• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,119

Making Friends

Thanks to M-Hard for editing.

"I'm Sweetie Belle, and thanks a lot!" Sweetie Belle hugged him and was very happy and thankful for what had just happened to her. No pony she knew would ever think of doing that. "That's the first time anypony has ever stood up to them like that." She had a smile on her face and tear running down her cheek. Not from what just happened, no, but rather from the amazing deed this new colt that she had never even heard of or seen just did. It was something even her closest of friends would never do. She knew this was her love and not just because of what he did. "Oh and uh, who are you?"

"Well, uh, my name's Dim Shadow and you're welcome Sweetie Belle," Dim said, "Just doing my job."

"Your job?" Sweetie Belle said in confused manor.

"Kinda, that's what this is for," Dim said as he looked at his cutie mark with a satisfied grin. "Oh and if you're wondering why you haven't seen me around, it's because I just moved here, like, a few hours ago."

"Well again, thank you. Maybe I could show you around and you could meet some of my friends?"

Dim thought about it and he thought it was a good idea for a few reasons. One, if he left, those three could come running back and the whole situation could get really violent. Two, he needed to know the area, and who better to show him than somepony who already knows it. And finally three, he wanted to find out what that spark meant when he looked into her eyes, he knew it wasn't that surge of pride and happiness he normally felt after he took people down like that. No, it was something else.

"Sure, a tour of the place doesn't sound bad, and all I've made so far are definitely enemies so making some good friends is a good idea."

"You have made a friend through me!" Sweetie Belle said happily jumping.

"Yeah, I suppose so," he chuckled. "Now how about that tour?"

"Sure, lets start. Well, this is the school," Sweetie Belle said with an awkward smile.

They began walking down the hill back into town, Dim looked behind them to make sure those others weren't following them. That was a problem where he used to live.

"All of the roads link so this won't be hard to remember," Sweetie Belle said calmly.

"Okay, so about back there, what exactly happened?" asked Dim Shadow.

Sweetie Belle took a deep sigh and said, "That was Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Rider. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's parents are really rich so they think they can push everypony around. Especially us because we're blank flanks, it makes us so mad!" Sweetie Belle yelled in frustration."They do it all the time too. Rider's just there because I think he's Diamond's colt-friend or something." Sweetie Belle groaned kicking the dirt.

"You said us. Who's us?" Dim heard that Sweetie said us, he hated it even more when it was a group of ponies, because usually when it was a group of ponies they all had something in common.

"Me, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo. We call ourselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and we experiment different things to try and find our special hidden talents. But none of us have found it yet..." she sighed. "Anyway what did you mean when you said ‘When I Cry?’ "

"Oh that," Dim smiled and blushed, he was a little embarrassed when she asked that. No pony really took the time to ask him the meaning of that little saying he made. "Well, you know how they say ‘When pigs fly?’ It means pretty much that, it will never happen. I'm a little full of myself when it comes to that stuff."

"Wow, so you never cry?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Not since I was a baby, but since then, not a single tear has been shed by me. Well, not counting crying from laughter, you know what I mean." Dim explained.

"Okay, and that's Carousel Boutique. Me and my sister Rarity live there. Maybe I could introduce you to her after?" Sweetie said, hoping that her sister could get the chance to meet her new crush.

"Sure, but later," said Dim. Dim thought to himself, This filly is a little too happy, this never happened to me before, even when I helped somepony in this type of situation.

They walked for another maybe ten minutes before they got to Apple Bloom's.

"Anyway, this is Sweet Apple Acres. My friend Apple Bloom lives here and the Cutie Mark Crusaders club house is just through the woods. I'll go see if they're there, can you wait here for a minute or two? Oh and if they're here the pegasus is Scootaloo and the earth pony is Apple Bloom."

"Okay, got it, and I don't mind, go ahead," Dim said. He was a little thankful he could get a few moments of silence to think. Wow, this filly really likes me, he thought. No pony helps her out I guess. She probably is just really happy I did that for her. I must admit though, she is kinda cute. Wait, could that feeling I felt be? No it couldn't be lo- His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Sweetie Belle telling her friends about what happened back at the school.

"Then, they ran off after he got punched by Rider and didn't even move!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. Sweetie Belle approached Dim with her two other friends, a brownish orange Pegasus with a purple mane and a brightly colored Earth pony with a red mane and bow on her hair.

"No way! No pony can just ignore being hit by Rider! He's the head of the boxing team of the other school." Scootaloo said with excitement.

"But he did, I swear on Celestia's name," Sweetie Belle said reassuringly. "He's right over there, by the fence. "Hey!" Sweetie yelled as the other two fillies ran over to Dim. She had an upset frown when they ran to him.

"Is it true you shoved Heavy Weight?!" exclaimed Scootaloo with a smile.

"Did you really tell off Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon like that?" exclaimed Apple Bloom with an even bigger smile.

"And did you really shrug off a punch from Rider?" asked Scootaloo.

"Calm down, one at a time. Okay. One, yes and to the ground. Two, yes. Three, no because there was nothing to shrug off."
The two other foals started to laugh at the third response. Sweetie Belle looked a little mad that her friends were getting all of Dim's attention.

"I have my own question for you three, does that happen to you guys often?" he asked the C.M.C.

"Yeah," they all said in the same sad voice. "But we're the only one's there to help ourselves, and well, we ain't all that good at it," Apple Bloom said frowning.

"Well listen, consider me a friend, if that ever happens again find me and I'll help anyone of you, no matter who is up in your face. Don't even hesitate to yell my name."

"Got it," they all said simultaneously.

"Well, I have to get home now, it's getting late," he said looking at his wrist watch.

"Yeah I gotta go home too Rarity will start getting worried about me," Sweetie Belle said.

"Well in that case, can I walk you home Sweetie Belle?" asked Dim with a grin.

"YES!" Sweetie smiled and yelled as some magic flew from her horn. "I mean, uh yes." She was a little bit embarrassed about what just happened.

"Wait here a second I need to run ahead a bit to see something." Before she could answer he galloped off for a moment. Dim was a little paranoid that he was being followed and he had to make sure it was safe. He was paranoid because once when was walking home in the other town he last lived at, a pony snuck up behind him and hit him with a wrench that put him in the hospital for a week.

"Sweetie has a colt-friend, Sweetie has a colt-friend!" sang Apple Bloom and Scootaloo in the same voice.

"Do not!" Sweetie yelled but she wished that they were right.

"Whatever, see you later Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, bye." Apple Bloom said.
They saw Dim Shadow coming back from the walk way. "Okay Sweetie Belle come on," Dim said

"Coming," Sweetie said as she trotted off to Dim. "Why did you have to go ahead?"

"Uh, no reason. Anyway lets get a move on," Dim said.

"Maybe we can hang out tomorrow?" asked Sweetie. She finally built up the courage to ask. She really wanted to be with him as much as possible after this day.

"Sure, that can be worked out," Dim said as Sweetie smiled. "How about the school at maybe... 11:30 tomorrow. Does that work for you?"

Immediately Sweetie said, "Yep that's fine! Oh we're here at my house."

"Okay, very nice meeting you Sweetie Belle, you're a very nice filly, and I can't wait see you tomorrow." Dim said in a comforting tone.

"Oh- okay bye Dim Shadow." Sweetie Belle said in a baffled voice.

"Bye." With that, Dim trotted off.

When Sweetie entered her home and shut the door she said rather loudly "I'm going to see him tomorrow and not only that, he said he can't wait!" In a squeaky voice.

"Who can't you wait to see tomorrow, dear?" said Rarity.

Author's Note:

Next chapter, bad guy chapter!