• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,115 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,115

By a River

Thanks to NightShader for editing. Thanks to multiple bronies and TexPony for proof reading.

It was a beautiful midsummer night. There was a soft breeze flowing through the air, Silver Spoon hummed happily as it passed through her mane. It was past the time Silver Spoon had to be in bed, however she couldn't get to sleep. Since Silver Spoon's family was quite wealthy they had newer forms of Equestrian technology, in this case a small portable radio. Silver Spoon grabbed it from the dining room before she snuck out. There was a small patch of overgrown plant life in her backyard by the river. Well actually it was at it's normal length and height but compared to the trimmed leaves, trees and bushes it looked out of the ordinary.

She continued to walk through her backyard to that spot. She always liked that specific spot ever since she came to Ponyville a while back, Luna's moon always seemed to shine just a little brighter there.

Silver Pushed away the tall grass to reveal the sandy section that hadn't been removed and replaced with dirt like the rest of the yard. She placed the radio down and tried to find one of the few stations that played either classical or orchestral music, she wasn't a big fan of new style music.

After she finally found the station and as a light violin piece came on she began to think to herself. Why is it I can't get to sleep tonight? she pondered the idea, Of course, him. She was referring to Dim Shadow. I never really thought about what I was gonna do to that peasant, oh the possibilities... she put a hoof up to her chin,I promised my worst but should I really do my worst? Yes! Without question, if I don't get my point across that nopony in all of Equestria may disrespect me, I'll look like weakling and a pushover.

Silver Spoon began to talk out loud, "What could I do? I could take that journel again and make copies of it... no that would take too long, but it would make a good plan B. Wait a minute I think I got something..." a large evil grin formed on her face, this plan was so easy and so good, "Actually... perhaps I should save that for some other time." After another couple of minutes of thinking Silver Spoon finally established an idea of what she was gonna do. It wouldn't be her worst but it would send the message. "I guess I'll stay out here for a little longer, it's quite a beautiful night." she said as another soft breeze came in.

"Yeah it is, isn't it," a familiar voice rung behind her.

Silver Spoon immediately got on her hoofs and spun around to see who she thought it was, she was right in her assumption. She knew if she shouted she could wake up her parents so she tried to keep her voice down. "Why are you here, Dim? I can get you arrested if I wanted to for trespassing on private property!" she backed away from him.

"Calm down, calm down. Can't a pony just enjoy the night?" he asked.

"Stop it! I know you're not here to 'enjoy the night', explain yourself right now," she hissed.

"Just because," a smile crept on his face.

"I will destroy you if you don't-" Dim put a hoof up to Silver Spoon's mouth.

"Do you need a reason for everything?" Dim interrupted, rolling his eyes.

"Well in this case seeing as you're on my family's property in the middle of the night, then yes I do!" she said arching her eyebrows as she raised her voice.

"Good point, um... this is kinda hard to explain..." Dim said rubbing the back of his head.

"Explain it quick before I lose my remaining patience." Silver Spoon huffed.

"Fine, fine... I guess it would just be better if I showed you..." Dim blushed and began to sweat a little.

"What are you-" Silver didn't finish her sentence. Dim put his lips up against Silver Spoons in a passionate kiss hoping she wouldn't kill him for doing that. She tried to fight it for a moment but she stopped almost immediately. She was liking this a lot more than she felt she should have. She put a hoof around the back of Dim's neck and returned the kiss with more passion than Dim was intending, this included tongue and all. She finally broke away and stared him in eyes for a moment then stared at the sandy ground before she mumbled something.

"You can stay if you want..." she mumbled blushing and pawing at the sand with her hoof.

Dim was about say something however Silver Spoon was being broken away from her current realm, Dim started fading with the rest of the landscape and after a few seconds she was looking at a black ceiling, there was a little light shining through a window which happened to be perfectly angled on her eyes. She had forgotten to close it the last night and she usually didn't wake up for at least a few more hours as it was still morning. Lazily she shuffled out of her bed and nearly fell to the ground when she shuffled a bit too much, she did land on her feet though. Then it hit her, she remembered her dream.

"If only..." She said softly in response to the memory, then she shut the curtains and returned to her bed in hopes to continue the dream, even though it was unlikely she pleaded with Luna for the dream to pick up where it left off.