• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 542 Views, 27 Comments

Vast Imaginations - Multitraveler



Edaniel is cast into Equestria, and must make a choice that decides his fate and others. He must shed the weights of his old life, to create a new one in its place, or shroud himself in his old life, to protect him from the terrors the new one holds.

  • ...
10
 27
 542

Troubles and travels

Edaniel Erkuse was sitting in his desk, thinking about the same thing he always thinks about during class. He is thinking about himself, as a multiversal traveler (as he calls it). At first he was just imagining himself in stories, TV shows, books. You name it. one day he decided that he would imagine himself traveling across the dimensions and then next, the multiverses. Edaniel was a thirteen year old, average, normal teenager.

He had green eyes that seemed blue unless you looked closely. He had brown hair-that over the years had gone from blond to dirty-blond to brown-that was slightly long in the front and long in the back that was now turning black. He wasn't exactly a nerd, in fact he didn't have any of the titles. He wasn't a jock, he wasn't a rich-preppy kid. He was a class of his own (although he could be described as a class clown). He was built slightly, not the scrawny way that nerds were, and not the way that jocks were, in that over-built huge fashion. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't exactly "drop dead gorgeous" either. He was tall for his age. Just like the rest of the men's side of his family. He liked to imagine things. He was a nice guy, who had an ordinary life.

Today he was imagining that he was in the magical land of equestria. The place where ponies rule and is basically peaceful. He was imagining that he and his friends from ponyville were on a nice picnic. He was a pony, just as other seven were ponies, save the dragon. Edaniel was asking a two-toned blue mare if she wanted to join them.

The ponies around him were; A butterscotch yellow mare with a light pink mane, a light pink mare with a slightly darker pink mane, a light purple mare with a darker purple mane, a honey-yellow mare with straw colored hair and a Stetson perched on her head, a marshmallow-colored mare with a violet mane, a Cyan colored mare with a spectrum of colors for a mane, the two-toned mare who was indigo and had an indigo and blue mane, and a light purple and light green baby dragon.

They had not set up the food yet, and were talking about their days. The Butterscotch pony said that hers was nice. The Pink one said that her day was 'Fantasterifulific'. The Purple mare said that her day was good. The White one said that her day was 'simply marvelous'. The Honey-colored one said that she had a hard working day and was looking forward to this. The dragon said that his day was awesome because he got some gems. The pony with the Rainbow mane said that her day could have been about twenty percent cooler. The Indigo pony said that she had a great day.

Edaniel too the bags that carried their supplies off his back and set them down. They began setting the table in the park where they were planning their picnic. Once they finished setting the table, they all sat down. They each took out some food that they had made for the picnic, except for the dragon, the two-toned mare, and Edaniel.

As he was imagining that the others were asking him to pass out the food, his friend Joey leaned over in class and whispered to him, "Hey Edaniel, Guess what?"

"What" Edaniel said in a quiet voice.

"Me and the guys found this really cool, old abandoned building out in the forest. Wanna come see it with us? We're gonna explore it." said Joey.

"Sure, I'm always up for junk like this, man." said Edaniel excitedly

"Mister Erkuse. Is there something you would like to share with the class?" said, the teacher, Mr. Otrahaw. Joey was now trying (and failing horribly) to conceal his burst of laughter at the question.

"uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuhhhhuuuuhuuuuhuuuhhhhhhh... Potatoes?" said Edaniel, with a straight face.

"How are you in the eighth grade, Edaniel?" said Mr. Otrahaw.

"I blame the economy, for their misuse of the governmental funds and extrusion of our scholastic funds, as they have driven us into a deep economical crisis, which caused you to start teaching the eighth grade." said Edaniel.

"Oh... Yes. That's why." said Mr. Otrahaw while putting lots of emphasis on the word "That's". At this point, Joey was literally rolling on the floor, laughing uncontrollably at the conversation.

Mr. Otrahaw continued his one-sided discussion of the continent of Asia, after scolding Joey. Edaniel thought about his imaginary life in Equestria and how he wished with all his heart that he could travel the multiverses. To Edaniel, the rest of the day flew by. Joey, on the other hand, kept complaining about how long he would have to wait to get outside and have fun.

Once school was over, Edaniel and Joey went to their homes to prepare. During PE, they both decided that they should meet at the park with the others. Edaniel ate dinner and told his mother that he would be at Joey's house for a while. She said to come home before 11:00. Then, he went to the park to see the group. He showed up at the park to see that his friends, Joey, Kyle, Dylan, Greg, and Tom were waiting for him.

Joey Mencirikone was Edaniels friend that he'd known since the first grade. They had used to be enemies, but after one fight, they were immediate friends. Joey was Spanish, the real Spanish. He was an average height guy, he was nice, he was loyal, and he always, always tried to make Edaniel look good. He had Brown hair with tints of blond and dirty blond. He had brownish/orange eyes. He was well built. He was basically awesome.

Kyle Simericone was Edaniels second newest friend. He knew Joey, so Edaniel gave him a shot. Edaniel had made the right choice. Kyle was short for his age, although not that short. He had blond hair that folded over the side of his bangs, on the side. He was white. He was a nice guy who tried to lighten the mood, a lot. He had dark Blue eyes. He didn't look like it, but he was pretty strong. He was, all in all, a good guy.

Greg Samp was someone that Edaniel had known almost as long as Joey. He had approached him and asked him to be friends. Although they had never met before, Edaniel knew that he would like him. What Greg did was exactly like something that Edaniel would do. Greg had short Black hair that was long in the front and made girls like him (for some unknown space alien Greg reason). He had light brown eyes. He was average height. He was very protective. He was a great friend.

Dylan Exumerics was a friend he had met not to long ago, but still thought of as his second in command, right next to Joey. He was a joker, prankster, whipper snapper, the kind of guy that old people yelled at to get off his lawn. He was Kyle's height. He had the same eyes as Edaniel. He had Brown/Black hair that was always in his eyes. He was kind and generous. He was a good guy for comfort and joking around, and not to mention making you laugh uncontrollably until you almost die. Each of the group has experienced the last one on numerous occasions.

Tom Haloquise was a quiet guy who liked to hang out with his friends. He had met Edaniel a few days after Greg. He was new to the school at the time. He had been in the hallway, quietly heading to class when ,Edaniel, pulling a Greg, asked him to be friends. He had light Brown hair that fell to his cheeks in the back. It was short cropped on the sides and it was slightly longer in front then on the sides. He had Orange/Blue eyes. He was shy and dependable. As were the others, quite dependable. He was (somehow, by unknown reasoning) the second in command of the group.

Edaniel was basically a mix of all his friends. He was generous, kind, happy, shy at times, good-willed, loyal, and pretty honest.

Edaniel walked towards them. Joey was the first to notice. The others gradually looked at him. Some waved, others just waited. Kyle was the first to speak.

"What took ya?" said Kyle.

"My dog exploded" Edaniel deadpanned.

"Harsh" said Greg.

"C'mon lezgo" said Tom

"You know Edaniel, your parents were pretty creative." said Dylan, while smiling.

"If you say that one more time, Dylan, it wont be Dejavou anymore." said Edaniel.

"And what would that make it?"

"A catch phrase"

"hahhahahahhaaha hooooo. That's funny"

"Yeah, ha ha, laugh it up mister 'I dunno where that mailbox came from, sir'" Edaniel laughed.

The group laughed at the memory of Dylan getting in trouble for somehow breaking a window with a mailbox that was still in the ground. After some talking, they headed out. Kyle led the way.

"So. What does it look like?" asked Edaniel

"Imagine a mix between a factory and a mansion, covered in vines and shrubs." said Joey.

"Sounds awesome. How'd you guys find it anyway?" said Edaniel.

"We were looking around in the forest for random junk to mess with." said Dylan.

"Okay" said Edaniel.

Edaniel began imagining himself back in Equestria. He started where he had left off in class.

"Would you pass me the Hay-Fries please, Edaniel." Asked the Butterscotch-colored mare.

"Sure thing, Fluttershy." Edaniel replied.

"Thank you." Fluttershy said.

They ate their food in peace and quiet. Their quiet, however, after a while was interrupted by the baby dragon belching out green flames. This was not unusual, for the dragon acted as a messenger for the Purple unicorn.

"What does it say, Twilight?" A few of the ponies asked.

"It says that the Princess would like to s-"

"Look! There it is Edaniel" said Greg.

They had traveled for nearly two hours. Edaniel notices an outline in the distance.

"Whoa." Edaniel gawked. It was massive. It was more like a mix between an airplane hangar and a factory and a mansion.Edaniel tried to inspect every nook and cranny, as though at any moment it would leave. They walked inside.

"We waited for you to come, to check it out." said Joey.

"Thanks man" said Edaniel.

They explored for a while, until Edaniel found an interesting machine. It was like a gate but with edges made of a weird metal that he'd never seen before. It was covered in layers of dust from what must have been years of sitting in this place. Oddly enough, it had no rust, no signs of decay, it otherwise looked as good as new. It was purplish yellow in color. It was square shaped. It had an emblem, but it too covered in dust to see. He was going to investigate some more, but he heard Joey yell, "Hey guys c'mere". They mostly obliged. He had found an old switch, and a very large one at that.

"I'm 'onna flip it" said Joey.

"I don't think that that's such a great idea buddy" Edaniel said nervously.

"Chill out man, we'll be fine, okay?" said Joey.

"Okay, if you're sure, dude" said Edaniel.

"It's alive!" yelled Joey as he flipped the switch.

Edaniel was still near the machine and he heard it hum to life. All of the dust shook off and it revealed the emblem. It read, PROJECT PORTAL THROUGH. "Get outta there Edaniel!" yelled Kyle and Joey in unison. Edaniel ran, but felt himself being pulled into something. He was sucked into the gate. Everything went black.

In a dimension, countless light years away, A new life form appeared in a flash of light. It was a pony. The pony had dust scattered around him and some old cobwebs as well. The pony appeared to be sleeping. A very powerful entity sensed this pony's presence. It sensed power, it sensed life, it sensed indifference. It also noticed one thing that it couldn't quite name. It was as though this pony was protected.....by nothing. It was impossible, but true.

It was not as though the entity could do anything in its current state, but it would have to dwell into this particular situation as it unfolded. The entity resumed what it was doing, as though nothing had happened. This pass-time was seeking out new toys in its land. In Equestria.

Author's Note:

I own Edaniel. I AM HIS CREATOR MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, but don't go searching the internet, because.....you totally won't find anything there. Totally.

Please note that any people in this fanfiction are fictional and any real names used are just coincidences. Like your real name will be in here -_-

This is my first fan fiction, I am open to all criticism and need it.

I would like help from anyone who wants to help (won't be a very long list huh?)

Any inspiration would be helpful

don't hold back on the reviews

...and so it begins...