• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 575 Views, 2 Comments

The Forgotten King - Wings of Chaos



I wake up in a basement with no recollection of my past. I befriend the elements of harmony before He strikes. This is my story.

  • ...
4
 2
 575

Who I am/What?

Chapter 2

Who I am/What?

"I'd like to offer you a job."

I was stunned. "A job? Like, I work for a day, get paid, go home, and do it again the next day? Like, an actual life? I could definitely go for that. What's the job?"

"You could consider yourself part-time guard, full time royal problem solver, if you know what I mean." The human winked.

The purple unicorn spoke up. "X, are you sure? He just single-hoofedly knocked out two royal guards, burned another, and possibly killed one more! He's really dangerous!"

The human, X, looked her dead in the eye and said, in a very cold tone, "We need dangerous ponies, Twilight Sparkle. Other nations might think twice about attacking Equestria if there where more ponies like Eclipse around."

Twilight looked flustered. "The Princess pays you to be dangerous, X. That's what your job is. Right?"

"Yes, Twilight. The Princess pays me to be dangerous. She also pays me and my brother to defend her and her sister. We can't guard them and deal with problems everywhere else, too. That's where Eclipse comes in."

"I like the sound of this job." I said. Then everything started to get blurry, and I felt very dizzy. I blacked out, seemingly for no reason. Until I remembered I had a huge-ass cut on my side.

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a black bed, with purple highlights. There was a breeze playing across my face. 'Breeze?' I open my eyes, and what I see shocks me. My bed is in the middle of a forest. The sky above is dark, and when I look, I notice that the moon is sitting in front of the sun. A perfect total eclipse. Beautiful. After I study my surroundings a bit more, I notice a door with a strange mark. It's maybe ten feet from the bed. It's just kinda sitting there, with nothing to hold it up. I circle around the back of the door, and what I see surprises me. The door, bed and eclipse have all disappeared. 'This is so weird.' I think. I walk back towards the area where the eclipse was.

And pass through an invisible shield, right next to the door. Huh. I process that for a minute, before curiosity gets the better of me, and I turn to go through the door. I step out into a long, stone hallway. *processing,* *processing,* *done.* "WHAT!?" I exclaim loudly, startling a passing maid. I turn around and study the door, and I notice something I hadn't before. The mark on this door, it's my cutie mark.

This just keeps getting stranger. I have a very stern mental debate about which way to go. '-f he hollers let him go!' I finish, turning left. Then a unicorn guard comes from the right and asks me to follow him. Whatever. While we walk, we have a conversation. I learn that the guards name is Flaming Sword. That is such a badass name. We get to a throne room, and Flame says: "The Princess is expecting you." He stays outside while I walk in. He seemed like a good guy. Maybe I'll buy him a drink or something later. (No Homo.)

The throne room was huge! With a large stained glass window depicting those mares that attacked me, using some kind of magic to attack a dark blue pony, with both wings and a horn. Weird. Wait, wings and a horn!? That's like me! Then I actually look at the throne, and see another pony with wings and horn. She has a pure white coat, with a flowing rainbow mane, and a knowing, but not unkind, look.

"Hello." I said casually. "My name is Eclipse, apparently." I say, holding my hoof out for a hoof shake.

"Apparently? How is it that you don't know who you are?" She asked, a light smile playing across her lips.

"Well, I have amnesia. I can't remember a Goddamned thing. It's very annoying." I said with a tinge of frustration in my voice.

She sighed, with a look of sadness, that made her look thousands of years old. "I must take the blame for your memories. I took them because I care about you, and-"

"WHAT!? I don't give a fuck if 'you care about me,' I want my memories!" I yelled, prompting the guards to level their spears at me.

She waved the guards down. "I'm sorry, Eclipse, but I can't allow you to have your memories. We need you in the coming battles." She said, with a look of regret.

"What makes you think I'll fight for you? Give me some memories, and I'll think about it." I said, fully intending to walk away if she refused.

She looked troubled. "I-I can do that. These memories will make you adept at fighting, skillful at magic, and give you a general background of who you are." She said, while her horn started glowing.

I started to refuse, say I wanted more, "n-" but I was cut off by a flash, and years worth of pony karate came flooding back. Another flash, and most of my magical training came back. One final flash, and I knew who I was. Kinda. One, I was somebody important, a knight maybe. Two, I was one of the most powerful mages alive.
Three, I fucking hate memory spells. Four, only the pony who took the memories could give them back. Five, I REALLY fucking hate memory spells. Six, I have a daughter in Ponyville. Seven, I was banished for one thousand years. Eight, fucking memory spells, man!

"Woah, if that's a general background, I wanna see everything I know!" I exclaimed, with a tinge of amazement in my voice.

"Yes, you have very expansive knowledge, it comes with being immortal."

Wat. "What?!"

"You are one of the alicorn race, therefore you will live until you die. Literally."

Well fuck.

Author's Note:

So, as you can probably tell, I don't have an editor, and I don't write much, but I will try to update as much as possible.
Thank you for understanding.