• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,119

Truth Be Told

Thanks to M-Hard for editing this chapter.


"Um, no pony," Sweetie Belle said, I should have waited till I got to my room, to celebrate. Sweetie Belle thought.

"What do you mean no pony?" Rarity said. "Sweetie Belle you're not moving from that spot until you tell me who you're talking about dear."

There's no use in hiding him from her, Sweetie thought to herself. "Fine but listen, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were-"
Sweetie Belle was cut off by Rarity the moment she mentioned those names.

"Those two ruffians?! I have every right to contact their parents right now!" Rarity was mad. Last time an incident between Sweetie Belle and those two happened happened Cheerilee was NEEDED to separate the three. They were about to be at
each other's throats.

"No, wait, you didn't let me finish, anyway a new colt that moved into town saved me from them. He stepped between them and did some things that no one I know would even think of doing." Sweetie Belle said, she was a little bit uncomfortable talking about this to another pony, even her own sister. She felt kinda weak talking about it. So she told the whole story about how he jumped in, told them off, and took a punch to the to face from Rider. "Then I asked if we could hangout tomorrow, and he said yes!" Sweetie Belle said.

"I'm not sure Sweetie Belle, he sounds like a very kind colt, but he also seems like he has trouble following him. He might get you hurt." Rarity said, she was concerned for a very specific reason. "Listen, this same thing happened when I was a little older than you. Ponies thought they could get to him,emotionally, by hurting me, I fought them off, but you Sweetie Belle, if something like that happened to you, well, Sweetie you can't fight. You're not toughest filly I've seen. No offense though."

"Hey! Who's to say that I can't handle myself in that kind of situation!? Also, not even the meanest ponies from around here would do that. They may be really mean, but they're not like that." Sweetie huffed.

"You would be surprised what some ponies are willing to do get something Sweetie Belle. Listen, I don't want to be the mean, over-protective sister so, I'll give him a chance, but you two have to have your little play-date here."

Perfect! Nothing to distracted us and we'll be alone. Flawless. Sweetie Belle thought. "Fine, we agreed to meet at 11:30, is that okay with you Rarity?"

"It's fine dear." Rarity walked off

And with that, Sweetie Belle went up to write in her diary about her day and a few other things. She wrote the following:

"Today I met the nicest, kindest, toughest pony ever! His name is Dim Shadow. Today, I was getting picked on by Diamond, Silver, and Rider when he just jumped in and defended me until they ran off. And wanna know why they ran off, because he took a punch in the face from Rider, the minor boxing champ of Ponyville! I love him, and I just met him today. I know I love him, not just because of what he did. And guess what! He said he would hang out with me tomorrow! But Rarity found out when I came in all happy and said that we would be seeing each other tomorrow so she made me tell her about him. She said that if I hang around him, I could get hurt, but I don't think that would happen, he would defend me against all the fillies in Ponyville I bet. But the best part is, Rarity said we had to stay here and "play". But does he love me back? I don't know, I read a book about body language in school one day when I was bored, so I'll use what I can remember from that tomorrow. I've never felt this way about another pony. I mean, I've told my parents and Rarity that I love them, but this is different. I'll let you know how our "play-date" goes tomorrow."

*************************
Well that was quite a first day, he thought to himself I made a point to those colt's that I don't take crap from any pony, took a punch that almost made me bleed, and that unicorn Sweetie Belle. What was it about her that was so interesting? What was it that I was thinking earlier? That I like her? No way... well, maybe. That wasn't the feeling of satisfaction when I looked into her pretty eyes earlier. No, it was, uh, what was it? All he could do was think about Sweetie Belle for the rest of the way home. "Maybe I do." He laughed to himself "Maybe I do, I'll sleep on it. I wonder if she likes me back though. Probably not, don't get your hopes up Dim." And with that Dim went into his house and wrote in his own little journal. He wrote the following:

"Today was quite the day, I made a point I don't take nothing from any-pony and that you don't bully anyone while I'm around. But there was underlining thing from my day, and it wasn't getting socked in the face by some brute. There was this unicorn named Sweetie Belle. There's something about her that is different from the other foals I've met, she was grateful, funny, and very cute. I'm gonna hang out with her tomorrow. I'm not sure whether or not I like her yet. You know what? To the moon with it. I like this filly more than any pony I have met in my entire life. I can't wait to see her tomorrow. I hope we talk all day and no pony bothers us. Dear Celestia did I really just write that? Whatever, it's not like anypony is gonna see or read this right?"