• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,119

Reassurance

Important, please read. This was colab chapter between me and NightShader, my editor. This chapter was suppose to come out a lot earlier and it's been done for almost a month, enjoy.

Edited by NightShader, proof read by multiple bronies and TexPony.


“I do hope I can trust you two alone in the boutique for a while.” Rarity said, walking over to the exit.

“Of course you can, what can ever go wrong?” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Let’s not talk about what can go wrong darling.” she responded while Sweetie Belle let out an annoyed grunt.

“I’ll be back in half an hour.” Rarity said closing the door behind her, leaving Dim Shadow and Sweetie Belle alone in the boutique.

“So, what do you wanna do?” Dim asked Sweetie Belle.

“Actually, there’s something I’ve been needing to talk to you about...” Sweetie said, her voice’s tone slowly turning sadder as she positioned herself in front of Dim.

No, don’t be what I think it is. Please please please please. Dim thought to himself frantically.

“It’s just, what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were saying to me earlier," Sweetie Belle let out a long sigh. "That I’m weak, annoying and you’re only with me because you feel sorry. Is it true?” she asked, a small frown coming to her face.

“Sweetie Belle, of course not. You aren't weak at all and you most certainly are not annoying. I’m with you because I like you, I would never go with another pony just because I feel sorry for them.” Dim said, trying to comfort Sweetie Belle and to get those thoughts out of her head.

“But I am weak, you’re the only pony who has stood up for me and you’re the one who has stopped those ponies. I've done nothing except sit back and watch.” she said lowering her head.

“Everypony needs help once in awhile, and I don’t mind helping you out. Just because you don’t take action when I’m there doesn't mean you’re weak, my special talent is helping other ponies out in these types of situations.” Dim said laying a hoof on her shoulder. “Weren't you the pony who got my journal back from those two?”

“Well, yeah I guess.”


“It takes true bravery to do that kind of stuff, I mean you could have gotten hurt by those two or something like that. And I wouldn't have gotten it back without you.”

“If I’m not weak then why do I cry every time they do something to me?”

“Oh come on, you don’t cry every time.”

“Well, maybe sixty percent of the time I do.”

“That doesn’t mean you’re weak, it’s just how you cope with your emotions. Everypony cries, Sweetie Belle.”

“Then why don’t you? You said you never cry, Dim.”

“I’m different that way. It’s hard to get me to cry, very very hard.”

“They also said that the only reason you’re with me is because you feel sorry for me.”

“Sweetie Belle I told you I’m with you because I like you, not because I feel sorry for you. If I felt sorry for you I would have only stayed a friend. Now I’m more than that, and enjoying every moment of it.”

“Do you really mean that?” Sweetie asked with a small smile on her face.

“Do I really need to answer that?” Dim replied playfully nudging her shoulder. Sweetie Belle visibly perked up at this.

“No, I guess you don’t have to, Dim.” she said looking into his eyes.

“So what do you want to do? Well actually since this is your place what can we do?” Dim asked.

“I know something...” Sweetie Belle said leaning closer towards Dim, now almost face to face with him.

“Close your eyes.” She whispered, causing Dim to hesitate but still do it.
“PILLOW FIGHT!” she screamed grabbing a hold of a pillow and throwing it towards Dim. It caught him square in the face.

“It’s on now.” he said, as the war of the pillows commenced.

After several minutes of heavy warfare both of them are exhausted. Dim collapsed on the couch and let out a yawn.

“I guess you win.” he said resting his head on his hooves.

“It’s not over yet.” she said sneaking behind him, giving him another smack on the head with the pillow. Dim quickly regained his composure and tackles Sweetie Belle.

“Okay then, I win.” he said grinning while he holds her down.

The sound of the doorbell tingling interrupted the battle as they both look over to the door.

“Who is it?” Sweetie asked who ever it may be outside the door.

“THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” Was screamed in unison from behind the door.

Sweetie Belle unlocked and opened the door, revealing the crusaders who stood behind it.

“Hi Sweetie Belle, we was wonderin’ if we could hang out at your place for a little bit.” Apple Bloom asked.

“No, Rarity trusts us and wants us to be responsible as we look after her boutique.”

“Cool! We’re all alone now?” Scootaloo asked with a big smile.

“We, are. You two have to go before Rarity comes back.” Sweetie Belle said. But it was of no use as the two other fillies simply ran right past her.

“What’s up with the couch? All the pillows are spread across the room...Were you two doing a...”

“Pillow-fight?” Scootaloo and Apple Bloom said in unison as they giggled in glee and ran towards the pillows and started to throw them in random directions.

“Girls I don’t think it-” Dim got off mid-sentence when Scootaloo hit him in the face with a pillow.

“Girls ser-” he got hit again with a pillow.

“Okay, then be like that.” Dim picked up a pillow and tossed it across the room, hitting something. “Got you.” he said.
“Uh, Dim you didn’t hit anypony.” Scootaloo said.

“But I heard it hit something, it didn’t sound like a wall.” Dim looked over to where the pillow had landed to see some other white thing. “What’s that over there?” Dim asked, trotting over to the unknown object. He noticed something move a little. Moving closer he realized that it has a head and paws. “Oh, I didn’t know Rarity had a cat, Sweetie Belle. Here kitty kitty.” Dim began to approach Opal.

“NO!” All the crusaders scream in unison.

“Why, it’s just a-” Dim’s face was violently scratched at. “Okay, dangerous kitty.” he said as he sped back to the other side of the room. Opal did the same, but instead scurried upstairs.

“Told you so.” one of the crusaders said.

“Why did it hurt me?” Dim asked Sweetie Belle.

“She kind of hates everypony except Rarity,” she answered.

“I wish I knew that before, I think the cuts are starting to bleed.” Dim said as he rubbed his hoof on his cheek revealing a small amount of blood. “Do you have any band-aides?” he asked.

“Plenty in the bathroom.” Sweetie Belle replies “And as for you two, I think it’s best if you go now before Rarity comes.”

“Fine.” they grunted as they walk over to the door. The moment they left, Sweetie Belle lets out a deep sigh.

“That wasn't that bad.” she mumbled trotting over to the couch and spreading herself on it. After a few minutes Dim returned, without a band aid.

“Why didn’t you grab a band aid?”

“It stopped bleeding after I rinsed it. Care to warn me about other cute but lethal animals before they attack me?” Dim said at which Sweetie Belle simply lets out a giggle.

“So now what?” Dim asked.

“Well, we could do makeovers?” Sweetie suggested with a smile.

“Um, I’m a colt; I can’t get a makeover, that’s filly stuff. ” Dim said eyeing her with a confused look. He then laid his head back on his hooves and lets out another yawn.

“A quick nap won’t hurt.” he said closing his eyes. Sweetie Belle walked over and placed herself next to him as well.

“Tired already?” she asked while nuzzling into his back. “Wait until we go crusading again.” she said giggling. At this, Dim re positioned himself, grabbing a hold of Sweetie Belle in the process.

“No adventure talk, sleepy time now.” he said while he held her in his embrace. She felt soft and warm as he could feel her lungs vibrate at every breath she took. It was very soothing.

“Okay,” Sweetie inched a little closer pressing her chest flat against his side. “But we have to put the pillows back before any sleeping.”

“I guess you’re right,” Dim said getting off the couch and walking towards the closest pillow. “Help me?” Dim asked.

“Right.” Sweetie agreed as she too picked up a pillow and placed it on the couch. “There’s a few more over there” she pointed to the mid-center of the room.

“There’s a few more everywhere.” Dim said looking around.

Several minutes of picking up pillows later, they finally were done getting all the pillows that were scattered all across the room. The last bits of energy were now drained from their bodies.

“Ugh, my body.” Dim said as he trotted back to the couch, slowly as he didn’t want to lose anymore energy. Sweetie Belle simply followed him.

He dropped himself back on the couch she dropped herself next to him again, holding him tight she commenced to nuzzle his neck once again as she layed there savoring the warmth in his embrace. It felt good being so close to him, she felt safe and loved.

She moved her head closer and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

“Thanks Dim.”

“Thanks for what?” Dim asked half opening his eyes.

“For being there for me when I need you the most, even though it’s only been a few days.” she said tightening the embrace while she pressed her cheek against his chest.

“It’s what I do. You’re special to me, don’t ever forget that.” Dim sa. Sweetie Belle closed her eyes as she rested on his chest, breathing softly in his embrace she let out a small yawn as she cuddled closer to him. Several minutes later Dim could hear light snoring from the filly sleeping soundly on his chest. With a satisfied smile he closes his eyes as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I’m home,” Rarity said entering the boutique. Entering the main room she saw Sweetie Belle cuddled up close to Dim Shadow, her head laying on his chest as they were both fast asleep.

“Aren’t they just precious?” Rarity said softly. She slowly trotted upstairs into her room, after grabbing a blanket she returned downstairs back to the two. She walked over and lays it on them.

“Maybe I should go to Dim’s parents and ask if they’re comfortable with a sleep over.” Rarity said leaving the boutique.

Sweetie Belle opened her eyes wide.

“Dim, did you hear that? We’re going to have a sleepover!” she said letting out a squee in delight. Sweetie Belle nudged Dim a few times to wake him up. He half opened his eyes and looked over to the white filly who was now practically bouncing next to him.

“Hmm?” he asked a bit groggy and not knowing why she was so happy.

“Didn’t you hear? Rarity said we could have a sleepover!” she continued bouncing.

“Really?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“Yes!” she said tackling him into a hug. “This is going to be so much fun.”

Dim just grinned at the sight in front of him. Maybe it was going to turn out fun after all...