• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 18,146 Views, 1,183 Comments

Me and Mr. B - Onomonopia

  • ...
35
 1,183
 18,146

His Wrath

Dinky groaned weakly as she opened her eyes, blinking a few times before covering her face with one of her hooves. Once she could see properly again, she realized that she was looking up into the eyes of Mr. Bubbles, who was looking down at her with worry. She groaned and slowly sat up in his hand, looking around to realize that they were by a lake in the forest.

"Mr. Bubbles?" she asked him as she tried to get down, but he tightened his grip on her. "Ugh, what happened? Last thing I remember is those Pegasus bothering my mom and..." Dinky's eyes widened as she slowly looked around with fear. "Wait, where is my mom? Where is everypony?" Then she slowly looked up at him and realized what must have happened. "Please Mr. B, please tell me that you didn't get involved." Mr. Bubbles said nothing, he only stood up and placed her on top of his helmet as he began to walk deeper into the forest.

"Put me down!" she yelled at him after a moment of walking. Mr. Bubbles came to a stop and knelt down so that she could get off and she jumped down before turning to give him a look. "I told you to stay in the alley way! Now that the ponies have seen you, they're probably all panicking and...and..." Her eyes went as wide as they could as she looked down at his drill, which she just now noticed was covered in blood and from how it looked it was still fresh. "You didn't...please tell me you didn't..." Mr. Bubbles said nothing in reply, he only held out his hand and made a small moan to her.

"NO! I won't go now!" she yelled as she slowly backed away from him, tears forming in her eyes as she figured out what he had done. "You didn't have to go that far! You shouldn't have!" Mr. Bubbles let out a moan and walked towards her, but stopped when she screamed at him again. He looked down at her in confusion, never having this kind of reaction from a little sister before. He didn't know how he had upset her, but he knew that he had and it made him hurt. He flashed his green eyes before getting onto one knee again, trying to show that he was sorry. But before Dinky said anything, a blast of magic struck Mr. Bubbles in the back and caused him to roar in pain and rage. His eyes changed to a crimson red as he spun to face whoever dared to attack him.

"So you are the beast that killed three ponies and stole this filly from its mother," the white alicorn said as she floated above him, glaring at him with a look of rage that was matched by the Big Daddy. "You must be new to this land. So let me show you what happens when you slaughter the innocent and foal nap." Her horn crackled with power as she fired a spell right into Mr. Bubble’s chest, sending him staggering back as the magic flooded through him. He looked back up at her with a roar, but his attention shifted from her to Dinky, who was trying to get Celestia's attention. He had past experience with ranged foes and he knew that there was a chance his little sister might get hit in the fight. So he spun around with a moan and scooped Dinky into his arms before running off into the forest.

"Get back here you monster!" Celestia roared in rage before she took off after him, firing magic down from above as she tried to hit the metal monster. 'This thing is much faster than I would have given it credit for. But it is still a danger and it must be stopped.'

"Mr. Bubbles stop!" Dinky yelled at him as he weaved in between the trees to dodge the spells being fired at him, trying to get the flying creature down to a point where he could get it with his drill. It was obvious that this splicer wanted his little sister, but this kind of splicer was new to him. Not that it mattered, all splicers ended up the same when they fought him. Celestia fired a spell that shot up a wall of flame in front of the Big Daddy, forcing him to turn and deviate from his path. "Mr. Bubbles, you have to put me down and surrender! It's the only way that she will stop!" Instead of stopping, Mr. Bubbles slammed his drill into a boulder and sent it flying up at the alicorn, who blasted it out of the air with her magic.

"Hold still beast and I may just spare you!" Celestia roared as she began firing to the sides of the creature, trying to corral him to go in a certain direction. 'The Elements and my sister will be in Ponyville soon and with their help I should be able to capture the beast. For the time being I just need to keep it contained.' But Mr. Bubbles had no interest in being contained and as he saw the town out of one of his ports, he turned on a dime and ran towards the town, enduring the spells that hit him as best he could. Ponies screamed as he came barreling down the street, knocking carts and ponies to the side as he looked around.

"What are you doing?" Dinky asked him as he untucked her from his arm and placed her under a staircase, turning his eyes green for her before he turned back to face the white alicorn as she floated down in front of him.

"So now you decide to stop?" she asked with a growl. "Where others could be hurt? You are a monster." Mr. Bubbles roared and charged at her, his drill whirring menacingly as attacked. Celestia threw up a barrier to protect her, smirking as his drill bounced off the shield before she shot him in the chest with a spell, sending him skidding back. "I know not what kind of beast you are, but your reign of terror ends here."

"Princess Celestia," Ditzy said as she ran up to the princess, looking past the monster to see Dinky under the stairs. "DINKY!" She tried to fly towards her daughter, but Mr. Bubbles saw where she was looking and quickly spun around to where Dinky was, picking up the struggling filly and placing her on top of his head. "Celestia, that thing has my daughter. What do we do?" Celestia narrowed her eyes at the beast before a small smile crossed her face.

"It's trying to use her as a shield, but I think I can get around it," she said as she began another spell. "You will have to trust me on this one, but your daughter will be fine." She fired her spell as she said this at Dinky, but much to her surprise the monster turned his body so he intercepted the attack, roaring as he staggered to one knee. "Hold still!" This time once she had fired the spell, it did hit Dinky, who blinked twice before falling off the creature. Celestia caught her with her magic and gently lowered her to the ground.

"What did you do to her?" Ditzy asked with fear in her voice.

"Worry not, it is only a freezing spell," Celestia said. "It is designed to give the impression that she is dead. Now he will not use her as a shield." Celestia braced herself for the monsters next move, but to her shock the creature completely ignored her and walked over to the frozen filly, kneeling down as he tried to get Dinky to move. It gently placed a hand on the stunned filly's face, trying to get some kind of reaction out of her and when it finally gave up it let out a moan to the sky, causing Celestia to feel a bit...guilty. Then it slowly turned towards her, all eight of its eyes glowing with red rage.

"Alright, creature, you should just-" Her words were cut off as the creature slammed its drill into the ground with enough force to knock all the ponies off their hooves, Celestia included. The moment she hit the ground Mr. Bubbles charged towards her with his drill at full speed, barely giving her enough time to throw up a shield to protect herself. The creature slammed its drill into her shield, barely making a dent. But to her horror it continued the assault, hitting the shied with such force that bits of the drill began to break as it slammed the drill into her shield over and over again.

"W-what are you doing?" she growled before the barrier began to crack. The Big Daddy brought his arm back and waited until he was at full rotation before he drove the drill into her barrier, shattering it with a roar of rage. She caught the drill with her magic and struggled to keep it from reaching her face, shocked by how strong this creature suddenly was. Then out of the corner of her eye she saw it raise its left hand, a hand that had electricity crackling all along it. She realized what it was going to do, but knew that with all of her focus on the drill she couldn't stop the electricity.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" The Big Daddy was blasted off of Celestia by a bolt of darkness, sending him staggering back as he roared in rage. Celestia shakily got to her hooves as a dark alicorn landed besides her, looking at the metal monster with the same rage as Celestia had. "Are you alright my sister?" Luna asked Celestia, who shook her head.

"I am fine, but I would not have been had you not shown up," Celestia said before she heard another roar, turning to see the beast attacking the both of them. Celestia and Luna combined their magic and fired it at the creature in one blast of power, but the Big Daddy thrust his drill into the magic and spun, causing the magic to fly off at angles that struck the town around them.

"What is this thing, sister?" Luna asked as she and Celestia took to the sky.

"I do not know nor can I understand it," she said before flying out of the way of multiple lightning attacks. The creature then roared and pointed his hand at them again, but this time it was bolts of ice that shot towards them. "I was managing it just fine until I froze the filly so it couldn't use her as a shield, then it suddenly became this wrath induced beast I am fighting!" Luna had no idea what this thing was, but she had an idea on how to learn about it.

"Can you keep it busy while I try to get inside its head?" she asked her sister, who nodded and re-engage the metal monster, giving Luna the time she needed to prepare a spell. She turned into a wisp of darkness and slipped through one of the creature's eye ports, barely making it through. Celestia pounded it with her magic, but quickly found that spells that had previously hindered it now only made it angrier. Luna, on the other hoof, had just managed to get inside the creatures mind.

"Alright, let's see why this creature is attacking," she muttered before she got swarmed by the creature's emotions, causing her to gasp as she felt them. She could feel its pain as Celestia bombarded it with her spells, causing it to roar. She could also feel its rage, the rage that it was directing at her sister with such resolve that Luna knew that only death would stop it. But then it felt and emotion that dwarfed the other two, an emotion that was so great that she quickly forgot about the other two. That emotion was the beast sorrow, the sorrow and grief it felt at the loss of the filly. Sorrow that it had failed to save her life.

"How...can this be?" she asked herself as the grief continued to wash over her. "How can it feel so strongly for a filly that it was using as a shield?" She then realized what she had to do to stop the creature and she exited its mind, finding herself on the battlefield again as Celestia tried blasting the Big Daddy with her magic, only to watch as he charged through it with rage. "Celestia, I know how to stop the beast!" Luna called out to her sister, who flew over to her quickly.

"I am glad you do, because nothing I hit this creature with seems to hurt it," she growled as the creature charged towards her again.

"You used a freezing spell on that filly right?" Luna asked as she looked over towards the stunned filly with her mother kneeling next to it. "You need to reverse the spell and quick, or else I believe that this creature will not stop until it has killed you." Celestia looked at her sister in confusion before she nodded and flew over to the filly. The Big Daddy tried to follow her, but Luna landed in front of him. "Not yet. You must get be me first!" she yelled. The Big Daddy roared in reply and slammed into her barrier, sending ice and lightning from his hand into her barrier while his drill began to pierce the shield.

'How can this creature feel such emotion for that filly?' Luna thought before her barrier was ripped open by the creatures drill. It punched her in the face with its left hand and knocked her to the ground, placing a boot on her chest as it brought the drill back, all eight of its red eyes glaring down at her.

"MR. BUBBLES, STOP!" The creature stopped it's drill right in front of Luna's face as it slowly moved its body up, looking across the street at the gray filly that stood there. He let out a moan before removing his boot from Luna and walked over to the filly, his eyes changing to green as he knelt in front of her. "It's okay Mr. Bubbles, I'm fine," Dinky said with a smile as she held onto his hand. "Just please stop fighting." The creature let out a small moan and gently picked her up to place her on his shoulder.

"How did you know that would work?" Celestia asked as she walked next to her sister, who was trying not to think of what would have happened if the filly hadn't stopped the drill in time.

"When I went inside his mind, I found that he felt an insane amount of grief for the filly, which it believed to be dead," Luna explained with a sigh. "So I figured that the filly might be the only way to calm it down and it seems I was right." The two princesses then slowly approached the creature, whose eyes flashed red as they approached and it roared.

"No! Bad Mr. B!" Dinky yelled as she jumped on his helmet, causing the eyes to change to yellow before it stopped growling.

"Little one, why does the beast listen to you?" Celestia asked Dinky, who looked at them with hesitation before her mother came running up again.

"Why does that creature still have my daughter?" she asked the princesses before looking to Dinky. "Dinky, you need to get away from that creature right now!"

"Actually mom, I need to stay here," she said as she looked around at all the panicking ponies and the destruction. "I think I'm the only one who can keep Mr. Bubbles calm." Luna and Celestia raised an eyebrow at the name, but they knew that they had bigger things to discuss.

"Dinky...why does this beast listen to you?" Celestia asked her. Mr. Bubbles turned and took up a defensive stance, causing the filly on its back to sigh.

"Let's go home. There's a lot I need to tell you guys about."