• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 1,472 Views, 25 Comments

Something Small and Fuzzy - Lolsternater



The cute and angry can only get cuter. Add Discord to the mix and you've got on hell of a party.

  • ...
17
 25
 1,472

I'm Blue

Quick Author Note

Wow, its been a while since I wrote this in a short burst of creativity. Upon looking back at the previous chapter to refresh myself, I realized how terribly written and bad it is... wow... go me.
Anyway, I'm back on this story (for however long that lasts) with vastly improved writing and grammar (on the most part), so here's hoping this chapter was worth the wait. Or not.

^\/^\/^\/^
The Next Morning
^\/^\/^\/^

Despite being a once all-powerful-maddened-god-of-all-things-nutty, Discord had the taste of well organized living space and simple yet comfortable surroundings. His house was to those measures, simple, comfy, and somewhat isolated. It was hidden a few miles along the Everfree's forest line from Fluttershys cottage and far out of sight from any traveling roads, for passerby's own protection as well as Discords since not everyone agreed with him being back.

It had a small perimeter, limited to about four or five rooms plus broom closet, but a above average height so the home-owner could stretch without smacking his head, painted white. A small oddity was the roof always reflected the colour of the sky, red in the dawns and dusk's, blue midday, and black at night. A another not-so-small oddity was the garden around the house.

As his nature would have it, Discord couldn't have everything orderly, so the garden took the blunt of his grasping imagination. To anyone looking it, it would appear to be a sugar-coated joy-land, with candy-canes and chocolate marsh-mellow fountains but within it were various interesting sights that will become familiar to us later.

In the house at this current time our favorite nut-job was beginning the day with a nutritious and healthy breakfast of organic cola, inflated phosphate groups, and a colour bowl of Lucky Charms; freshly obtained from a nice man in a red cloak and hat.

The birds were chirping, backwards and in monotone, the sun was shining while wearing some snazzy looking sunglasses, and all was good in the world. Discord could tell his particular day might just be a great one as he sat in his normal, but favorite, lazy-boy.

Yes, with happy energy and hunger he dug into his breakfast, enjoying the day ahead. Then his visitor started screaming and it all came crashing down.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOHHHHHHHH GOD! WHAT AM I?! WH-WHERE IS THIS?! WHY- OH GOD MY HANDS! MY HAAAANDS!!"

Discord simply slide down his chair, his food forgotten about and instead breaking out the big stuff, a glass of orange juice. There was no way he could survive this day sober.

Before he could enjoy a sip, the door to the broom closet slowly opened, a small creature holding the handle down with its weight as it hanged in the air. The little creature dropped to the floor, panic and fear evident on its face, then tried to move in search of an exit. It instead made the floor a kiss, which would of been cute in any other situation, before standing again and cursing at its feet.

We all know who it is however, our dear friend Brian. No longer the tall sensible mild-mannered human he was, but instead small and fuzzy with blue, which reflected his emotions nicely.

"O-Oh no, please, just no. Anything but this," Brian gazed glassy eyed at his lucky rabbit feet, "I've turned into, into, a what, a WHAT?!"

"Well from what I understood from your friends Nintendo," Discord calmly noted from his seat, "You are the Pokemon Minun. A electric type who likes long walks in the park and sticks closely with your opposite, Plusle."

Brian had never seen a draconequus before, so the figure of a Mister Potato-Head gone wrong sitting before him was of course quite the shock. Lucky for Discord, he always had some ear plugs nearby, so the constant high-pitched sound-waves assaulting him were stopped at the moat.

However, Discord wasn't the patient sort, despite his involuntary practice, and couldn't keep his calm for long.

"Hey. Hey, you can stop that now. Hey! HEY!" A snap of his fingers/claws/paws and Brian's very mouth disappeared along with his scream. "Thank you, I like a captive audience when I talk. A pleasure to meet you, Brian, I am Discord, the great spirit of chaos! Or I was, until Celestia came along with the 'elements of harmony' and brain-washed me. Don't tell the Fluttershy that, though, I can't stand to she her sad."

Despite Discords truly magnificent introduction, Brian had decided to not listen to important information that would probably be very important and took off, as fast as one can take themselves while pretty much half dragging half rolling around, out the door, through the rather interesting garden, and down the yellow brick road; completely missing the musical and leaving a bunch of short squeaky sounding... things... feeling rejected.

^\/^\/^\/^
And across the on the other side of the area this story covers
^\/^\/^\/^

"Spike!" A newly winged purple pony with a purple bone poking through its forehead shouted, "I'm off to visit Fluttershy for a while. Can you keep an eye on the library for me?"

All she got in return was snoring and a short grumble. Well, it was a Sunday. Giving herself a short chuckle, she headed away from her home and workplace to visit her dear friend. It would of been nice to get together with all of her friends, but Applejack had taken her family as well as Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash down to Appleloosa for a catch up with Braeburn and Little Strongheart, and Rarity had gone on one of parents infamous holidays with Sweetie Belle for family bonding.

So that left Fluttershy, who was always in need of a helping hoof. While walking down one of Ponyvilles many streets, the unicorn (oops, Alicorn princess) known as Twilight Sparkle noticed a lonely and bored looking filly sulking out of Sugarcube Corner, the one stop shop for all thing sugary and teeth dissolving.

Twilight quickly approached, an idea with details of a beginning, motive behind the action, the consequence of said action, and the benefit equally shared amongst the party of individuals involved at the conclusion.

"Hello Scootaloo! How are you today?"

The orange filly clocked out of her sour mood and grinned up at her newest princess and very proud of friend. "Twilight! Hey, what's up? I'm just, you know, chilling, doing things Rainbow Dash would do. She'd go to Sugarcube Corner for a triple-nut-chocolate-encased-sprinkle-delight-extremer, right? Right?"

Twilight once again found herself giggling at the youth of the town, and nodded. "Yessss." Was her young friends reply.

"Say, Scootaloo, you're not doing anything important right now are you?" Asked Twilight.

Scootaloo brought a hoof to her chin, sat down, and hummed in thought. Then rolled onto her back with her hoof still in place, and hummed again. After several different and odd poses, she finally replied, "Nope! Sweetie Belle and Applebloom are both gone, so I've had nothing to do for aaaaages. And there's still, like, two more weeks before even one of them gets back."

"Well, how would you like to come with me? I'm going to check up on Fluttershy and give her a hoof if she looks to be in trouble. And of course, there might be some dangerous and scary things that we might not be brave enough to do."

"Ooh! Ooh!" Scootaloo's face lit up like a Hearth's Warming tree. "I could totally do those things! You don't have to worry a bit, I'm an ex- exp- totally smart at things like that!"

^\/^\/^\/^
They walked to that cottage
^\/^\/^\/^

*Knock, knock*

The door creaked open a little, before opening fully showing a bed-maned and exhausted Fluttershy. "O-oh, Twilight, what brings you over so late at night?"

Twilight shook her shocked expression at her friends condition off her face and focused an answer. "Fluttershy, it's morning. Are you alright? It can't be good if you're this tired, are they really that many animals that need help?"

Fluttershy didn't respond, instead she gently swayed back and forth on the spot with no connection spelled on her face. Twilight sighed and lifted her friend in a magical grasp, floating her over to the couch and lay her down before draping a sheet over her.

"I guess we'll be busy, right Scootaloo?" The little filly who stood at attention by her side nodded, then the two got to work.

^\/^\/^\/^
Outside, a while plus some minutes later
^\/^\/^\/^

After escaping that mad demon and tearing down the path, Brian could finally see a building coming up. It was like a beacon of hope on the horizon, a light that would guide the way back home away from this crazy hellhole he had found himself in.

He hadn't dared look back since he left candy-land, so he not a clue if it had followed him in his risky escape. But now none of that mattered, there was the door, and safety, and warmth, and hope, and...

^\/^\/^\/^
Those 'some minutes' ago
^\/^\/^\/^

"Ouchie," Fluttershy muttered as she slowly regained life in her brain. She slowly sat up and found she was on her couch, and the rest of her home was clean and tidy with all the critters fed and cared for. "What? How did?"

Suddenly orbs of purple blocked her vision and a young and healthy "Surprise!" was quaked into her face.

Fluttershy warped behind the couch and locked in place, too scared to even shake. "Oh! Sorry Fluttershy! I probably shouldn't of scared you like that. My bad."

Recognizing the voice, Fluttershys body unlocked and she peeked over the edge of her couch. Sitting in the other chairs in the room were the young and energetic Scootaloo and the brainy and calm Twilight, both her good friends. With no threat no longer visible, her voice returned.

"Oh, Scootaloo, I'm sorry but please don't jump like that. You scared me."

"Sure thing! OH! Look, we cleaned your house and took care of your pets and stuff for you!"

Indeed, the place was tidy to a T, but to Twilight, she knew that even the stuff they had done wasn't that big of a deal, even for Fluttershy, so the mystery of her friend exhaustion remained. "Hey, Fluttershy, why were you so tired before? You didn't stay up all night working, did you?"

Fluttershy, now rested enough to hold a conversation, answered quickly. "Oh, I'm sorry, but I just couldn't sleep because I was thinking of that poor creature Discord brought in last night. Or evening. I've never seen anything like it, but I had so much to do I couldn't care for it myself, so I entrusted Discord to-"

Her explanation was cut short when a small and fuzzy thing sped through the door, quickly slamming it in place and piling anything it could get its paws on in front of it. When at last it felt satisfied, it slumped to the ground, breathing heavily through its nose because, it had no mouth.

"Oh! That's the creature!" Explained Fluttershy. "But yesterday, I could of sworn it had a mouth. I fed it painkillers, and why is it..."

Twilights and Fluttershys gaze met, and they both muttered the same name with groans at the same time, "Discord."

Author's Note:

And... done! I'm quite proud of this chapter, and all of you are probably picking your jaws off the ground. I mean, a new chapter! Who would've guessed?!

Yea, I'm gonna see what else I can write tonight. Gives heaps of support and I might be motivated to write another soon!



Also, note to self: Never make up OCs for a story again, just use this utterly stupid list I spent half-an-hour going through just to make sure I got 'Little Strongheart' right: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies

Comments ( 4 )

You're back! Yay!

3401212
Yep! I'm back! Right in the middle of my bloody school exams.

(I live in NZ and we have them now, it sucks)

3401223 Neener Neener we got a five day weekend

3402525
We have three two week long holidays throughout the year then a three month holiday break over Christmas.

Login or register to comment