• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 5,758 Views, 30 Comments

Poker Night at the Boutique - The card holder



You play poker with Rarity, Medic, Mr. Foster, and Strong Bad (again). Then you come back and play another poker game.

  • ...
3
 30
 5,758

Farewells

You finish off your drink, laughing with everyone else at the bar. Medic's stories were quite gruesome, yet they were also gut-bustingly hilarious (literally, in one occasion). Strong Bad had gone back home already, probably too miffed at being beaten at poker again to have some friendly drinks with the competition. Everyone else, however, stayed. Mr. Foster came back not too long after you won, and sat down with you, Rarity, and Medic for drinks. A few of Rarity's friends came over, as well, and introduced themselves as something called the "Elements of Harmony". Some kind of secret weapon in the form of six ponies, or something. One in particular, Twilight Sparkle, had gotten into a rather enthusiastic conversation with Medic about biology of various creatures. You, meanwhile, had gotten into a debate with Rainbow Dash about whether or not poker was a game based entirely on luck (you said it was, but only half of the time). You wore your newly-won hat the entire time, but besides a few "Congratulations" for winning, no comments were made about it.

After Medic's latest story, you mentioned the last tournament, where you beat Heavy. This amused Medic, because, as he said, "no one has been able to beat him at ze base at all." Apparently you don't need a good poker face when you're able (and willing) to break every bone in your opponents' bodies. The whole time, the pony manning the bar (another of Rarity's friends, Applejack) kept you all going with drinks. Normally, you weren't much of a drinker, but having won another poker tournament, you feel you deserve the reward. Noticeably, nearly all of the ponies started avoiding Medic once he clarified that the stories he told actually happened to him, and he was the doctor in all of them, but he seemed used to that kind of reaction.

Eventually, Mr. Foster looked at his watch. "Ah, crap, I'm gonna miss my bus." Everyone said goodbye as he left. Medic was the next to go, when he said that his teleporter should be ready now. Shortly after, you realized that your bus was leaving, too, and you say farewell to all the ponies as you leave.

Getting on the bus, you look out into the night. It seems Mr. Foster had missed his bus, and was apparently going to hitch a ride with Medic to get back to London.

Once the bus starts moving, you think over tonight. It was a success, that much was obvious, but not just because you won. You might start coming to Ponyville more often, now. The quaint little town's growing on you.



And besides, Rarity probably has more hats she'll be willing to bet off.

Comments ( 18 )

Excuse my ignorance, but Mr. Foster? Killing floor sounds vaguely familiar though.

2083620 Here, allow me to enlighten you.fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/163/1/9/Mr__Foster_versus_Husk_by_Nirwrath.jpg

Killing floor is a zombie survival co-op game.

Nice story.

You just increased my interest in Poker Night at the Inventory.

I like it. good job

2084021

The items I got from that game increased my TF2 inventory.

Excellent. :rainbowlaugh: Personally, I would've had Homestar instead of Strong Bad, but it was good to see one character wanting revenge :pinkiecrazy:

Hah!! A PNatI crossover. Love that game.

FUCK YEAH MR. FOSTER! BEST FUCKING DLC CHARACTER EVER

YES All of it take it before i read I know this will be great. I loved that game.

Post Read, I still want to keep my yes, and yes all of them.

this fic was improved greatly by reading the narrator's lines in the voice of the host of the inventory.

To quote Fluttershy, It's…nice.

Who the hell is Strong Bad?:rainbowhuh:

3772985 A Wrestle-Man from the online video series "Homestar Runner". He appeared in the first Poker Night at the Inventory because Telltale made a game about him.

Oddly enjoyable. Thank you.

Not sure how well Riker would have done, to be honest. He's got a great poker face, that's for sure.

Actually ...

He can hold his own against someone that can perfectly calculate the odds, and another that can sense even the slightest emotional response, and a third who has a vision visor that notices any change in skin temperature/etc.

Yea, I think Riker would have done well.

Login or register to comment