• Published 12th Sep 2013
  • 621 Views, 18 Comments

My Little Poem - MrAlbum321



A writer is drafted by Princess Celestia to record the latest adventure of Twilight Sparkle. However, he's an emotional wreck, with so many personal problems that he may fail before ever setting foot on the path's first step.

  • ...
0
 18
 621

Prologue

A stallion walked down a quiet, still street, the clip-clop from his hooves rippling along the causeway. The stallion passed a quiet, closed club, which the stallion thought was odd, considering this was the Tourist district of Canterlot. Wasn’t it evening? Then why wasn't the club open? The stallion had no answer to these questions, but he walked on anyway. Curiosity would not get the better of him, not after events earlier in the day.... the guilt began to twist his stomach—

“Excuse me, might I ask you a question?”

A mare stepped out of an alleyway in front of the stallion.

The stallion did not respond for a couple seconds. He noticed some of the salient details of the mare: no wings, no horn, but she was tall. Very tall. It almost embarrassed him how small he felt in comparison to her size. He looked away, but the mare stepped forward and into his personal space.

“Excuse me, it won’t take long,” the mare insisted. The stallion heard the eager tone and wondered what her intentions were. He sighed.

“Sure, what is it?” he asked.

“What do you think about having children?”

The dead silence turned from breezy normalcy to thicker than concrete for the stallion. He shook his head to try and clear the sudden buzzing of mental questions, who was this strange pony?! being the main one.

“What about having children are you interested in?” he asked, hoping to gain some insight into this stranger’s mind.

The mare stepped forward, her face inches from his. “I am interested in having one! Do you know a good mate?” she asked.

The stallion backed away. Fast. He turned around and began to run—

And stopped as soon as he started.

The mare was in front of him.

“Wha-but-I-howdid-Ididn’teven—” The stallion noticed a glow coming from the mare's forehead. “Bu-wha-glow-magi-bu-doesn—”

The stallion froze. Not of his own volition.

The mare squealed with delight. “Excellent response! You will be a wonderful parent!” she exclaimed as the glow from her forehead levitated the frozen stallion to her side. The mare hummed a merry tune as she went down the dark alleyway, the horn on her head phasing into the visible spectrum of light, the frozen stallion bobbing alongside her.

The streets were quiet once again.