• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,115 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,115

Just One Page

Dim woke up with his journal over his face, he threw it off of him and it flew across the room. He looked at his watch, it read "10:47 A.M". he thought to himself "I have my time with Sweetie Belle in like an hour, I better get ready." and with that he jumped into the shower, brushed his teeth, and ate breakfast. As did Sweetie Belle but, she literally jumped into the shower. Both of them anxiously waiting until the clock hit 11:30 A.M.

"Sweetie Belle, calm down," Rarity chuckled to herself.

"I can't help it!" she shrieked in happiness. "I told you about him, you should be just as happy."

"Sweetie, I've never met him before, and he's your age," Rarity said smiling.

"Yeah well-" The clock hit 11:30 and Sweetie Belle bolted out the door without another word.

"Wow, this colt must be really... special." Rarity said then walked off to work on her dresses.

When the clock hit 11:30 Dim put a few things in his saddle bag, he threw in about 20 bits, a hat, and his journal, he never left his journal anywhere except with him. He also ran out the door but a lot slower, he took his time. As he made his way through the town to the school he thought about the how the day would go. Well, we should probably get to know eachother a little better, first off. Maybe- When he finally got in view of the park he saw the most rage engaging thing he could think of. He saw Sweetie Belle, but not just Sweetie Belle he saw Heavy Weight and Rider walking up to her and Rider had clearly not looked happy. Dim Shadow was a little too far away.


Rider woke up and remembered what he had to do that day, play spy and get info about Dim, but he thought he needed help. Rider got up and after about two hours he headed out to Heavy Weight's place to ask if he would like to help. As he made his way there he thought about how this day was gonna go Seriously, I agreed to his? How stupid am I? First I have to find him, and even if he leaves his house how am I supposed to find him? And even if I do find him, what am I supposed to find out about him? It's not like he's gonna talk about his weaknesses and worst fears out loud. Hopefully Heavy Weight and I will decide to do something else after like an hour or less. This is so ridiculous. he thought. He finally got to his friend's house and knocked on the door and Heavy Weight answered.

"What do you want, Rider?" he asked.

"Listen, I was hoping you could help me out with the info getting on Dim." Rider said.

"You know that I go to the gym with my dad every Sunday,right?" Heavy Weight asked.

"Can't you just blow off one day?" Rider pleaded.

"I guess," Heavy Weight let out a sigh "let me ask my Dad first, okay?"

"Whatever," Rider replied "Oh, and if we don't find him you wanna go to the ring?"

"Sure." Heavy Weight ran off to find his Dad and ask if he could hang out with him instead of go to the gym, his Dad said yes and they started walking off into town.

"So, where do you think we should look first?" Rider asked.

"Well, that kid looked pretty emo so probably behind some building no one what's to be around." Heavy Weight answered.

Rider laughed at that remark and said "Yeah you're right, where would no pony want to be?"

They thought for a second and both said "School".

"Hey would you mind if we jog? I'm tired of walking." asked Rider .

"Sure," Heavy Weight approved. "Lets get going, it's not far from here." And then they jogged off to the school. As they made their way there they talked about what they would do if they found Dim, Heavy Weight recommended just following him around, Rider recommended just beating the living hell out of him to get the information but Heavy Weight pointed out the many flaws in that plan. They agreed to do what ever came natural at the moment. They finally made it to the school and noticed Sweetie Belle.

"That girl, she's what what got me into this mess with that kid, I oughta' teach her a lesson!" Rider said enraged.

"Rider, Rider calm down man, she didn't do nothin'," Heavy Weight said, trying to defend her. "Whatever, just don't do anything stupid now."

"Whatever! Just give me second!" Rider was furious, he hated what happened yesterday, he felt weak when that punch did nothing to Dim Shadow and he felt Sweetie Belle was the reason, he had no reason why, he just thought that she was. "Hey!" he shouted.


"Hey!" he heard Rider shout.

No! if she gets hurt it's my fault! he thought to himself. He immediately tripled his speed to run to Sweetie Belle to stop the other two colts. He was there in a about 20 seconds.

Dim leaped between Sweetie Belle, who had just now noticed the on coming colts, and the two approching. "Déjà vu ain't it!?" Dim Shadow yelled. "Get out Sweetie Belle." he sternly told Sweetie and with that she ran off to the front of thd school to avoid the soon quarel.

Rider has reached a good distance so that he could still talk to Dim Shadow and still have time to react if Dim were to lunge at him. "Calm down, I don't want to hurt anyone. I want to make nice." Rider had to make up a lie he knew.

"What?" Heavy Weight said under his breath with a disgruntled look on his face .

"Yeah right, and how I supposed to believe that since you were going towards her, you didn't look like you were in the best of moods a few moments ago." Dim asked.

"We were looking for you. Like I said, we wanna be fri-" Rider was cut off by Dim Shadow.

"I want nothing to do with either of you, now, GET LOST!" Dim walked off, not staying to see if the two left or not. He went to the other side of the school to find where Sweetie Belle went, turning his back on the other two colts. Rider walked forward to Dim and tried to raise a hoof but Heavy Weight pit his one of his front legs in front of him and shook his head.

"Not yet," he whispered. "You're gonna wish you made up with us!" Heavy Weight yelled. Dim just rolled his eyes and Rider and Heavy Weight walked off. Rider waited for Heavy Weight to say something but he never did until they were out of sight.

"Sweetie Belle it's okay now, come out if you're still here." Dim said softly and Sweetie Belle came out of a near by bush in the front of the school.

"Thanks again I guess." she said with a sheepish smile.

"No problem, so what do you want to do?" he asked Sweetie.

"Well, actually I told my sister about you and she said something like that trouble follows you. So, if we hang out, she said we have to stay at my house, sorry.

"No, no that's fine, let's get going." Dim said. This is awesome, not only am I spending the day with her, it's at her house! Could this get any better? he thought to himself.

"So, how are you today?" Sweetie Belle asked, trying to start a conversation.

"I'm good, you?" Dim answered.

"Great." Sweetie answered. "So what happened back there with you and those two?" asked sweetie Belle.

"They wanted to be my "friends" by I didn't believe them for second. I"m pretty sure Rider wanted payback, that's why he was walking to you and he made up that excuse at the last second in my opinion." Dim said.

"Oh, well how do you know they were lying?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"I just don't believe they would do that, it's not likely. Then Heavy Weight said I'd regret that I didn't make up with them just like how he said I'd regret knocking him over yesterday and how Rider said I'd regret not getting hurt by his punch, if that last one even makes any sense."

"Do you think they are going to make you regret that stuff?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"They can do what ever they're gonna do, but I won't regret anything, no matter what they do."' said Dim.

"No matter what they do?" Sweetie asked.

"No matter what they do." replied Dim. They arrived at Carousel Boutique and Sweetie Belle opened the door which hit the bell, causing it to ring.

"Rarity we're here!" Sweetie Belle yelled. Dim dropped his saddle bag by the door.

"Hello dear, and hello Dim Shadow, I think was your name, yes. Oh, Sweetie Belle could you do me a quick favor, could you put a few shirts out to dry please?" Rarity asked

"But Rarity!" Sweetie yelled.

"Sweetie do it, I have to have a little talk with your friend anyway." She gave Sweetie the "Do it" face and she went off.

"Don't embarrass me." Sweetie Belle said under her breath. She then left the room to take the shirt's out and hang them.

"Okay Dim Shadow, first thank you for helping my sister with those ruffians yesterday before anything major happened that would endanger her." Rarity said thanking Dim.

"No problem, miss..." Dim said, not knowing her name.

"Rarity". she said

"No problem, Miss Rarity."

"But I know what it's like to be around some pony like you, trouble follows you and by trouble I mean bad ponies." Rarity said.

"That's true and you're smart for knowing that Rarity, not many ponies do." Dim Shadow replied.

"Thank you Dim, but what I'm trying to say is that if Sweetie gets hurt, and it's because of you, I'll have your head on a pike, metaphorically speaking of course." Rarity said that last part in an very serious tone.

"Hehehe, nice one." Dim Shadow commented.

"I'm dead serious dear." Rarity made sure that she was clear.

"I understand, I'd say the same thing if I were in your hooves, nothing will happen to Sweetie Belle because of me, I swear on my life." Dim Shadow said, making sure Rarity would be okay with Sweetie Belle hanging around him. Then Sweetie Belle returned from hanging the shirts outside.

"Okay Rarity I finished." Sweetie said.

"I'm also done talking your friend here also." Rarity replied

"Okay then, come on Dim, my room is around the corner." Sweetie Belle said.

"Okay then." Dim picked up his saddle bag and put it on a small stand by what looked like a scroll and walked with Sweetie Belle to her room. "So what are we gonna do Sweetie Belle?" Dim asked, he was more of an out door pony so he wasn't sure what there was to do inside.

"Don't worry I have a few things planned for us to do. I wrote them down" Sweetie replied, excited to do the things she planned, they got to her room and sat down. (If you made a sex joke here you should feel ashamed of yourself and you are a terrible person. If you did make a sex joke go clean yourself in the waterfall of forgiveness.)

"Okay, so what exactly do you have planned to do first?" Dim asked.

"Uh, wait here I think the paper is out the on the table." And with that Sweetie Belle went out to get the paper on the table. When she got to the table she noticed Dim's saddle bag and was a little curious. "I shouldn't ... but I am, he won't notice" she thought to herself. As she went through his saddle bag she notice three things a hat, a few bits, and a book. Curious, she looked at the book cover and in fancy letters it read "Journal". She put it back immediately, "No I can't look at even a page of this! It would be invading his privacy and he wouldn't look in my diary. Well, maybe one page wouldn't hurt.. I wonder what he wrote about yesterday. Yeah, just one page." she thought. She flipped to the page he wrote about yesterday which she assumed was the one most recently and she was right. She flipped it open and started to read and hearts replaced all color in her eyes .

"Sweetie Belle! Do you need help?" Dim yelled.

Sweetie Belle nearly had a heart attack "NO! I'll find it, j- just stay in there!." she yelled back.

"Okay then." he replied. But then, Dim start looking around Sweetie's room and noticed something sticking out of Sweetie Belle's pillow case and he decided to see what it was. He saw that it was a book, "I guess it's her diary... I probably shouldn't look in it," he looked away for a second "but I will, just one page, the one about yesterday. And if she didn't write anything about it I'll close it immediately, I swear on Celestia's name." So he flipped to the most recent page and began to read and hearts replaced all color in his eyes.

Author's Note:

I drank Pomegranate Tea, Coke Zero, and Chocolate Milk while writing this, I feel special :twilightsmile:

Edit- 6/23/14: Looking back on my earlier chapters and how I wrote them and how only now am I taking some time to fix them... How do I only have currently have 22 dislikes and 164 likes. I'm seriously baffled.