• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,106 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,106

A Friendly Letter

NightShader did stuff.

Sweetie Belle was the first to wake up that morning. She opened her eyes and saw a sleeping Dim Shadow facing her. She smiled before trying to place a kiss on his cheek. Just as she was about to so, Dim popped his head up and kissed her. Sweetie Belle was about to let out a small "eep" but was cut off when Dim's lips met hers, silencing her.

"Beat you to it," he mumbled before plopping his head back down and shutting his eyes.


Sweetie Belle paused for a moment, not knowing how to react. She was about to say something until she heard hoofsteps coming from the stairs and down the hall to her room. It was Rarity coming to check up on them, she knew. She remembered Rarity said she had to stay in her bed and Sweetie Belle could make a logical guess at what the consequences would be. In a panic she quickly stood up and tried to jump over Dim Shadow into her bed.

She failed and tripped in mid air over Dim, collapsing on top of him and waking him up. Dim woke with the wind knock out of his chest and eyes widened.

"Sweetie... Belle," he began to say, taking in large breaths between each word. "Why?"

"Shhh!" she said, "Rarity might hear you." she whispered. She still hadn't moved and was still laying on top of, a rather confused, Dim Shadow.

Please walk by, please walk by, please walk by... she said repetitively in her head as her sister's hoofsteps drew closer to the door and Dim still gasping for breath. A new sound entered Sweetie Belle's ears, a galloping of lighter hoof steps running to her room. Before she could react to this her door burst open, revealing Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, each wearing a panicked expression on their faces.

"Sweetie Belle, you need to... oh... is this a bad time?" Scootaloo trailed off when she saw Sweetie Belle laying on Dim Shadow.

A little embarrassed, she quickly rolled off her colt friend, who again had the wind knocked out of his chest. "Why?" he let out a deep, fading, moan.

"No, it's fine." she looked back at Dim, who was again gasping for air. "What's so important that you needed to come here at..." she didn't know what time it was. "Um, Dim what time is it?"

Finally, Dim regained his breath after a hard cough. "It's," Dim looked at his watch. "11:13!"

"What!" Sweetie yelled. "Rarity should have been up hours ago. I know that the shop is closed today, but still." Sweetie Belle was a little shocked.

"Listen, something happened to the club house!" Scootaloo yelled in horror.

"What!" Sweetie yelled back with an equal amount of horror in her voice.

"What happened?" Dim asked.

"Come see for yourselves'." Apple Bloom said.


The group finally arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. There were mixed emotions between Sweetie Belle and Dim Shadow about what had happened. Since Sweetie Belle had not known exactly what has happened to the tree house, in her mind she was panicking. She had an emotional attachment to that tree house as did all the other crusaders. She helped to build that tree house and had many memories with the other Crusaders in there. If it were destroyed, which was what she thought had happened, she would feel a little empty.

Dim Shadow on the other hoof, didn't really care much for the tree house. He just saw it as a really well build tree house and nothing more. Sure, it would kinda suck since that was the only meeting place the group had, but other than that he didn't feel anything. He guessed that whatever had happened was pretty bad since Scootaloo and Apple Bloom felt the need to burst through the door.

The group had gotten on the path to the clubhouse.

"None of you have said a word, are you okay?" he asked to the three fillies.

"Yeah, we're just wonderful." Scootaloo replied sarcastically.

"Hey I-" Dim never finished his sentence. His mind was captivated by the clubhouse.

The few windows that were there were busted, the clubhouse was no longer it's vibrant mango color but now a multicolored mess of dull colored spray paint. The balcony was hardly standing and looked ready to collapse at any second. The tree itself had many branches broken off and leaves defiled. Dim's mouth dropped like an anchor.

"Oh thank goodness!" Sweetie Belle wiped her forehead.

"What do you mean 'thank goodness'?!" Dim yelled.

"Worse has happened to this place, trust me." Sweetie Belle said.

"But, how and- bu- why then-" Dim couldn't get his words together. He took a breath, "Then why did you come in so horrified about the tree house?" he said in calm tone.

"It's not about what happened on the outside, look inside." Apple Bloom said in a dead serious voice as she began to slowly walk to the un-touch ramp up to the club house. The others followed. When they finally got inside the place was a wreck, nothing was standing up right and the little furniture that was in there was overturned but not damaged.

"Okay, it's wreck... that's normal." Sweetie Belle announced.

"Look there," Apple Bloom pointed to a piece of paper nailed on the wall.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom remained stationary as Sweetie Belle and Dim Shadow approached the note impaled to the wall. It read:

Dear Dim Shadow,

I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong hoof these past few days. I think we should talk about it in a civil manner.How about you come to my house at say, 2:00 pm today? Do try and fit it into your schedule if you can, it would only benefit you.

Sincerely,

Silver Spoon and company