• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 16,717 Views, 327 Comments

She Woke To Fur Elise - 71NYL-5CR4TCH



How will Vinyl react when she wakes up in the home of some higher class company?

  • ...
22
 327
 16,717

Chapter 2: She Woke To Fur Elise

She woke to Fur Elise...

The soft dance of keys first stirred Vinyl from her slumber, gentle daylight meeting her eyes. The melodious flow of the song brought her from unconsciousness, and into a realm of silky sheets, feather pillows, and a soft, forgiving mattress. As Celestia's sun first crawled into the crack of red, shimmering between two covers of white fur, she shunned it, silky linens and soft music lulling her back to sleep, calling her to re-enter the world of dreams and slumber. But try as she may the melody still beckoned her back to the living world, in the tone of a kind mother's voice . The rising and falling of notes rolled across her ears, waves of musical bliss growing and sinking, rising and falling, building to a tip toe of quiet tones, calling back and forth to one another, before returning to a familiar tune. Vinyl yawned as she began to first stir from her cocoon of blanket and warmth only to realize something was amiss...this was not her apartment. No, this place was...

Warm.

Welcoming.

And the number one sign that gave it away to Vinyl was...

Clean.

The room was immaculate, save the bed in which she lay, which had been thrashed about in, as blankets were now strewn across its surface, throw pillows scattered on the carpet below. But aside from that nothing was out of place, not to mention well dusted, unstained and crisp. How anypony could keep a room so well kept she had no clue, nor could she grasp the concept of why anypony would want to. But it did give the room a very open, comforting feel, despite being rather bland with off-white painted walls and simple furniture.

But now she smiled, and listened the new explosion of melody from down the hall, mixing with the chirping of morning birds. Her head still lay upon crumpled pillow, mane tossed out of her eyes as she listened to the beautiful melody and sounds of a waking world. While ordinarily she was woken by the strident calls of an alarm, this morning she had the pleasure of arising with her ruler's sun. As the melody once again slowed she rose in her bed, stretching her forelegs with a loud, exaggerated yawn only to realize something else was amiss...

She had no clue where in Equestria she was.

It didn't matter terribly much.

She had woken up in a few strange places before, normally friends houses after she had too much to drink, there was always somepony she knew at just about any club, and had ended up crashing at one of their places more times than she cared to count. She was lucky Canterlot was regarded as polite enough society that somepony could always have a place to sleep among friends.

But she didn't recognize this room.

She had never been here before.

None of her friends were this refined, all of their apartments were as bad, if not worse than her own.

Vinyl gulped quietly, she wasn't in a friend's house...

Vinyl racked her brain to remember, let's see...I was DJing...at a club...the club was...kinda dirty...good crowd...name was...

She bolted upright, scrambling out of the bed and looking around in horror at the realization of who could have just taken her drunk flank home. Panicked thoughts rushed to her mind, Where am I? What if somepony...some mare...DID something to me?!

She looked at the slightly opened bedroom door and burst through it, in excpectation of the worse news she could possible see, but instead sat a familiar mare before a piano, buried in music as her hooves wildly danced across the keys, her attention captured by the music, she failed to even noticed the shocked mare now standing beside her. Soon, her facial expression softened as she returned to a familiar tune, but her eyes remained closed, locked in a seperate world she created for herself simply by pressing the keys of a piano. Her body swayed softly from side to side as she felt the music pulse through her, slowly dying away into a soft, somber tones.

Upon opening her eyes she noticed the awestruck mare beside her, mane strewn about her face, ruby eyes starring at her in disbelief.

"That was...uh...really good..." VInyl spoke softly, unsure of what to say.

"I'm glad you appreciated it...and I'm happy to see that you're alive, and awake. I'm honestly surprised you don't have so terrible of a hangover any music would bother you..."

"Oh I wouldn't be worried about that," Vinyl waved a dismissive hoof, "I've been to clubs in full swing with a hangover before."

"I...see. Well, you certainly had enough to drink last night..."

"Yeah, about that...where am I, exactly? And who are you? And perhaps most importantly, why was I in your bed?" Vinyl wore a concerned expression, particularly worried about the reply to the last one.

"Well, perhaps you can't recall, My name is Octavia, we met at the bar last night. You are currently in my apartment in northern Canterlot. Thirdly, don't flatter yourself, you were sleeping in my guest bedroom."

Vinyl let out a sigh in relief, "Oh good...So we didn't..?"

Octavia simply gave a deadpan expression, "No, Miss VInyl,I wouldn't think of it, I was raised better than to take advantage of a drunk."

"I'm not a drunk, I just was drunk. Besides, I doubt you'd want much to do with a mare like me." Vinyl watched closely for her reaction. If she remembered the name of the club correctly, there was a good chance she was a filly fooler, and Vinyl felt she needed to know.

"It wouldn't matter if you were drunk everyday or for the first time in your life. I do NOT take advantage of the inebriated. Stallion or mare. Now, could I interest you in some tea?"

"Um...maybe. I've never had tea before...What's it like?"

Octavia stood from her piano stool and looked at Vinyl suspiciously, "You've never had tea before? Where have you been living, under a rock?"

Vinyl frowned, "No, I've just never tried it."

Octavia sighed, "Very well, what kind would you like to try?"

"There's more than one kind?"

*facehoof*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinyl sipped cautiously at the cup before her. The liquid Octavia had poured was very hot, and had little odor. After going through a list of teas longer than the princesses' mane, Vinyl had decided on 'Green' tea, but the drink before her, while green, looked like someone had dumped lawnmower clippings into hot water and called it 'tea'.

As she drew the first sip to her lips, she was quickly relieved to find the drink did not, in fact, taste like grass clippings, but instead a pleasant bitter flavor, instantly relaxing her nerves as she drank. The warm, soothing liquid washing away the dry feeling in her mouth and awakening her senses as she took in a deep breath after her drink, closing her eyes.

The two chatted idly about the events which had unfolded the night before. Vinyl was shocked to find out just how much she had to drink...and just how friendly she became.

Vinyl chuckled a bit, "Yeah...I was always a happy drunk...it wasn't anything personal, no offense."

Octavia smiled, "None taken, I was rather enjoying all the free drinks from you."

Vinyl's face fell, "Wait...how was I buying you drinks? I'm flat broke!"

Octavia shrugged, "Apparently not. Supposedly the deal your friend had set up for you was that you'd earn 10% of any revenue that was larger than average. Plus the manager was happy to give you drinks on the house."

Vinyl thought for a moment, "10% of additional profit? How much did I make, like, 200 bits?"

Octavia laughed outright this time, "No, Vinyl, apparently before you got started was average, you made about 1,000 bits, if I recall correctly."

Vinyl was prepared to jump for joy at this news, until she realized she would have to give most of that money up to pay for her rent. Instead she nodded and picked up her cup and began to sip her tea again.

Octavia sat across from her, enjoying her drink with a calm expression. As the two mares set down their cups, they locked eyes and starred for a moment, the scene from the bar replaying itself as Vinyl found herself lost in those lavender pools. Vinyl quickly looked away after realizing she had been starring, a small blush adorning her cheeks. Little did she notice, Octavia's actions had mimicked her own...

Something about those eyes... they thought.