• Published 5th Feb 2013
  • 1,447 Views, 21 Comments

The Land of Equestria: A Poet's Journey - APoeticHeart



A series of poems I wrote for the characters of MLP:FIM. Criticism accepted.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,447

One Final Stop

After a fun-filled, thrilling, and adventurous trek through the wonderful land of Equestria, be sure to make one final stop at Canterlot. As you make your way to Canterlot Castle, be sure to admire the beauty that surrounds you and experience just a taste of the lifestyle which the ponies of Canterlot live. However, thought they may possess great wealthy, they would be honored to have you as a guest in their home.

When you arrive at the castle, inform the guards that will stand watch that you would like to bid farewell to the princesses before you depart from Equestria. Skeptical the guards will be of you, but trusting that your actions are sincere they will allow you passage through the great doors into the towering structure. As you enter into the great hall, you will see carefully crafted stain-glassed murals of Equestria, the Elements of Harmony, and the many provinces.

Then you shall be summoned to the chambers of the Goddess of the Sun Princess Celestia and the Goddess of the Moon Princess Luna. Awaiting to greet you will stand the two royal siblings surrounded by their loyal subjects, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, the Mane Six along with a certain baby dragon, and the rest of the great ponies you have come in close bonds with while touring in Ponyville.

A celebration of not only your arrive but your departure would all be orchestrated by the lovable pink and hyper party pony herself Pinkie Pie. She would have the entire room filled with streamers, confetti pouring down, games to play, great music, and all with the help of her trusted party cannon. She might be sad to see you leave, but she would leave you with a breathtaking (literally) hug that you can remember forever. Be sure to assure her that you would return someday so her fluffy mane won't deflate, and she would be honored to gift you with a care package filled with a wide assortment of all her favorite sweet treats.

Not only will you leave with treats that are sweet, but maybe the faithful and strong country mare Applejack will give you a bushel of her prized apples from her farm of Sweet Apple Acres. Then you could tell your family and friends that you have tasted some of the best darn tasting apples you have ever tasted, but they do not come from the produce section of a supermarket. It is hard to get Applejack to shed a tear, so she would just tip her brown cowboy hat to you and give you a good firm hoofshake.

With food to take back home there is always the issue of some fashion ware to take with you. Surely, you wouldn't want to travel back to your home town without a fine assortment of clothes. That honor would be more than taken by the fashionista of Ponyville Rarity. She would be proud to create a fabulous suit or dress for you to take with you free of charge. Just be sure to tell your family and friends about her, so if they ever want something elegant or debonair to wear they know Rarity is the one to go to. Also, she might just give you a small bag of precious gems in which she uses in her designs.

With a delicate heart, the one you would see shed more tears than the others is the kind yet timid pegasus Fluttershy. She might speak to you very quietly, but her tenderness will show in a warm and comforting hug in which she will gift you with. If you are careful with her she would give you a sweet nuzzle along your cheek. Always good with animals, if you need a caretaker for your pet if you go on vacation or business trip, she would always be pleased to watch after your pet.

Then next will be the duo of Twilight Sparkle and her number one assistant and best friend Spike the dragon. Twilight would also gift you with a hug, and also probably one of her most treasured books from the Golden Oaks Library for you to read. If you are willing, she might even cast a spell on you that could allow you the ability to walk on the clouds of Equestria next time you visit. Give Spike a little ruffle of his green spikes and tell him that he could have the bag of gems that Rarity gave you if you feel you don't need the gems, because he would love them to eat and knowing that they came from the mare of his dreams.

Princess Celestia and her younger sister Princess Luna will give you a respectful bow as they have been touched by your presence in their land. Together they could give you a pendant or some sort of magical charm that could transport you easily back to your home, and also bring you back to Equestria if you decide to return.

At last, and certainly not least there is the coolest and fastest flier of all Equestria, the one and only Rainbow Dash. Not the one to become sappy, Rainbow will simply give you a hoof bump and tell you that she will catch you on the flip side. Yet she would be more than honored to gift you with the chance tp witness her stunning maneuver known as the Sonic Rainboom.

The rest of the Mane Six and the princesses will guide you onto the balcony of the highest tower of Canterlot Castle to watch Rainbow Dash prepare for her awesome air show. Gaining speed as she smashes through clouds, she will sky rocket straight up into the sky flapping her cyan wings and pose for dramatic effect. Making sure she is high enough from the ground she will shoot down towards Canterlot like a torpedo creating a field of momentum around her. Then when the time is right she will blast herself through the pocket of air surrounding her creating a fisure of a spectacular rainbow to wash over the land of Equestria leaving you in awe.

After preparing to leave, just say one more goodbye to all of those who you have come to meet and form strong friendships with. Visiting the land of Equestria would be an experience you would never forget, and you will believe that there can be harmony spread across the land where you live, just as long as you believe and never give up on your family and friends.

Comments ( 5 )

Damn that's sad, but honest. Ha, I love the windows, Elements of Harmony, the Crystal Savior (Spike), one showing of Celestia and Luna then another of Cadence (Goddess of Love) and Shining Armor, something about those windows hold a deep history for the land of Equestria.

You done very, very well for this, I'm very impressed and really can't wait to see other fics that shall be written by you bro:twilightsmile:

2132316 Thank you always for your kind words, they are truly appreciated my friend. Oh, I love the windows of Canterlot Castle, they are beautiful, and each tell a story of Equestria. I will might post a blog entry about my next fanfic I am thinking about doing. Thank you again for your kind comments my friend. :pinkiehappy:

2132452 Never a problem, it's my honor to aid a friend in their writing and you done very well here. That's cool, can't wait to see what else you will have planned:ajsmug:

2528673 Huge Spike fan here too my friend, and I wanted to capture him perfectly. Thank you always for your kind words and wonderful support. Also, thank you for favoriting this story. :pinkiehappy:

2639084 Hehe..thank you. I guess I can relate to Zecora, although she isn't my fav. pony, because me and her likes to speak in rhyme, well, I like to write in rhyme while she likes to speak in rhyme. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment