I... yes. Yes, something about what I did was... almost pleasing. Retrieving the star, overcoming her in the fight, seeing her body on the ground. I felt.. oddly satisfied in a way that I don’t think I should have been.”

“I am just glad you were successful in your mission, Twilight Sparkle.” When she reached Twilight, she leaned down, nuzzling the side of her neck, causing electric shivers to go up her student’s spine. “But I only wish you would be more cautious. I promise you, it would not be an issue to send--”

“It’s okay, Celestia.” Twilight looked up to Celestia with a focused gaze. “I have to do this, for peace. For Equestria. For...” she blushed. “For you.”

Celestia silenced her student with a kiss. Twilight felt like she could jump through the ceiling and all the way into space. When Celestia pulled back, she said, “I know.”

-----

In the first light of morning, Twilight arrived at her destination. Despite spending the last several hours not-talking with Celestia in her quarters, she knew her target, and despite spending the last several hours not sleeping in her quarters, she was wide awake. The enchantment Celestia had taught her had proved immensely useful. It cleansed her mind of emotions, removing all hesitation, and made her immensely powerful, her faded, pure white eyes only serving to intimidate. At her side, two chainsaws hovered in her telepathic grasp. She figured they were powerful enough weapons, and very easy to use. Just ram stuff with the moving bits.

What she stood in front of was an old, abandoned building in a remote part of the city. An old opera house. And Twilight knew it was where the next star was being housed. And she knew who was holding it.

Octavia.

Twilight walked straight into the building, ready for anything.

She was greeted with a dimly lit lobby, with brown wooden walls and a vivid red carpet. Everything looked like it had a layer of dust over it, as if no one had been there in months. She walked through another set of doors and into the symphony hall.

Rows upon rows of seats as well as a few balconies made up the audience’s places to sit, and the stage was empty, sans for one gray mare, standing with her cello and playing a piece all by her lonesome.

“Your time has come, Octavia,” Twilight called out, walking down an aisle towards the stage, both chainsaws in her telepathic grasp. “The afterlife beckons!”

She looked down at the unicorn with disdain. “You don’t understand...” She lifted her bow away from her cello, whipping it out, where somehow, a blade shot out of it as if it were a switch blade, just as long as the bow itself. Her other hoof moved from the neck of the instrument to behind it, and she held it infront of herself like it were a shield. “This power is immense. With it, I can change this country. Change the way it has been ruled for the last thousand years. This power was given to me for a reason, and you won’t take it away from me.”

Twilight climbed up the stairs, now standing on the stage. “I don’t intend to take it away from you, I intend to kill you.” She leapt forward, lifting one chainsaw in front of her head, like it was an extension of her horn. She swung it and her head in perfect synchronization, the spinning saw blades hitting Octavia’s cello, but instead of the wood blistering and shattering as she sliced through it, it was held strong, the saw making sparks fly.

Twilight didn’t have time to register why her attack had failed before she saw Octavia swinging her instrument’s bow at her, like some kind of unholy halberd. She only had time to swing her second saw and deflect the swing, and jump back from the crazed mare. So... it’s like a sword and shield? It was a fighting style she was familiar with, but one that was also very powerful. While two weapons could definitely handle one weapon, long or short or sharp or blunt, the shield itself could stop everything if she didn’t play her cards right.

Octavia started walking towards her. “This power isn’t just for me,” she said. “I can make its influence fall over anything. So I made my cello and its bow part of me.” Each step was careful and precise, her bow and cello resting on her back like the weapons of a knight. “You won’t defeat me.”

Twilight jumped forward again. She swung both chainsaws this time, and all Octavia did was duck. They collided with the cello, and once again met it, but did not pierce it. Her momentum carried her past the musician and she landed with a slide. Octavia then took the offensive, her bow-sword in her mouth, and her cello still on her back. She ran at Twilight and took a swing of her own, Twilight just able to jump over it on her own, barely able to handle her speed. Mid-jump, she tried to lift the cello off of Octavia’s back. As she reached out to grab it, she felt a sudden force interfere with her magic, instantly cancelling all of her own currently working spell. Her chainsaws dropped, and the mare lost all sense of balance out of surprise, landing unceremoniously on her rump.

She turned to see Octavia destroyed each chainsaw, the bow-sword cutting through their motors like they were butter. “I said you couldn’t win,” Octavia said. “Though I heard your fight with Vinyl was glorious, I had hoped for more of a challenge.” Twilight bared her teeth, but knew she was defenseless. Wishing she had taken up her brother’s previous offers at learning his shielding magic, she sat defeated. While the spell meant to empower her robbed her of the emotions that may have caused her to feel scared, angry, or sad, she was disappointed that she’d never see Celestia again, or—”

There was a crash from the roof. Both mares looked up to see a figure jumping down through a hole in the ceiling, a mare of some kind, though Twilight could make out no details. When she landed, some type of shockwave rose up around her, expanding over the stage and throwing only Octavia into the audience seats, somehow not making Twilight move an inch.

Twilight looked back at the mare, finally recognizing her in the light from the hole in the ceiling. She reached up with a hoof to call out to her, but somehow couldn’t say a word. More of Octavia’s magic? Why does the star give an earth pony magic? Twilight got up to make her way towards the mare, but she suddenly felt a jab of pain through her flanks. She fell down with a scream. She didn’t get a good look, but she had some idea of what she was feeling. Octavia’s weapon was now impaled through her flanks. She couldn’t move them, the muscle too badly damaged, but she screamed again when Octavia somehow pulled out her weapon, the bow-sword flying back into her hoof as if she had levitated it back to her.

“Twilight!” Called a voice. She looked up to see her friend running over. One of her best friends from Ponyville had come to save her, and was somehow as powerful as either her or Octavia.
“You... you have to...” Twilight coughed, and she knew she was about to lose consciousness. She had to tell her. “The... ponemurdered.”

Her friend nodded. Twilight coughed again, and then became somehow intensely aware of the pain in her legs. She yelped, holding back a scream. Her enchantment had passed, and the sudden shock of the wound in her legs made her pass out.

Author's Note:

Ninestempommentary: This was the silliest thing I've ever done on the internet probably. I have not yet had to do a fight scene in any fic I've written for Pony so far, so I kind of wanted to do a showdown thing, keeping up what Alex did for the lulz. I love Vinyl Scratch, so I figured WELL I MAY AS WELL PROCEED WITH MORE MUSIC OR SOMETHING! And then this happened. I'm proud of this is all I can say.