• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 16,730 Views, 327 Comments

She Woke To Fur Elise - 71NYL-5CR4TCH



How will Vinyl react when she wakes up in the home of some higher class company?

  • ...
22
 327
 16,730

Chapter 4: Revelations and Realizations

Vinyl blinked.

Octavia took a step back, slowly opening her eyes, a blush spread across a new expression of bliss. A calm, satisfied smile hung on her lips.

Vinyl blinked again.

Octavia’s eyes widened, her blush amplifying as she looked to Vinyl for some sort of reaction. Octavia’s smile quickly dropped from her face, turning into a concerned frown.

Vinyl’s face remained still while her mind reeled, attempting to grasp the situation before her.

“Um...I’m...I’m so sorry Vinyl...I...I don’t know what came over me...I...I just thought that...” tears began to swell in Octavia’s eyes as she stepped away from Vinyl, her voice rising to an inaudible squeak.

Vinyl took a deep breath in and closed her eyes, pausing a moment before reopening them. “You...you kissed me...”

“Y-Yes I did and I-I apologize and it was foalish of me and I shouldn’t have and...” Octavia looked down in shame, her eyes darting from place to place on her carpet.

“Was that what you wanted to do?” interjected Vinyl, her face a mask of calm hiding the chaotic swarm of thoughts buzzing inside her head.

“Well...at the time yes but...” Octavia stuttered.

Vinyl shut her eyes and waved her hoof, signaling for Octavia to stop talking, her face changing to one of near disgust, “Don’t apologize. You can’t have regrets.”

“But...but I...”

“You only regret how I reacted.” Vinyl gave a dead-pan stare.

“Well, I suppose, but...”

“Stop. You know what you’re doing? You’re giving a buck. Stop giving a buck.”

“But...”

“No. Bucks.” Vinyl’s face became deathly serious.

“Well...well how can you say that?! How can you just do whatever you please and just not care?!” Octavia was fuming now, angered by her confusion more than her situation. ‘How can she just not care?! How DARE she just not care?! I...I kissed her! And she just doesn’t care! She’s...she’s the only mare I’ve ever kissed...she's the only pony I've ever kissed’

Vinyl stood up, “Because most everypony isn’t worth my attention,” she stated matter-of-factly.

“Well...well who is huh?! What makes somepony worthy of the Almighty Vinyl Scratch’s attention?!” Octavia looked enraged, yet tears continued to spring from her eyes.

“Theirs.”

Octavia prepared to respond, but caught herself before she could continue her rant, “Wh-what?”

“If somepony doesn’t give you their attention, they aren’t worth yours.” Vinyl spoke simply, stoic, almost.

“S-so, I shouldn’t care because...you don’t?”

Vinyl opened her mouth to speak, to tell her ‘no, in fact she didn’t’ but something nagged at her deep subconscious. ‘But...I do care...why do I care? I never care. She...I don’t even know her! I don’t...like her...do I? She’s a MARE for Celestia’s sake! I...wha...why? Why do I care?’

Vinyl blinked and looked into Octavia’s eyes. ‘Those eyes...those...beautiful violet eyes...I can’t stand seeing tears in those eyes...’

“Well, Vinyl?” Octavia sniffled.

Vinyl swallowed, “I...I didn’t say I didn’t care.”

“But you’re saying I shouldn’t care.”

“I didn’t say I did care.”

“Well Vinyl? What is it? Should I care?”

Vinyl sighed, “You aren’t getting it. You can’t care until you know somepony cares about you!”

“And how am I supposed to know?”

Vinyl swallowed again, “Because...she’ll...show you...” Vinyl stepped closer, looking into Octavia eyes.


“How? Should I just wait for...for somepony to tell me they care? What will ‘she’ do?”
“She’ll...”

Octavia looked back to Vinyl now, her eyes somewhat reddened by tears.

“She’ll do something like this...”

Vinyl closed her eyes and took a leap of absolute faith. Never before had she put such trust in somepony else’s hooves. Never before had she left her heart open, exposed, for any pony to be tender to or stomp on. Never before had she closed her eyes, leaned in...

And kissed back.

Octavia blinked.

Vinyl leaned back. Now it was her turn to watch for a reaction. And the first time she, cared.

“So...you...uh...do care?”

“Uh huh.” Vinyl wore a goofy smile.

“About me?”

“Yes, Octavia.”

Octavia paused for a minute before allowing an enormous smile to spread across her muzzle. “So...you’re glad I kissed you?”

“Yes...yes I am, “Vinyl smiled now. “But...I have to ask...I thought you said you weren’t...you know...into mares?”

“I...I don’t know. With my schedule and lifestyle I haven’t had time to be into... well... anypony, honestly.”

“I can kind of relate. I’m always all over the place, and I’m always running the places where ponies are supposed to meet each other.”

“Did...did you know, though?”

“Know what?”

“That you were...into mares?” Octavia asked, embarrassed.

“No, not really...but I never really tried. Aren’t you scared though?”

“Scared?” Octavia raised an eyebrow, before a adopting a confident grin. “I don’t have to care what anypony thinks anymore.”

Vinyl knocked Octavia on the shoulder with a playful hoof, a smile plastered across her lips, “Now you’re getting it!”

Octavia giggled, “Granted, I will need some time to adjust, but I think I can appreciate this sort of lifestyle.”

Vinyl smiled, “I certainly do,” and then sat down on her couch.

Octavia sat down next to her, with a look of mild concern, “So...does this mean we are...dating?”

Vinyl wrapped a hoof around the mare next to her and pulled her close, “If you want to call it that.”

“I...I’m not sure what to call it. I’ve never had any sort of significant other...”

“I have...I guess...” Vinyl looked down in recollection.

“You guess?” Octavia leaned back from Vinyl, looking into her eyes.

“Coltfriends in highschool...never anything to serious...I always wondered what I didn’t see in them, I think I have a good idea now,” she chuckled.

“My parents always tried to find Coltfriends for me...I was never interested, too busy practicing I suppose...I never did like the pressure.”

Vinyl nodded before pulling Octavia closer against her, snuggling up next to each other on the couch, “Well, the pressure’s off now,” and placed a quick kiss upon her forehead.