• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 18,143 Views, 1,183 Comments

Me and Mr. B - Onomonopia

  • ...
35
 1,183
 18,143

Never Left

Three hours after the battle in the town, The Elements and Dinky all waited around the familiar hospital until Mr. Bubbles came walking out of the door to operations with Celestia behind him, his armor shining in a way it hadn't done in years. Dinky tackled him while Celestia motioned for the ponies to all follow her, which they did so with a little confusion.

"Um, princess? Not to be rude, but why did you summon us so suddenly?" AJ asked as they walked down the stairs into the room where Bubbles had been. "There were a lot of preparations going on for...something." Pinkie glared at AJ as she said this but said nothing as the princess let out a sigh.

"Because my sister and I needed to fill you all in on something very important," she said in a no nonsense voice as she opened the door to the room with the human technology, causing the ponies that hadn't already seen it to gasp in awe. Dinky's eyes weren't drawn to the amazing tech, but instead the lunar princess that stood in the center with a few bandages around one wing. "We will be adding what remains of the other Big Daddy here later, but that topic can wait."

"Princess Luna?" Dinky asked her in confusion, the others looking to Luna when they heard Dinky speak. "What happened to you?"

"The damage that you see before you is due to a battle that I had once my sister had left me to return to Ponyville," she said with a pained sigh as she looked down at her side. "With a creature that I am sure that Bubbles is familiar with. A splicer." The ponies let out a sound of confusion before yelping at Bubbles, whose eyes had turned red and his drill had begun to spin. "I see you still remember them. Yes, one of them managed to get the better of me simply because I had not been expecting to see one. They are tougher than I thought they would be."

"What is a splicer, princess?" Fluttershy asked.

"A splicer is a human that has injected itself with too much plasmid and has become corrupted by the power," Luna said, causing the ponies to once again gasp.

"Humans are still alive?" Rarity asked.

"No, they shouldn't be," Celestia said with a snarl as she walked over to something that had a tarp over it. "Humans have been gone long before the time of ponies. But in Mareiland, we found something that proved us wrong. This, my little ponies," she began as she pulled off the tarp to reveal another bathysphere, but one that was much larger and could fit at least ten ponies. "Is a bathysphere and a new one at that. I say as in this is one that was not on the surface when I last went to Mareiland." The Mane six all looked at each other in confusion, not sure what the princesses was saying.

"Princess, while this is cool and all we really have no idea what this all means," RD said as she turned her head to look at the sphere. Celestia let out a sigh before looking to Mr. Bubbles, whose eyes were still a blazing red.

"You know what this means, don't you?" she asked him, getting a moan in response. "It means that the underwater city of Rapture somehow managed to survive all the years that humans have been gone." All of the ponies let out a gasp at this and Dinky moved a little closer to Bubbles for comfort. "For those of you who do not know, Rapture was...is an underwater city that the humans made long ago, but the exact location has been lost. We thought for years that the humans had all died out, but with the Big Daddy that showed up here and the splicer my sister fought, it is very obvious that Rapture somehow has survived all these years."

"But how is that possible?" Twilight asked with confusion. "That would mean that they have been underwater for over three thousand years at least! They would have run out of food and oxygen and-"

"We do not know, but my sister and I will devote as much time as we can to figuring out why and how the denizens of Rapture are back," Celestia said as she turned towards the sphere. "But for the meantime, be on guard. I have no idea if any more of these creatures managed to make their way to the surface, but they are extremely dangerous." Twilight figured that the princesses were done talking for now and she led her and her friends out of the hospital to the train station, where they caught a train back to the city.

"Hey Rarity, how's Sweetie Belle doing?" Dinky asked once they had all sat down, Bubbles once again crushing the benches beneath his weight. "After everything that happened to her, I was just wondering if...?"

"She's with my parents right now and they're taking care of her," Rarity said with worried look. "But she's still terrified of what happened and refuses to leave her room. I wish I could be there for her, but there is nothing I can do at the moment. The poor dear is terrified."

"And after what happened to her, I'm not surprised," Rainbow Dash said with an angry growl as she folded her arms. "She got foal napped by a giant monster that killed a number of ponies in town and almost completely wrecked the place. I'd be more surprised if she wasn't terrified by what happened to her." Twilight had been looking out the window the entire time, but at the mention of the other Big Daddy brought her back to reality.

"There's just one thing I don't understand," she began, turning all heads towards her. "That Big Daddy, I assume, saw Sweetie and thought of her as it's little sister and that's why it took her, just like how Bubbles did with Dinky. But what confuses me is why did this one straight up foal nap Sweetie while Bubbles listened to everything that Dinky said and became friends with her first? I thought all Big Daddy were brain washed to think the same?"

"Maybe he took a hit to the head, who knows?" Rainbow said as she placed her arms behind her head and relaxed against the seat, but Dinky was aware that Twilight was looking to her for an answer to her question.

"I don't know. Maybe because he lost his little sister the first time he only cared about finding her again?" she suggested. "Or maybe because he was dead he lost some of the plasmid that messed up his mind. I don't know the reason, but all I know is that he protects me and cares for me, like a daddy." She hugged his arm as she said this and he let out a moan as he pulled her close, causing Twilight to put her hoof under her chin with thought as the train pulled into the station. Dinky and Bubbles were the first to get out and found that they had been met by a massive mob of ponies that had apparently had been waiting for them.

"Well this doesn't look good," Twilight muttered as she looked at all the faces of the ponies, all of whose eyes were on Bubbles. He had just begun to start up his drill when he heard a sound that he was unaccustomed to. It was the sound of cheering.

"Anypony have any idea what is going on?" Dinky asked as she looked up at Twilight, who shrugged in response just as the mayor of the town pushed her way through the crowd.

"What is going on my dear is that the ponies of Ponyville are thanking that metal monster over there for defending their homes and lives," she said with a huge smile as she pointed at Bubbles, who let his confusion be known with a moan. "Not just for defeating the other him, but for protecting those foals that were attacked by that nasty Tatzlwurm a few days ago."

"Um, you're welcome?" Dinky said for Bubbles, who had placed himself between the foal and the mayor.

"And that is why I wish to invite him to the party we have set up for him at Sweet Apple Acres tomorrow," Mayor Mare continued without listening. "We know that he hasn't exactly been...the best behaved since he got here, but the princesses explained everything to me and after what has happened with the other him we believe that he has earned another chance. Hence the party."

"And guess who's throwing you the party!" Pinkie said from on top of Bubbles helmet, startling the Big Daddy to the point where he grabbed her and chucked her into the crowd, where the ponies caught her and moved her back up to the front where she could jump onto Bubbles head again. "Now I had no idea what kind of party to throw for you but then I heard you came from the sea, so I made you a sea based party!" Bubbles was about to drill the pink pony to teach her the meaning of personal space, but Dinky took that moment to run up to Bubbles with a huge smile.

"Oh my gosh, I've never been the star of a party before! We have to go!" she said to him with such joy radiating from her that Bubbles forgot about the pink pony on his head. He looked around at all the ponies that had waited for him to join them and with a moan of defeat he accepted going to the party later.

===K>

Bubbles didn't really know what to think or how to act at parties, mostly because the last one he had gone to had been on the eve of nineteen fifty nine and that had not ended well. So all he did was stand in the center of the room while the ponies all came up to thank him or to try and make conversation with him, none of them seeming to get that he couldn't talk. Dinky stayed by his side for the first half of the party, but she went to have fun after a while.

"And you should try to have some fun as well," she said to him as she walked away with a huge smile on her face. "Don't let them just think that you're a pretty face." He watched her go silently as he stayed in place, continuing to let the ponies come up and talk to him or thank him. He didn't know why they were thanking him when they had hated him a few days ago. They confused him. When he got tired of the talking he walked over to a corner of the barn and stood there silently, watching the party from where he felt comfortable. In a place where he could observe everyone.

"Do you like the party?" a pink pony said from his side, which turned out to be the one from earlier. "I put as much sea based stuff as I could find, but most of it is for a foal’s party. I still think it looks good though." Bubbles remained silent once again as he looked around at the decorations that she had used. Sea turtles, merponies; it was hard for him to look at. "Do you like it?" Since he couldn't answer, he walked away from her and towards where Dinky was talking to the two little ones from yesterday, who backed away from the giant.

"Oh hey Mr. B., what's up?" she asked him with a smile as he approached her. He moaned before pointing to the door, causing Dinky to sigh. "I know you want to leave, but the ponies took a great deal of time to set this up so can you at least pretend that you're enjoying it? All of them are here to thank you after all. See how nice they can be when you're not drilling them?" Bubbles moaned in response, but at that moment everypony in the room gasped as Princess Luna entered.

"Please don't bow, I will not be here long," she said to them as she saw Bubbles and walked over to him. "We need to talk." She led Bubbles and Dinky out of the barn and towards the fence, where she leaned against it and looked up at the starry sky. "We have found something of interest near the place where we have found the bathysphere. We know that it is a human building but there is more to it than that, so we would like it if you would be prepared to have a look...and by that I mean let Bubbles have a look."

"Sure we will," Dinky answered for them. "I'd love to see whatever it is that you've found." Bubbles groaned as he looked up at the sky, noticing how late it was. He picked up Dinky and placed the confused foal on top of him before walking off, leaving the princess there to continue to gaze at her sky. He walked the two of them home, where they were greeted at the door by Ditzy.

"And right on the hour," she said with a whistle as she looked at the clock. "When I tell you to be on time, you are on time."

"You told Bubbles to take me home?" Dinky asked in confusion as Bubbles lowered her to the ground. "Why would you do that? I was having so much fun!"

"Because it's late," she said in a motherly tone as she pointed to the clock that read eleven. "And you need to get some sleep. You have school in the morning."

"But tomorrow Bubbles and I are going to Mareiland to see the remains of one of the human buildings!" she complained, causing Ditzy to raise an eyebrow. She looked over at Bubbles and frowned when he nodded to confirm Dinky's story.

"That's even more of a reason why you should go to be now," Ditzy said as she pointed up the stairs. "Now no more arguing young lady. Get to bed."

"But...but..." she complained before looking at Bubbles, who followed Ditzy's action and pointed towards the stairs.” Oh not you to," she grumbled as she walked to the stairs, Bubbles entering the house as Ditzy sat down.

"Thanks for backing me up," she said as she sat down at her couch, Bubbles sitting in the same spot that he had sat in for days. "She can be stubborn sometimes...so she was telling the truth about tomorrow?" Bubbles let out a moan and Ditzy sighed, lying back on the couch. "I would say that I'm surprised, but when you live in Ponyville, you expect the weird. All I'm worried about is whether or not Dinky will make it home safe...or if you will to." Bubbles looked to her as she said this in confusion, wondering where the sentiment came from. "I know that I shouldn't like you, with your temper and killing anything that looks at you funny. But, despite it alone being about a week, you've managed to win my daughter over and prove to be a more caring father than some of the others I know, so...I can't bring myself to hate you too much."

Bubbles let out a moan of approval before resting his back against the wall, allowing himself to slightly let his guard down as Ditzy walked by him and walked up the stairs to her room.

"She needed somepony like you," she said before she reached the top of the stairs. "I just never thought it would be...you." Bubbles figured that she was trying to compliment her as she headed up the stairs, resting his head once again before he heard a sound in his head.

'The time draws near for you to prove your loyalty, Mr. Bubbles.' Bubbles scanned the room as he heard the voice, looking around for the mare. When he couldn't find her, he assumed that she was in his head again and allowed his eyes to shift back to yellow. 'You have proved yourself to be a good father, but will you be a champion?' The voice went quiet after that, so Bubbles turned his mind away from her words, thinking back to the days of Rapture.