• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 18,208 Views, 1,183 Comments

Me and Mr. B - Onomonopia

  • ...
35
 1,183
 18,208

Big Daddy

'So here we are again,' the silver mare said to Bubbles, who groaned as he picked himself off of what he assumed was the ground, since it was made of silver and blended in perfectly with everything else around him. He got to his feet to see the silver mare standing in front of him, her hood down again so that her mane was resting on her shoulders. 'But this time I have the feeling that you are fine with being dead, are you not?' Bubbles let out a small moan as he looked at his body, noticing that all the wounds he had were gone and his helmet had been repaired. He looked to the mare, wondering if she was the one behind his miraculous repairs.

'No, the reason you are in your old state is because you have passed on,' she said to him, looking around the room with her silver eyes. 'Well, you should have passed on, but for a strange reason, you came here instead, to where I was created. But I know why that is. It is because of that golden item on your shoulder.' Bubbles looked down at the shoulder pad as best he could, noticing that power was still flooding through it despite it no longer glowing. 'But that is what confuses me. It is said that item will only choose a pony or person who is of the truest good and the embodiment of what it stands for. Yet you are nothing like the heroes of the human world that I have read about. Why did it pick you?'

Bubbles shrugged as he looked around the silver room, wondering if this was the afterlife. He didn't care what the silver mare had said, but he figured that she was right about this being a place in between life and death. After all, death couldn't be this boring. The silver mare noticed that he was looking around at the empty room and she sighed.

'I think the reason you came here instead of heading straight to the afterlife is because you have the will to make that choice,' she said as she looked behind her, where Bubbles could see far off in the distance a golden kingdom filled with beauty, a place that he never thought he would have the choice to go. But then he noticed that the silver mare was also looking behind him and when he turned around he saw something else. It was Ponyville and not just the entire town, but also he could see Dinky. She looked sad and depressed, not to mention he could tell by her red eyes that she had been crying. 'Of course she has. It has been a week there since you gave your life to destroy the city of the dead. Time moves differently here than it does in other places. But she is also another reason you haven't moved on. Because that doll,' she said as Bubbles looked down at the doll. 'It is your tether to life. It is your tether to her.' Bubbles looked back from her to the portal behind the mare, knowing what she was asking him to pick.

'So here is my question. Do you choose to go back and be with her, even though it prevent you being reunited with your little sister for even longer?' the silver mare asked him. 'Or do you choose the afterlife, where you will be free of all...' She stopped talking when she realized that Bubbles had ignored her and was walking towards Dinky, causing a small smile to spread on the face of the mare. 'A good choice. Very well Bubbles, I will assist you in returning to her. You have earned your happiness.' Her whole body glowed with silvery power as she said this and with one flash, everything was consumed by silver energy.

===K>

Dinky had barely any life in her the past week, having spent most of it at home with her family and friends mourning. She had waited for hours on the edge of that beach after Celestia and Luna had felt the weapon go off, but as the hours turned to days, she and the princesses knew what had happened. So she had to return home with the knowledge that she hadn't been there for him, that he had to face his city alone. Ditzy had kept her from going to school for a while, but she had to move on, no matter how hard it was. He died so that she could be happy; she had to honor his last wish as best she could. So that is where she found herself on this gray day as she and the other foals left the school, walking home with her head down as her friends did the best they could to comfort her.

"Are you sure you don't want to come hang out with us?" AB asked her, getting a small shake of Dinky's head as her answer. "We don't have to do any crusading, we can just do something fun." Dinky shook her head once again and AB backed off, giving Sweetie a chance to try.

"How about a movie? There are some really good ones coming out now," she suggested, but got the same answer as AB had gotten. Scootaloo didn't bother to try, since she knew that she would get the same reaction as well, but that didn't stop Pip.

"Dinky, if you want to be alone we'll respect that, but if you need a pony to talk to, we're all here for you," he offered her. She smiled slightly at his offer but shook her head as well. She then stopped in the street and looked into the distance, looking at a small forest that she hadn't been back to in a few weeks despite it being her favorite place to play. She then waved slightly to the others and began to walk towards it, trying to keep her mind of the Big Daddy.

'He's gone Dinky, you have to accept that,' she thought to herself, but instead of comforting her all it did was cause tears to fall from her face. She hadn't been paying attention to where she had been walking and found herself in the forest she had wanted to go to quicker than she thought. 'He may not have been here long, but in the short time that he was he was already a father to me. He was kind...to me and patent...for me at least, but just because he wasn't perfect doesn't mean that I didn't love him. I wish that I had told him that. I wish I had.'

'He knew.' Dinky spun around to see the silver mare standing behind her, this time wearing the hood Dinky had suggested for her. 'He held on to the doll you gave him no matter what he went up against. In fact, your love was what gave him the strength to overcome his greatest weakness and to stand up to his greatest foe. Without your love, he would have failed.'

"Thank you for the kind words," Dinky said softly as she sat down on the ground, more tears falling from her eyes. "But that confirms what I feared, doesn't it? He's dead." Then to Dinky's surprise, the silver mare began to chuckle to herself slightly, which was creepy since her mouth and body didn't move.

'Did I say he was dead? I don't believe I did,' she muttered with a smile as Dinky looked at her with some confusion. Then she looked down and realized that the ground was shaking slightly, shaking as if something...heavy was heading her way. She turned around in desperate hope as she heard something moving through the trees behind her. 'He may have died, but a will like his never stays down. Trust me, I know.' Dinky's eyes widened in shock as she saw the eight glowing eyes through the darkness of the trees, a smile spreading on her face while more tears streamed down her face as the metal man walked out of the trees.

"MR. BUBBLES!" she yelled as she threw herself at him, banging into his armor and falling to the ground with an "oomph." She got up quickly and wrapped herself around his leg, sobbing and laughing at the same time. "You're alive! You're alive! Come on, we have to go show mom and auntie Berry. Heck, let's show the entire town!" She climber up onto Bubbles head while still laughing as he headed to the town, both of them forgetting the mare that watched them go with an inner smile.

'I am glad to see that he has found happiness,' she thought to herself as she looked up at the sky with some confusion. 'But I do not understand why he was able to access the item when the more noble champions before him couldn't? I was beginning to think that I was simply running in circles, but then he showed me that they can be re-forged. But how could the other heroes fail? Could it be that they weren't as noble as I thought?...Or maybe...it is not the perfect ones who can access their power, but those who are flawed, those who have to overcome their weakness to truly be strong? If that is the case, then I will have to change my approach to who I consider for being a champion. But I know that the Kryptonian is one that I must try.' She looked back towards Bubbles as she said this, who had just reached the edge of town with Dinky telling all who were close that he was back.

'Enjoy your life Bubbles. Hopefully one day I will be able to call on you again.' She vanished into thin air as she said this, leaving Dinky and Bubbles to be swarmed by the ponies of the town.

===20yrs===

In a small home on the edge of town, a grey mare with equally greying hair was in the kitchen fixing up a new recipe that she had been wanting to try. With a wipe of her fore head she took a break for a moment, looking out the window across the small town that she had spent all of her life in. It had been a quiet life, but not an uneventful one. But those thoughts were striped from her head as she heard the sound of heavy feet walking towards her house, telling her that her family had come to see her.

"Hey mom!" a voice called out from the living room as the door opened and as Ditzy turned around a small filly with a grey coat that had brown spots on it came running into the room, tackling the aging mare with a huge smile.

"Hi grammy!" the little one said as she hugged Ditzy, who returned the hug.

"Hello there Dippy, have you been a good girl?" Ditzy asked as she walked out of the kitchen, looking upon her small family that sat upon the couch with a smile. Dinky had grown into a fine mare and was Ditzy's pride, while Pip had grown into a giant of a stallion in twenty years. And then there was Bubbles, who stood next to the couch in his golden armor and his polished drill. When the years had finally taken their toll on his armor, the princesses had forged him a new suit and a better drill, but that didn't stop him from being the guardian of her family. And once Dinky had grown too big for her protection, he had become the protector of her and Pip's child Dippy Doo, who know bounced up and down on her couch excitedly.

"So what do I owe this pleasure?" Ditzy asked as she sat on a couch across from Dinky, who smiled at her.

"Do I need a reason to visit the mare that raised me?" Dinky asked with a smile before pulling Dippy off of the back of the couch and next to her. "We just came to see how you were doing. It's been almost a year and we were thinking that you might be getting a little lonely."

"It has been hard to schedule any free time with work," Pip said in their defense. "But I love visiting Ponyville every once in a while and it's always great to see family again. Dippy, get down." Dippy huffed and jumped off of Ditzy's cabinets and sat down on the floor for a second before falling onto her back and rolling around.

"Well I know I'm glad to see my family," Ditzy said with a smile as she looked over to Bubbles. "How have things been with you? I assume that it's been all good or I would have read about how you flattened somepony in the paper." Bubbles shrugged in his defense before all four of them turned when they heard a breaking sound, looking at Dippy who was standing next to a broken window.

"I didn't do it."

"Why can't you just sit down and talk to your grandmare?" Dinky asked with a sigh as she placed her face in her hoof.

"I love grammy, but I want to go PLAY!" she said in desperation, bouncing up and down in place as she tried to contain herself. "We never come to Ponyville and I want to go to the clubhouse! PLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE let me go!" she begged, throwing herself on her mother’s hooves. Dinky and Pip looked at each other before both of them sighed and allowed her to.

"But," Dinky said quickly, stopping Dippy at the door. "Only if Mr. Bubbles goes with you." Bubbles got up at the sound of his name and followed the tiny filly to the door, where she looked up at him with a smile before shooting out the door, forcing Bubbles to stride to keep up with her. "Faust she has a lot of energy," Dinky said with a sigh.

"Just like a little filly that I used to raise," Ditzy said with a smile. As Dippy sprinted through the streets, Bubbles looked around at all the ponies, waving to those who waved to him. Even when Dinky had move to Manehatten, the ponies here had never forgotten him or Dinky, not that anypony would forget coming face to face with Bubbles. Dippy had come to a stop twenty feet in front of him in the field as he stood in place looking back at the town around him, feeling the sun on his suit as he thought about the past years and how kind they had been to him. His little Dinky had grown up, become happy and given him a little Dippy to look after now. So as he stood on a hill outside of the town thinking about his life here, he felt something in his chest that he hadn't felt in the longest of times.

He felt...happy.

"Hurry up Bubbles, you can be soooooo slow sometimes," Dippy said, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Come on, the clubhouse is just over here!" Bubbles let out a moan as he followed her towards the clubhouse, a smile in his heart as he prepared for their next adventure.

Author's Note:

Thanks to all who read this story and I hope you enjoyed it. The Big Daddy was my favorite part of Bioshock and I've wanted to do a story about him ever since I played it three years ago, so this is what came out of this. But as for the part everyone wants, the next story. The crystal empire is a place where many warm hearts call home, but those hearts are about to become cold. For just as this story was about a Mr. Bubbles, the next Mr. will bring on the freeze.

Comments ( 151 )

A fantastic ending to a fantastic story. Good job!:twilightsmile:

So far we have Hulk, Captain Marvel, Batman/Batmare, Superman, Mr. Bubbles, and now it looks like Mr Freeze. I am very excited to see what comes from this. (If I missed one, I have yet to read The Emerald Dragon and For Her Mistakes) Very good story btw.

It's over...but- you did a fantastic job with this :pinkiesad2::pinkiesmile:

:pinkiegasp: Victor Fries?! Yes! Wait, which version of him will this be? The Animated Series? The Batman (the cartoon) one, the Arkham series one the :pinkiesick: Schwartzneggar one?

You're gonna bring in the anti-hero doctor in the sub-zero suit from the Batman franchise?

I'd probably like to see you take a shot at brining in the the most honourable lord in the Song of Ice and Fire series: Lord Eddard 'Ned' Stark.
Well, him, Murtagh from the Inheritance Cycle, or Durzo Blint from the Night Angel Trilogy.

The last one would probably be funniest.

So... Next story is a redemption arc for Mr. Freeze :pinkiegasp:

She stopped talking when she realized that Bubbles had ignored her and was walking towards Dinky, causing a small smile to spread on the face of the mare. 'A good choice. Very well Bubbles, I will assist you in returning to her. You have earned your happiness.' Her whole body glowed with silvery power as she said this and with one flash, everything was consumed by silver energy.

D'aaaaaw.

4550485 taht would be good though somthing not from dc or marvel would be good... :twilightblush:

Woo! Happy ending for all! And now to bring on the ice! Remember, ice powers are best powers! Let's see how the emotionally unstable Mr. Freeze does in a land of colorful equines.

I have a teacher named Mr. B and when I saw the title I was like :rainbowderp:.

Mr. Freeze! :yay:
He was one of my favorite enemies to fight in the Arkham series because he actually adapts the Batman's tactics. Quite memorable. He was pretty cool in the animated shows, too.

Try again with the Kryptonian? :pinkiegasp: Does that mean a sequel to Whenever You Call?! Would totally be awesome to see RD as the champion, considering she got a smidge of Supes' powers.

Bubbles got the happiness he deserved. After all that struggling against Rapture, it's damn well time he got rewarded.

The story was a nice development amongst all the orthodox heroes. It still contained the essence of an Onomonopia-written story, all the way down to the moralistic values. Congrats on the finishing of this story, and I greatly look forward to the conclusion of The Emerald Dragon. :twilightsmile:

Hooray for mr. b! And mr. freeze is next huh? Hope captain marvel, bats, and supes don't go off on him when the champions are inevitably brought together.

Like I said, He survived by sheer force of will to see Dinky again....:rainbowdetermined2:

Another great story completed! :twilightsmile:
So, Mr. Freeze may be the next champion. Darn, I really wanted Green Lantern Spike to join the ranks not only because I thought it would be cool, but also because I thought the roster would involve 3 humans and 3 Equestrians, but that's just me. Anyway, it is nice to see that the Crystal Empire will be the new main setting for that story; I really wanted Shining Armor and Cadence to be more involved in the stories since Twilight and her friends have almost always taken the spotlight. However, I will say that I do like the idea that Twilight may get to talk to another scientist who might even let her help him build something this time around. That is something that I would really like to see in one of these stories; Twilight actually getting to fiddle with new technology. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Oh hell yes Mr Freeze is one of my favorite Batman villains especially if you go for the doing everything to save his wife version.

also Big Daddies are awesome which is why I loved Bioshock 2

5 champions revealed and only one left.

so much cute I cannot. HNNNGGG...
*Heavy Lifting sticks head out from behind lamp-post*
"Dead."
*retracts Cranium*

A great ending to an equaly great story

What I wonderful story as it all wraps up. I love how Big Daddy now protects Dinky's daughter.

I wonder who the next "champion" will be?(my money's on it being wolverine)

4551023 naaaah, it's going to be flame princess.

4551186 no, it will probably be ghost rider.

4551227 I'm going to have to stop you there. A living nuclear bomb is going to equestria.

4551285 oh my god... how have I not discovered this yet?! Of course! It all makes sense! In the description, it says mr. And freeze, so it obviously means something alive and highly dangerous! The obvious answer being a living nuke! It was right in front of me!

Very nice chapter!:twilightsmile:

So sad that this story is at an end, but the bigger is about to be painted. My only request is that this Freeze is at least inspired by Paul Dini's work (Fries saving his wife's story line) and not the New 52 incarnation.

This deserves ten burrito's out of five Miyamoto's.

Great job on the story I am going to fav this it made me cry.

bravo jolly good show :pinkiehappy:

So are you doing some thing where characters are crossed over, do stuffs, and then save equestrian later? Cause that's what it seems like even though the stories don't match up. I think

Is Dippy the reincarnation of Bubble's original Little Sister???? I can just see a wall of pictures showing Bubbles with generations of Dinky's descendants, always with a little filly perched on his head or standing beside him.:twilightsmile::yay:

Mr. Freeze???? I love that idea, I've always found him the most sympathetic of Batman's villains... him ending up in Equestria is bound to be interesting, especially if he focuses on finding some magic to help his wife.:raritywink: He's also a scientist, so I can totally see him going, "That's scientifically impossible!" about something like a Rainboom, only to have it demonstrated by the pony he is talking to.

Okay everyone bets on Mr Freeze but maybe there is a surprise and it is the Ice King from Adventure Time.

Can the next one be a lancer???
They where pretty cool

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
if you can't tell i am very happy about the ending.

… My heart… it's getting filled up with Feel Plasmids… DON'T CRY FOR ME! I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO OUT THIS WAY! HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

I love you and your story for all of my forever life yay best story ever :fluttercry::derpytongue2::rainbowdetermined2::moustache::trollestia::heart::heart::heart::heart::derpytongue2:

I'd recommend the pyro, but let's face it, he will mess everything up.

a wonderful story, quite true on how it portrays that even if a family is imperfect doesn't mean they can't find happiness.
thank you for writing this story, it a brought it brought tears to my eyes.:fluttercry::yay:

I swear I'm not crying, :fluttercry::fluttercry:

(Looks at authors note)
:rainbowkiss: You mean, this guy?

Big Daddy is love, Big Daddy is life.

The ending reminded me of 'beyond two souls'. With the choice between returning to the living world or the afterlife. Other than that, was an alright story.

I am eagerly awaiting the next story

There's about…to be a chill!

4568249
Stories for another day.

4568328
Stories for another day?

Does that mean that the other two haven't been written?

4568804
The next two have been written. The two she tried before Bubbles I may or may not do.

4568824
Who are the next two?

Login or register to comment