• Published 11th Jul 2011
  • 3,065 Views, 9 Comments

Sinner in Equestria - Lord Blazer



A crash landing and the brink of death. Intervention to a precursor, leading to ancient revelations.

  • ...
3
 9
 3,065

Prologue - The Welcome

'It's strange, how things crisscross and completely unravel in the end,' I thought to myself as I stared at the loose paneling, sparkling wires, destroyed panels and consoles of my ship's bridge. 'To think, that it all started with a simple desire…' I trailed off mentally before I shook my head, slowly circling the destroyed bridge.

I ran a hand over a darkened monitor, numerous cracks running up and down the screen, the cracked glass reflecting the frowning visage of my face. Ruffled, medium length brown hair and tired, grey eyes stared back at me.

Shifting my gaze, I withdrew my hand before turning towards to what was the "Captain's Chair" on the Bridge, positioned in the middle of the bridge and in clear sight of the bridge's view-port. The chair was slightly crooked but looked steady enough on the circular and elevated platform that it rested on.

I slowly approached the chair and ran a hand up and down, feeling the cracked, luxurious leather of what used to be my seat.

The ship suddenly lurched, forcing me to hold on to the chair as I turned my gaze toward the view-port, showing me the clear view of a planet, one who's gravitational field had caught my ship in.

I closed my eyes and slid into the chair, the turbulence steadily getting worse with each passing second as my hands fastened the chair's tattered restraining belt around my waist, tightening the belt with a makeshift knot.

As I sat in my seat, staring at the impending harbinger of death to me and the ship as the planet's gravity kept pulling. I knew that my ship wouldn't survive entering the planet's atmosphere in its current state, and neither would I.

'A fitting end for myself,' I thought before I licked my lips, "Well, old girl, this is it. Thank you, for serving me well in my travels," I said as I blinked and saw that the ship was now entering the planet's atmosphere, intense flames licking and deteriorating the ship further. I weakly threw up my arms up, flinching from the sudden sparks raining down on me.

The angry hot rain of sparks subsided, and I lowered my hands as I turned my gaze back towards the view-port, I caught a glimpse of bright pastel colors through a momentary gap in the flames, and within a second the entire view-port's glass was covered by the flames.

"And I'm sorry for everything," I finished as I started to feel the flame's heat, the bridge's view-port glass slowly giving way and melting under the flame's passionate touch.

The last thing that I saw before closing my eyes, were the intense flames that herald both my entrance and death in this planet.


*~*~*~*

Nopony could believe it, yet there it was as they stared towards the heavens. A giant flaming comet was streaking across the sky, disintegrating before their very eyes, and causing the pegasi to scatter out of the mass' way before it was too late.

Several pegasi turned their gazes towards the flaming ball, gasping loudly as it dwarfed Ponyville, casting its dark shadow over the town before continuing its suicidal descent towards the earth. A few of the pegasi sighed in relief, comforted by the fact that the town was unharmed, yet various other pegasi kept their gaze on the comet as it headed for the Everfree Forest.

The red hot comet continued unimpeded in its fiery descent, roaring as if in pain as it kept disintegrating from the sheer heat, its roar reaching a crescendo before crashing into the castle ruins, obliterating them from existence. The shock wave from the crash toppled weak and decayed trees, causing them to crash into the sturdy trees and explode in showers of decayed bark and wood.

Dirt flew into the air, casting a light shadow to what was now a crater before gravity pulled it down, quickly pelting the area with dirt. And as soon as it happened, it was over.

The entire Everfree Forest sans the crater became silent and still, only the sound of loud hissing could be heard near the crater, the sound of water rapidly cooling heated metal.


*~*~*~*

The soft beating of wings shattered the silence of the forest, steadily growing louder before stopping, four gentle clops being the tell tale sign of a winged pony landing. Several more clops followed, and the sound of wing beats in the air renewed as worried and curious pegasi neared the forest, closing in on the crater.

One hoof carefully stepped on the crater's edge, pink eyes gazed inside the crater and slightly widened at seeing what the 'comet' really was. The wreck was easily half the size of Canterlot, its jagged and melted edges told the pony that what she was seeing was only a part of something much bigger, and such implications worried her.

It made anything her people made puny in comparison as she continued to stare at it, the oddly colored grey metal glowed red hot but the rising water in the crater's bottom kept cooling it rapidly, the hissing being joined by the beats of wings and clops of either pegasi landing or pony's arriving at the crash site.

A singed white logo on one of the wreckage's sides caught her eyes, of a five fingered hand grasping a globe, a white banner under it adorned with strange markings. "Princess Celestia!" yelled the familiar voice of her beloved student, the princess simply turning her head and gazing at her student and friends with a gentle smile.

"I trust everyone is alright, my faithful student?" she inquired, her student's nod bringing her comfort at knowing that nopony was hurt. Celestia made a simple gesture with one wing, wanting her student and friends to observe what exactly streaked through their skies, turning her gaze back into the crater's bottom.

Soon, the supreme co-ruler of Equestria was surrounded by her student and said student's friends, who gasped in shock at seeing such a gigantic mass of constructed metal, even the random pink one was held in shock of such a sight.

"What in tarnation is that?" muttered the orange colored filly, Applejack if she recalled correctly, to herself before her student and her friends broke out in speculative whispering between themselves. The Princess turned and nodded gently to her winged guards, their gold armor glinting as they glided into the crater.

A sudden screech of metal against metal made the guards halt their approach, hovering warily. Slowly, one section of the metallic object's side started to move, the metallic screeching getting louder as the metal slab slid and seemingly disappeared into the metal, a pair of five fingered and furless hands grabbed and held on the edges of the entryway.

All eyes were on the new creature that was desperately holding on to the edge as it stood on a pair of shaky legs, dressed in what she guessed to be the remains of a grey uniform. The two legged being's face was covered by its brown mane of fur, its body shaking terribly as loud hacks and coughs filled the air, a hand covering what she guessed to be its mouth, before they subsided.

Only the sound of water rushing past the bipedal critter's legs and the strong beats of various pegasi wings filled the air, causing the creature to turn its head upward into the sky, its grey orbs widening and showing its face to everypony. The ruler of Equestria could not tell if it was from shock or temporary disgust that several ponies gasped, at seeing the grime covered and bloodied face.

The strange being coughed once more, shaking more powerfully as both its hands covered its mouth, blood seeping through the fingers and dripping steadily into the water, slightly diluting the water around it in a dull pink color. It grasped the edge once more with a bloodied hand and almost lost its grip, securing itself somewhat the creature turned its gaze once more towards everypony.

It had a grim and bloody smile on its face, as blood kept bubbling through its mouth. It licked its mouth, momentarily clearing it of blood before it haltingly spoke, "S-S-Such a…an Honor. To have r-r-received me," the stuttering baritone voice of the creature; now identified as a male, said before he stopped as he coughed and silently shook.

He breathed deeply, shuddering before he resumed talking once more, "received me, a... S-S-Sinner," the male bipedal individual managed to say before his eyes rolled upwards, his body leaning forward and falling into the water with a splash, blood slowly pooling around his still form as chaos erupted.