• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,115 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,115

Revelations

Edited by NightShader. Proof read by TexPony and multiple bronies.

Dim could finally think clearly without having a splintering headache. Why did I like that? Dim was referring to fighting those colts from earlier. Is that normal? Should I like that? He wondered to himself. Dim got into very few fights in his old neighborhood and even then, they were brief and ended in a few minutes. There were few grudges, and even then, those ponies with said grudges never did anything about it. This was the first time ponies were trying to continuously bring harm to him and to this extent made it worse. But bringing harm to somepony, having the feeling that ponies could be looking for you with an intent to hurt you, why was Dim Shadow enjoying this? Do I like hurting other ponies? No, that wouldn't make sense! He nervously thought. No no, it's just the adrenaline when somepony is fighting you, yeah that makes sense. He thought to himself. Then it hit him No, no ,no! he screamed in his head as he began to panic. Dim was now desperately trying to get the sheet off of him, it was tucked in tight and it was difficult to remove the sheets from under the bed due to the bluntness of hooves.

After a couple of minutes of trying to remove the blanket, Dim successfully removed it from him. His eyes were now locked on to his cutie mark. Sweat was beating from his forehead. Oh thank Celestia! his cutie mark was still the same as always. Red heart helping a pony up from an upside down black heart. Something awful had nearly happened to Dim Shadow...


A couple minutes past before the same nurse came into the room with important news for Dim Shadow.

"Hey, good news for you." the nurse began, not noticing the un-tucked covers on the patient's bed. "We got the papers a little messed up, they were suppose to go to somepony else. You're fine, but you'll have a headache for a while. And there is more good news, we don't have to contact your parents." she said with a smile the picking the clip board with the papers she left on the counter from before.

"Why don't you have to contact my parents?" Dim asked out of concern.

"Why? Does it matter?" the nurse replied with a shrug.

"Shouldn't a colt of my age have his parents know he went to a hospital to get treated?" Dim asked as he rolled out of the bed, landing hooves first on the marble tiled floor.

"It's a Ponyville thing, the kids here are getting a little bruised up all the time for silly nonsense, the nurses and doctors don't like seeing kids get in trouble with parents over little stuff, like a scooter accident." she smiled in reply then glanced back.

"Okay, but now I think there's a bigger problem." Dim said.

"Which is?" the nurse pony asked.

"Doesn't that mean you let a pony with a concussion leave?"

The nurse gasped in realization. "By Celestia, you're right! Get on outta' here, I gotta find the pony I just let out!" the nurse yelled before running out of the room at lighting speeds.

The room was silent and empty for a moment before Dim decided to walked out.


The sliding doors to the hospital lobby opened, letting Dim pass through. The main lobby was a mostly white room with a marble tiled floor. It had a small medical themed poster on almost every wall, like most hospitals. He immediately saw Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo outside through the glass door. Scootaloo appeared to be trying to comfort Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom looked like she was trying to do the same. Dim was frantic to tell them the good news. After he told the pony at the front desk about the mix up and how the nurse said he could leave, he was out the door.


"Girls, I'm fine!" he yelled as he trotted over with a smile. Dim was caught off guard and tackled to the ground by Sweetie Belle.

"Oh my gosh are you okay? Did you break something? Tell me!" she yelled in his face then leaned in for an answer whilst staring him in the eyes, searching for answers.

Dim removed Sweetie Belle from himself and got up, "Don't worry Sweetie Belle, I'm fine. The nurse said my head will hurt for a little though. But I need to thank you all for taking me here. What happened at Silver Spoon's though? There was like five of them if I remember correctly."

"We took care of them, Crusader style!" Scootaloo said with a prideful cheer while chopping at the air.

Dim giggled, "Nice,"

"So now what?" Apple Bloom chimed.

"Well what el-" Dim had remembered Silver Spoon coming into the room. He remembered her offer to go to her house to actually get an explanation for her actions. Now of course there was a chance that she was lying again just to get back at Dim for his actions in the previous days. But Silver Spoon was 100 percent right in what she said, if there was a chance for Dim to fight or have an adventure, he'd be there, even if Dim didn't want to believe that it was the truth. This was a realization for Dim Shadow as well, he always thought of himself as one who kept the peace, not the one who wanted to expand on the hatred.

But then it hit him again, she said he liked fighting. Dim knew he liked fighting, with the rush he got while doing it and all. But then again, that feeling probably hit everypony in situations like that, right? But it's the fact that he kept having to solve all his problems with violence now, but why now? Fighting was never an issue for Dim even though it was a rarity before now. And it never got this bad, usually it was just tackling and knocking a few heads before Ponyville. It's only been a couple days and look what's happened. Dim Shadow looked at his cutie mark to make sure it was still the same as always.

The three fillies looked at Dim Shadow concerned, "Dim, are y'all okay? Do you need tah go back in?" Apple Bloom asked

"No, I'm fine, it's just that something really bad could have happened." Dim said as he pawed at the soil beneath his hooves.

"What?" the Crusaders asked in unison.

"Well I"m gonna try to make it simple. I have this disease thing, it's not the kind where you get sick or there's something wrong with your head. It's a little interesting but really bad in the long run. I’ll explain. See my cutie mark here?" Dim said as he pointed to his cutie mark. The three others adjusted their vision and nodded. "Well, basically, if I did something that is completely opposite of myself, like if I wanted with all my heart to hurt another pony who did nothing wrong for example, my mark turns upside down... and my personality changes to the opposite of what it would normally be." he explained. "I have plenty of other examples but that’s the simplest way I can explain it."

The three fillies were left astonished. After all that work trying to find out what your special talent is , then have it all taken away from you. That seemed like the worst thing to them.

"But it is reversible, kinda, I think." Dim put a hoof to his chin. "It's not as bad as it seems."

"Has it happened to you before?" Scootaloo asked.

"No, but how bad could it be? I heard that the way to reverse it is to make the pony realize that what they're doing is not themselves, basically." Dim said as he began to walk, the other three following him.

"Well, how did you figure you had this?" Sweetie Belle asked, tilting her head to the right.

"Well, long story short, these doctors take cells from your cutie mark and expose them to whatever the opposite of your cutie mark is then if they shift they figure out if you have the disease, although I don't know what they could have exposed it to." Dim stated.

"Well, why could it have happened today?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Dim muttered.

The Crusaders behind Dim Shadow nodded in a silent agreement to respect Dim Shadow and not ask again.

"So what now?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I guess I should probably go home and take it easy for a little, but if I'm my head feels better tomorrow I'll head over to Sweet Apple Acres. And again, thanks for having my back today." Dim said.

"No problem," the three fillies said. "See you later." they said as they separated from Dim Shadow and started trotting away.

"Bye Dim!" Sweetie yelled from behind as she walked.

"Bye Sweetie Belle!" Dim smiled as he waved the fillies off.

He decided that he would take up Silver Spoon's offer, after all, if there was a chance for adventure or a fight Dim Shadow would be there...


Acquiring the ingredients for the love potion weren't hard at all surprisingly. All Silver Spoon had to do was pay one of her pegasus butlers some bits and all the parts to the concoction were there in under twenty minutes. Luckily the butler had a good friend on the weather team who got the rainbow's glow straight from the Rainbow Factory itself. Money always finds its way of solving things.

Silver Spoon knew about the potion, or poison as some may call it, and what it could do. In her off time she tends to do a lot of reading, thanks to her family's massive library. She also knew it's negative effects, the pony who drank the potion with would want to be together at all times and ignore everyone else and their responsibilities. If a pony were to drink a whole glass they'd be in that position, basically reforming their whole life to be in their lovers presence. However, if a pony only drinks a small amount, a really small amount, the effects would be minimal, and the only thing that would happen was that they would develop something like a crush for each other and still be able to live their normal lives. It's a win win situation, right?

"Stir with a pegasus feather, fast not slow." Silver Spoon lightly mumbled to herself. The pitcher that had recently been a shiny rainbow color now turned to a neon pinkish purple color. Hearts of the same color began to emit from the potion and popped. There was a knock on the door, and a smile emerged on Silver Spoons face.

She knew who that was...

Author's Note:

Okay, so it's nearly been a month.... how do I put this lightly.... how fucking shit I'm so sorry. This will never happen again,