• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 10,913 Views, 190 Comments

Sister Dash - Black Kyurem



Rainbow Dash's friends are sentenced to community service in Canterlot for an old incident that unintentionally deceived everyone in Ponyville.

  • ...
65
 190
 10,913

Thirty Days


~ Day 3 ~

The Cutie Mark Crusaders met up at their clubhouse, each of them greatly saddened that the ponies they loved would not likely be returning to Ponyville anytime soon.

"Ah still don't get it," said Apple Bloom. "Mare Do Well happened months ago. How could it still be so bad now?"

"I still did the stupidest thing ever," said Scootaloo. "I gave up on Rainbow Dash as my hero. And I haven't forgiven myself since."

"Rarity always used to say to me that forgiving one's self is one of the hardest things to do," assured Sweetie Belle. "You could always talk to Rainbow Dash. She must be so lonely without her friends. I'm sure she'll listen to you."

"I couldn't find her anywhere!" replied Scootaloo. "I looked everywhere in Ponyville! I looked yesterday and I looked today! Nopony knows where she is!"

"Her friends would know," sighed Apple Bloom. "But they're gone. And who knows how long Ponyville will last without them."

"Most of the ponies are still upset that they were played," added Sweetie Belle. "But I'm sure it won't be long before they realize that their services are needed here."

"Ah can't bear to think of them wherever they are, sufferin' for whatever punishment the princess has dished out," mourned Apple Bloom.

"What are we gonna do?" asked Sweetie Belle.

---

Rainbow Dash had crept to the Golden Oaks library, knowing that Twilight was no longer there. But Spike was. Rainbow Dash peered into the window and saw the little dragon curled up in a fetal position and lying in a puddle of his own tears. It broke Rainbow's heart to see Spike in such condition, so she went to knock on the front door.

"Spike, it's me, Rainbow Dash!" she called. Spike stopped crying instantly, surprised that Rainbow would come.

"Rainbow?" he murmured, and went to answer the door. When he did, Rainbow trotted in.

"Spike, I'm so sorry," she cried, hugging the purple dragon as he started crying again.

"She's gone, Rainbow," Spike sobbed. "She's gone... I can't work without her... I can't do anything without her."

"I heard that the mayor is gonna hire a new librarian to work here."

"It won't be the same. I can't stand not working with Twilight. She means everything to me! What am I gonna do?"

"Why don't you go to Canterlot and try to reason with the princess?" suggested Rainbow.

"It won't do me any good," cried Spike. "The princess can be very strict sometimes. And she was so mad at Twilight and her friends."

"I think it's at least worth a try." That's when Spike suddenly belched up a letter from Princess Celestia. "Oh, man! What does the princess have to say now?" Spike read the letter and gasped.

"Thirty days?!" he cried.

"What?" said Rainbow, not completely understanding.

"They're gonna be gone for thirty days! Starting today!" Rainbow's eyes flooded with tears.

"My poor friends..." she whimpered.

---

Down at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack's family must have received word about Spike's letter as well because Granny Smith, Big Macintosh, and Apple Bloom were all in a state of moping.

"Our li'l Applejack's really gonna be gone for thirty days tops," moaned Granny Smith. "Our here farm just won't be the same without her."

"It's bad enough that ah don't have mah cutie mark," said Apple Bloom. "But now ah'm gonna be without a sister for thirty days!"

"Eeyup," said Big Mac sadly. They looked on in sad silence for a whole minute.

"Well, ah think it's best that we just get back to work," said Granny Smith, breaking the silence. "Of course, without Applejack, business is gonna be slow, ah reckon."

---

Sweetie Belle was peering into the window of the Carousel Boutique, so sad that Rarity was no longer there. Of course, there was a notice saying when the doors would reopen, but thirty days would be such a long time to wait, even more so for Sweetie Belle to be without a sister.

"Maybe, maybe I'll try the Sisterhoof Social without a sister! In fact, I think I'll try the rest of my life without a sister!"

Sweetie Belle started to cry.

"I didn't mean it, Rarity," she sobbed. "I don't wanna be without a sister ever again! I love you!" And she collapsed to the soft ground, crying.

---

Fluttershy's cottage was now deserted and all the animals she used to look after were sad, scared, and unsure of what to do without their beloved caretaker. Angel poked his head out of his little house, but found no food for him. None of the animals were positive if they would be able to forge for themselves, especially for thirty days straight. Angel thought back to all the horrible things he committed, even to his owner, Fluttershy, and cried. As if things weren't bad enough, hungry Timberwolves began to look on from the edge of the Everfree Forest, lying in wait...

---

And finally, at the Sugarcube Corner, Carrot Cake and Cup Cake were bustling and struggling to finish a huge order trying to do the work of three ponies. With Pinkie Pie to be absent for thirty days, they had no helping hoof to help with catering or any baking whatsoever. Like with Sweet Apple Acres, business at the Sugarcube Corner would be slower without Pinkie Pie. And although Applejack would have made a fine substitute, she would not be present for the next thirty days either.

"I don't see how you could be missing her," said Minuette. "Pinkie Pie and the others set up to believe some fake hero was better than Rainbow Dash."

"Well, yes..." stammered Mr. Cake. "But..."

"But that doesn't mean that Ponyville is better off without them," finished Mrs. Cake. Minuette thought about that.

"Yeah... you're right. Without Applejack at Sweet Apple Acres, business will be slower. And without Pinkie Pie, business may just end up trudging here as well."

"And without Pinkie Pie, how are we gonna remember to smile every now and then?" wailed Lily Valley. "The horror, the horror!"

"Oh, we can't just wish those ponies gone from our lives!" said Daisy.

"We've practically come to depend on them!" added Rose.

"Okay, I'm convinced," said Minuette. "Thirty days is too much... but... we'll somehow have to manage without them. They are under the watchful eye of... Princess Celestia! The ruler of all Equestria! And we dare not trifle with her." Rainbow Dash had been listening in from outside the whole time. Being without her friends for thirty whole days was too much for her to bear. So she took off into the sky and quickly flew straight home. Once inside, she jumped onto her bed and cried into her pillow.