• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 1,243 Views, 108 Comments

Legacy: The End of Harmony - Ficta_Scriptor



Rosa Bloom is stuck in a rut. Torn between feelings for a close friend and a life that’s going nowhere, she feels that her purpose in the world is lost. However, an unexpected series of events will change everything.

  • ...
4
 108
 1,243

Volume 1: Eruditio - Chapter 16 - Diary of a Visionary

Legacy volume 1: Eruditio

Chapter 16 – Diary of a Visionary

Melon pulled Court to one side as they exited the pub for the second time, their little bout of snooping quickly drawn to a close.

“What do you make of it?” Melon asked.

“I’m not sure,” Court confessed, wondering if the two have them should have followed up on their curiosity. “What about you?”

“No idea,” Melon admitted, tapping her chin. “Do you think we should let Rosa know?”

“I don’t really think it’s any of our business, but if she asks us, we should answer.”


“Wow! That’s so amazing!” Summer exclaimed, foalishly leaping into the air.

“Thanks, Summer.” Rosa replied. “I’m kind of excited, but also kind of nervous.”

Rosa and Summer were sat on one of the benches outside La Chocolat, each with a glass of cold lemonade.

“So when is it actually going to be?” Summer asked, slurping her drink.

“Next weekend, though I’ll be in Canterlot this weekend for the practice run. We need to make sure everything works alright with the stage, and the props, things like that. When I think of all the things that could go wrong…”

“Oh, don’t sweat it! Performing for royalty is gonna be cakewalk for a gal like you!” Summer shot her friend a quick smile, but her gaze shifted downward. “I really wish I could watch you perform.”

Rosa was silent for a moment, trying to come back with the most reasonable response. She did feel sorry for Summer, having to work for pittance with no real end in sight. But at the same time, Rosa knew she couldn’t afford the extra tickets herself, at least not with her current wages.

Sparks is pretty much rich; you could ask him, a voice at the back of her mind said. He’d do anything for you, remember? And it’s for a good cause, isn’t it?

“I’ll see what I can do,” Rosa uttered with a grin. She wasn’t sure whether she should even be asking Sparks for a favour such as this, or what his answer would be. She knew she’d have to see her colt-friend tomorrow in any case. Her mother had been asking about him for the past two days and Rosa definitely wasn’t in the mood for another motherly lecture. Sparks would need to know about the premiere anyway; it wouldn’t be right for him to be kept in the dark. Not that it had crossed her mind…

“Really?” Summer cried with a mixture of glee and disbelief. “Are you serious?”

“I’m not promising anything, but I may be able to sort something out.”

Summer crossed her forelegs on the table. “How are you going to do that?” she asked with raised eyebrows. “Not street corners I hope.”

“No, no,” Rosa chortled. “I’ll be honest, I may have to go begging from Sparks.”

Summer squinted, a wry smile appearing on her face. “I see… You’ll just have to do a bit of convincing, maybe do a few favours for the money. Seem I wasn’t far off the mark, was I?”

“Good to know you’ve not changed.” Rosa rolled her eyes and went back to her lemonade.

“So how far have you two gone?”

Rosa’s heart leapt and she sputtered a mouthful of lemonade back into the glass. As Summer giggled mischievously, Rosa coughed and patted against her chest, hoping not to have looked as stupid as she felt. “Oh, we haven’t done anything like that.”

Rosa internally face-hoofed as she realised what she’d said. Why didn’t you say something like, “It’s none of your business, nosy!” At least then she wouldn’t keep on about it!

“Are you serious!?” Summer gawped, almost choking on her own drink. “Hold up, hold up, are you really, really serious?”

“Y-Yes?” Rosa murmured, her cheeks glowing as red as her mane. “There’s nothing wrong with that, is there? It’s not like—”

“Rosa, you guys have been dating for over a month now. I know you’ll probably think this is just El Weirdo Summer with her mind in the gutter but… seriously?”

Rosa knew that it was an odd occurrence. She’d thought about it on many occasions, but she’d never gotten close – emotionally close – to Sparks. She knew that it wasn’t the same for him, though he was too good-natured (or perhaps cowardly) to flat out instigate intimacy. She’d never really been around ponies her age that had been in relationships, but even she knew that in any case, her actions, or lack thereof, would be seen as a tad prudish.

“We’ve never really had the chance,” Rosa finally answered, not entirely sure if she was lying or not. “And why the rush, anyway? It’s not we have a time limit.”

“Oh Rosa, Rosa, Rosa…” Summer said condescendingly, shaking her head. “No wonder you look so stressed out.”

“What?” Rosa shot back.

“I’d been wondering what was up with you for a little while now. I should’ve guessed the signs. Heck, I feel the same way a lot of the time so heaven knows how you’re dealing with it, being so close to him and stuff.”

So she does know something’s up, Rosa thought, feeling a slight relief that she could blame it on something completely irrelevant. “It’s nothing, really.”

“Oh don’t say that! Listen, there’s no shame in having these urges. You’re an equine the same as us all.”

“Okay, just keep your voice down!”

“See if you can do a little something when you speak to Sparks about the money,” Summer carried on, barely lowering her volume. “If it wouldn’t be too much to ask I’d like my mother to come along too. It’s been such a long time since she’s been able to get out of the house and do something worthwhile, and I know she’d love to go back to Canterlot, even if it was only for a short while. Hey, I know you haven’t met her, but you will eventually, honest.”

“Like I said, I’ll see what I can do,” Rosa said with a sigh.

“And even if you can’t get us tickets, at least let me know once you’ve had your way with Romeo. Not that I won’t be able to tell by your mood, mind you.”

A flustered Rosa buried her face into her hooves. It was this kind of situation that would make her think, This is going to be a long day, but in actual fact, time was passing rather quickly. She only needed to get through a few more days until she would be performing in Canterlot, and then there was just one week more for the play’s premiere. Subconsciously, that day was set in her mind as the day everything would begin to get better. If she kept that idea in the forefront of her mind she could get through the next week and a half without trouble.


Daisy and Speedwell Bloom were sat in bed, each silent as they contemplated the situation. Daisy fidgeted uncomfortably, her eyes closed in deep thought. Speedwell stared blankly at the wall, his eyes half-lidded. Daisy was about to speak when Speedwell held up a hoof in interruption.

“I know what you’re thinkin’, but I still say we shouldn’t tell her.”

“But this changes everything!”

“I don’t think so,” Speedwell said calmly.

“Okay, so we shouldn’t tell her, but then what do we say to her? We can’t let her go…”

“We don’t have a choice,” Speedwell muttered, finally getting out of bed. “She won’t find out, I don’t think. We can’t tell her, we can’t stop her, so like I said, we don’t have a choice.”

Just as he’d spoken it, he realised just how unsure of his own statement he was.


Rosa knocked nervously on Sparks’ front door, wondering how in Equestria she was going to ask for the favour without seeming like a needy, money-grabbing mare. She knew Summer wouldn’t make a fuss per se, but the comment she’d made about her mother not getting out the house in a long time — years from the sounds of it — was an effective emotional blackmail. She’d feel terrible if she deprived them of a luxurious day out simply because she was too frightened to ask. I shouldn’t have suggested the idea in the first place, she thought, just as the door opened and Sparks’ face came into view.

“Rosa! It’s great to see you!” he gasped, hugging her and giving a peck on the cheek.

“Likewise,” Rosa responded sheepishly. “Can I come in?”

“Sure, come right in! Can I get you anything? Tea? Water? Maybe a sandwich?”

“Uh… tea would be great, thanks.”

Rosa moved through the hallway and into Sparks’ living room, sitting on the leather sofa next to the fireplace while Sparks pottered about in the kitchen, fixing up a brew. Save for the occasional pouring of water, the tapping of Sparks’ hooves and the shifting of crockery, the house was eerily quiet.

“My folks are out at the moment,” Sparks called out nonchalantly. “So I get a nice bit of peace and quiet after my training session.”

“So… is Crane here then?”

“Nope, just us two.”

Rosa’s face grew hot as she thought of what Summer had said the day before. Even though she’d never considered making good on Summer’s advice, simply thinking about them had begun to fill her mind with thoughts of a risqué nature.

Sparks came into the room levitating a teapot and two china cups. He placed them neatly onto patterned coasters made of chipboard and took a seat next to her, casually pouring them both a drink.

“So what’s the occasion? You finally get a day off?” Sparks asked.

“Yes, finally.” Rosa purposely failed to mention the two days she’d already spent away from the theatre, the first of which had been spent nursing a hangover. “I’ve got some good news, though. Next weekend I’m off to Canterlot for the premiere of Dreamworld!”

“That’s fantastic news!” Sparks exclaimed. “I’m really proud of you!”

“Not only that, but Princess Luna will be attending.”

“You’re kidding…” he said with his jaw hanging. “Princess Luna? As in, the Princess Luna?”

“The very same.”

“Why will she be there? I mean, no disrespect, I’m sure the play is amazing, and I’m going to be there no matter what, but… Princess Luna?”

“Something about making a public gesture to the less unfortunate; it’s something like that. Floyd could probably answer that question better than me. I just thought you’d like to know about it. And um…”

“And, what?” Sparks questioned as Rosa hesitated, his body growing tense as if he was expecting something more substantial than her actual request.

“I kind of have a favour to ask.”

“Okay, go ahead.”

“I hope you don’t think I’m being inconsiderate or anything…” Sparks’ ears pricked up. “But Summer really wants to see the play, her mother too. They’re quite poor, you see, and I don’t have the money to pay for them myself. So I was wondering… and you can say no.”

Sparks snorted with laughter and began to smile. “Okay, for a second there I thought it was going to be something a whole lot worse.”

“Oh? So… you’re not mad at me?”

Sparks grinned foalishly. He stroked her mane and took a quick swig from his teacup. “No, I’m not mad. I’d happily pay for your friends to come, though will her mother be okay? I know you said she was disabled.”

“I’ve never actually met Summer’s mother, but Summer wouldn’t suggest for her to come if it was too much for her. I just thought about how she’s not really been out much, and can’t really do anything because she’s poor and disabled, and Summer has to work to support them and they have to—”

Rosa was abruptly cut off as Sparks interrupted with a long, passionate kiss, his hooves caressing her shoulders and neck. Rosa was startled, but reciprocated full-heartedly, wrapping her own hoof around his. Despite being a rare occurrence in her life so far, it felt like the most natural thing in the world in that moment. Sparks released her and looked deep into her eyes, a heart-melting smile on his face.

“That’s what I admire about you, Rosa. You’re such a kind pony even when you think you’re being selfish. It’s something I really… I can’t put it into words.”

For a brief few seconds, the worries of the past felt like a distant memory, and Rosa found herself falling deeper into a state somewhere between consciousness and sub-consciousness. Sparks kissed again, and she did the same. Their smiles dropped, their limbs relaxed, their pupils dilated, their senses heightened. Sparks began kissing her across her neck, and she leant back with her eyes closed. Cold, rational thought became but a myth to her brain.

This is it. This is it, about to happen. Am I happy? I don’t know… and yet I somehow don’t want this to end, and yet it’s only begun… I think I understand now…

Rosa fell back onto the sofa, and Sparks followed, his eyes never leaving hers. She ran her hoof across his chest, feeling exhilarated, terrified, otherworldly, and yet somehow at peace. He gave her an assuring look, ran his hoof through her mane once again and…

SLAM!

The sound of the front door closing scared them both half to death, Rosa only just holding back a high-pitched scream. They each leapt up from their current position – a tangled mess of limbs catapulting and colliding – and Rosa couldn’t react in time as her face made contact with the table sending both teacups toppling over, a pool of brown liquid meandering its way along the grooves and indentations.

“Hey, what’s going on in he—”

Crane came in through the doorway, her young, cheerful face flicking to unabashed horror in an instant. The three of them stayed stock still for what felt like an eternity, as there was no way they would ever get out of this. The truth couldn’t have been clearer.

Sparks was the first to act, grabbing a nearby cushion to hide his shame while his sister turned 180 degrees on the spot, her entire body seeming to blush. Rosa was still in a state of shock, unable to move or speak.

“J-Just so you kn-know, Mum and D-Dad will be home s-soon,” Crane said in a trembling voice, her body shaking like a leaf.

“Oh,” Sparks finally whispered in response, his eyes falling on Rosa with an expectant look.

“I… guess I’d better get going…” Rosa said, clambering down from the sofa and trying to avoid the patches of tea-stain that had appeared on the carpet. She then bolted from the house, making an effort to not even make eye contact with Crane as she left through the front door. As mortified as she was right now she dreaded to think of the unbearable atmosphere in the Fly household. She might not have any siblings, but she could imagine the levels of extreme awkwardness between brother and sister.

As she tore her way through the dimly lit streets Rosa slowed to a mere stroll and began laughing uncontrollably. Regardless of how embarrassing the whole ordeal was it was the most alive she’d felt for… for longer than she would like to admit. She was nearly in tears, the faces of nearby ponies who probably thought she was an escapee from the nut house (not that there was any place like that that she was aware of) blurred in her vision.

Thinking back on Crane’s adorable, innocent face as it exploded with colour… Sparks’ completely unsubtle attempt to hide his ‘excited’ state… The inevitable cluelessness of the parents as they ventured home… She may not have accomplished what Summer would have liked her to, but whatever had happened seemed like the funniest thing on the planet right now.

Managing to hide her mirth as she slipped into Bloom’s Books and up the stairs to her room, Rosa had stopped thinking about Nico and her predicament without even realising it.

Once she’d calmed down, she thought over the past events with a discerning eye. She’d nearly… Well, her and Sparks had nearly… It was almost unthinkable. It wasn’t something that was planned, but if it wasn’t for Crane’s sudden arrival she probably wouldn’t be a virgin anymore. In a sense, it scared her that she’d come so close after barely spending a few minutes with Sparks. She’d always been one to harshly judge stallions and mares who bragged about their exploits, treating each ‘time’ as a badge of honour. The ones who actively sought it out disturbed her too, which she guessed had to include Summer. Summer wasn’t a bad pony though. In fact, beyond the flamboyant exterior she was probably one of the most good-natured, trustworthy ponies around. So in that sense, she knew better than to look down on such ponies.

Why did that happen? she thought, led flat on her bed. I could have told him to stop, that I didn’t think it was a good idea, that I wasn’t ready yet… I could have said any of those things, but I didn’t. I should have, I guess. I just kind of lost the will to resist it. Why?

Rosa’s thoughts on Sparks had been a rocky road, with her other feelings tugging and clawing at her image of him. There were times she didn’t want to be near him, times when she thought she was finally beginning to fall for him and other times when she’d think that she was just trying to convince herself of that idea.

Was what I felt natural? she mused, trying to make sense of it all. It happened so ridiculously easily, so spontaneously, and I’ve never been spontaneous. I wish I had somepony I could talk to without feeling awkward about it, but I don’t know of any. Summer’s views are skewed enough as they are, though I’ll have to tell her what happened today if she ever asks me. Talking to Sparks about it would just be… odd. Mum and Dad? That would be hell. Spike’s a dragon, and a male dragon at that. I couldn’t really speak to Court or Melon without creating some kind of unbelievable tension. Clover’s smart, but she’s never had a colt-friend and she’s probably even more pure-minded than I am. Nico…

Rosa stopped, her brain coming down to normal speed. She’d stopped thinking about Nico for what was for her, a long time. Now she thought of what she’d seen at the Brightly Coloured Horse. Nico was seeing somepony, she just knew it. Or was he? Was he doing something else, something completely innocent?

Oh come off it, she told herself. As if meeting other mares isn’t innocent. He can do whatever he likes, it’s just that you are getting all jealous. Though if he had been going on dates she considered that she would have heard about it by now.

Strangely, mulling over this didn’t bother her as much as it had before. After what she’d experienced — or nearly experienced — with Sparks, it dawned on her that she may actually be in this relationship for good reason. And if Nico was seeing somepony, what right would she have to be angry if she was having relations with Sparks? Things would get better, and she would laugh about it all in months to come. All she would need to worry about was remembering her lines on stage in Canterlot. That was all.


“All aboard!”

The train became very cramped, very quickly as the entire entourage of the Dreamworld club squeezed their way inside, filling up nearly every available seat on each carriage. Many commuters looked on in a mixture of annoyance and awe, their precious Saturday morning journey turning out to be far less quiet than they had anticipated.

Rosa had fortunately snagged a seat next to Melon while Court was forced to sit next to a huffy looking business pony who could very well have never heard of the word ‘fun’. Clover was in another carriage, supposedly. Rosa hadn’t quite seen where she’d gone after they’d passed over their tickets.

Many of the props, costumes and other such things had already been dispatched while they all had their three day break, Floyd had informed them. It did mean that they would have to rehearse without a lot of what they’d worked with once they were back in Ponyville, but given that they’d never be performing there again after the premiere it wasn’t seen as too much of a bother.

To get to the station in Southern Canterlot they needed to travel to the main station that Rosa had been to before, then catch another ride to the other sector. Both journeys together would take just over two hours in total, so there was plenty of time to kill. Many of them were flicking through their copies of the script, even though they probably knew it in its entirety by now. It was a mostly silent voyage until Melon popped an unusual question.

“Did you want to talk about the other night? What was up with you?”

Startled, Rosa couldn’t answer at once. She could swear that she saw Court mime a neck-cutting gesture just as she turned. “Sorry about that. I was panicking for no reason; it’s fine.” In a way, she was fine, but she still didn’t want to talk about it.

“Are you sure?” Melon asked.

Once again, Rosa thought she saw a certain gesture from Court’s direction. “Yes, I’m sure. I do think I got a little too drunk that night, though. I’m not like that all the time, honest.”

“It’s nothing, we’re not judging you for something like that,” Court piped up with a little too enthusiastically, the business pony at his side giving him a scorching glare.

The journey was completed without a hitch, and before she knew it Rosa was shuffling her way through the crowds at the Southern Canterlot station. It wasn’t as busy as it was at the central station, but it was still far from peaceful.

The décor was a little less grand than the other, with simple lamps and brick walls at the sides of each room. There were only three platforms, each of them housed in the same tunnel. There was a distinct absence of Royal presence here; no pictures or plinths of Celestia or Luna could be seen anywhere.

It was hard for them all to stay as a group, Roadie bellowing on Floyd’s behalf for them to meet outside the entrance. It was easily done, with a layout very similar to the one in Ponyville. What wasn’t as easy was the long walk from the station to the theatre. For many, it was difficult because of the sheer distance, but for Rosa it was difficult because of her need to walk quickly being held back by the plodding pace of other ponies. Holding back the urge to bolt ahead of the group just to expel some energy, (or perhaps it was just a sign of impatience, though she didn’t consider that of herself) Rosa walked in front alongside Court, Melon, and some of the stage-hoofs, with Roadie leading the way.

Though most of Canterlot had been built around and into the mountain it was plain to see that they were venturing further down towards sea-level. If they looked up they could see much of the rest of the city, its hulking stone frame looking as if it was teetering on the edge, about to collapse on top of them, but Rosa reminded herself that the city had been standing for hundreds, if not thousands of years without falling apart.

The streets were comparatively quiet. Had they needed to perform at the Royal Canterlot Auditorium they would most likely have been swamped at this point. The streets were much more ‘Ponyville-sized’ though the surrounding architecture still very much resembled central Canterlot, except the buildings themselves seemed somewhat smaller.

This was Court’s first trip to Canterlot, which he made very apparent by ‘ooh-ing’ and ‘ah-ing’ at every turn.

“Is it just me or is this city so bright? I mean of course it’s daytime but still, it seems so bright here. Did I mention this is my first time here? When do we get to meet Luna? Sorry, Princess Luna.”

On their way they passed a beautiful field with pebbled paths and stone fountains shaped like each of the pony races, water spurting from their eroded, grey mouths. No alicorns, though, Rosa noticed, beginning to think that this really was like a whole other world here in the south of the city.

After a solid forty minutes of walking, (which would have been twenty minutes if Rosa had her way) they finally reached the theatre. The outside walls were pastel blue with primrose coloured pillars that lined the entrance and the corners of the building. There was a large hanging sign that said ‘THEATRE’ in big red letters but what caught everypony’s eye was the billboard to the left side of the entrance with posters of upcoming performances, with Dreamworld being at the dead centre.

Speed picked up as they all swarmed around it, gasping and nattering elatedly. It showed Veracity and Reverie (The likenesses much more similar to those in the book rather than Court or Melon) stood on a hilltop, looking out over the fields and houses below them. Akin to the novel’s front cover, the land grew more irregular and misshapen the further it was from the pair, with swirling patterns and grand paint strokes. In the sky, there was an outline that resembled Esmeralda, with stars outlining her facial features. Below the poster was a banner that read: ‘Witness the premiere 17:00 Saturday the 19th of May with honoured guest Princess Luna.’ Below the banner was a picture of Luna in Royal garb, looking out over a balcony.

“Don’t you think we should all step inside?” Floyd asked, him and Roadie stood away from the group, about to push open the door. “We have a lot to do.”


12th May

First rehearsals in Canterlot. Despite a few issues with misplaced props and some slight changes because of the theatre’s larger stage they were able to carry on without any problems. The performances were close to flawless by both teams of actors. I can hardly believe that only 2 months ago this was merely an idea. I have Roadie to thank for pushing me to make it a reality.

I hear that they’ve settled on ticket prices of 35 bits, which they say is low enough for anypony to afford, though I doubt they’d truly understand that what with living in gold-plated houses for most of their lives. 50% of that goes to the theatre, 5% split between myself and Roadie and the other 45% split between the performers. As much as I’ve tried to negotiate a fixed payment they say they can’t consider it until they know how big an audience they’ll get, despite the fact they’ve got Princess Luna coming along, and have even put today’s shows on hold just for us. I think it’s all talk.

The theatre holds a maximum of 550 ponies, which equates to 19 250 bits in overall sales. That would mean 481 bits for myself for each show we put on which is more than I could have ever asked for. If all goes well we should be able to organise mid-week showings and start work on our next production, though I have no idea what that could be. Dreamworld is going to be an extremely difficult act to follow, though maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.

13th May

I got to meet Princess Luna herself today and was pleasantly surprised. She’s even more beautiful and elegant in person than she is in photographs. She was incredibly kind and told me that she was feverishly anticipating this Saturday. I’m not sure if she was just being polite, but I wouldn’t have been offended either way. It’s not every day one gets to meet royalty.

I’ve been thinking about what works we could base our next play on and have stumbled across a delightful book called ‘From Within’. I could easily place some of my current actors as characters, namely Rosa, Melon, Courtney, Clover and Kanji. I may need to hire even more at a later date, but that’s not a worry for now.

14th May

Back in Ponyville, back to dreary weather. Still, I’m not letting the rain dampen my mood. My time spent in Canterlot was everything I hoped it to be.

Ponies might ask why I’ve been keeping a diary over these past few months, and I’d like to say that it’s because I’m deep and thoughtful rather than the fact that I can hopefully use it in a future autobiography when I’m rich and famous.

Pink Floyd: From Dreamer to

Floyd: Back to Reality

From Dreamworld to King of the World: The story of Pink Floyd

I’ll think of a name some other time.

15th May

No rehearsals today. Not because I think they need a break, but because I need a break. I spent most of the day flicking through ‘From Within’. It’s decent enough, but I still want something better. I was thinking about doing a historical play with subtle twists on true events, but I’m wondering if that’s too difficult a task.

I keep thinking about Princess Luna. I don’t recall her ever having a prince.

Note to self: Become a prince.

16th May

I had a dream last night where I’m sat in the Southern Canterlot theatre, and the audience are all on their back hooves giving a standing ovation. I can only hope that this is a sign of the future.

I received a very enthusiastic letter today telling me that 90% of available seats have been booked already, and this is dated two days ago. I’m not sure if I could be happier.

Rehearsals have gone well today despite the missing props, and we managed another full run-through with the substitute actors. Part of me hopes that we never need to use them; the chemistry between Courtney, Melon and Rosa is undeniable. To think that Rosa wasn’t even planning on auditioning makes me wonder if there is a God up there making things happen for me. If there is, thank you.

17th May

Not long now. I had to chase up about the train tickets for my performers but thankfully it’s all been arranged.

Rehearsals almost seem redundant at this point; everypony knows this play inside and out and I’m ever so proud of them. If we’re successful I’ll have to thank each of them in turn for their work. I can barely sleep now as I’m so excited.

18th May

The premiere is tomorrow and everything is in place. The atmosphere amongst the performers is electric. Months of hard graft, stress and headaches for them all is finally going to pay off for all of us. Some are feeling nervous, but it’s to be expected. I have faith in everypony to give Canterlot the greatest stage show in the history of Equestria. Maybe that’s expecting a bit too much, but then I also never expected us to get to the point we are now.

They’ve spent more time talking about it with each other than actually rehearsing today, but I don’t blame them for it. We’re all excited.

As I write this it’s just gone past 11 at night and I’m still wide awake. The train we need to catch is at 9:06 am, so I’ve set two alarms for the morning. I’m tempted to get a snack from downstairs but I know that’ll only make things worse.

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.