• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,119

Right about now

Thanks to "NightShader for editing. Also, thanks to "TexPony and "multiple bronies" for pre reading.



The four ponies began to walk back to barn from their "adventure".

"That was so much fun!" Scootaloo yelled in excitement with a smile on her face.

"I know right!" Sweetie Belle chipped in, also with a big smile on her face, almost extending to her eyes.

"I loved it!" Apple Bloom also said with same expressions as everypony else.

"It sure was fun! I can't believe that all happened. It was such a misadventure. I mean with the go-kart and the beavers, how was what we did even possible?" Dim Shadow said with a small smile on his face.

"I don't know, but it was amazing. We have to do it again sometime." Sweetie Belle said, quite happy and wanting to do the day over again if she could.

"You could say that again," Scootaloo said. "How long was all of that? Dim can you check your watch?" she asked.

"Sure, it's about four. Whoa, we were out for quite awhile. I think I should go home by now, it also looks like it's going to rain." he told the girls.

"Okay then, see you later Dim," Scootaloo said, giving a small wave.

"Bye girls," Dim said to the other two crusaders.

"Bye Dim," the other two crusaders said to Dim also giving a small wave.

"Hey Dim, I've got a question." Sweetie said just as Dim began to walk away.

"Yes?"

"Do you wanna hang out with us again tomorrow if you don't have anything to?" Sweetie Belle offered.

"Do you guy’s hangout with each other every day?" he asked.

"Pretty much," Sweetie answered.

"Sure, but I might sleep in after today so I may be a little late," Dim said, making sure it was okay to be late.

"It's fine, you can show up whenever. You know where to find us." Sweetie Belle said.

"Okay then," Dim replied "see you three later tomorrow I guess." Dim waved again to the three giving a small smile then walking off.

"Bye!" they all said, also giving a friendly smile and wave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


Sweetie Belle's alarm clock went off, playing a loud but nice classical melody until the button was pressed to stop it. Sweetie Belle asked Rarity if she could have the clock taken out since it was summer, but the only response she got was something about how summer messes up a pony's internal clock or something and then it's hard to wake up when school starts again. However, she did convince her sister to set the alarm an hour later than her normal time to wake up for school. Sweetie Belle groaned then leaned over and turned the clock off by lazily hitting her hoof on it. She was still tired but she knew that Rarity would pester her until she woke up. Luckily Sweetie usually wakes up right before the clock goes off, normally about five minutes earlier or so.

Sweetie stretched and then hopped out of bed, landing on the cool carpeted floor of her room. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the time, 8:04 a.m. the clock read.

"I better start getting ready," Sweetie said, walking out of her room. She walked into the hallway to see her sister holding a bag.

"Sweetie Belle dear, I got your new Cutie Mark Crusader sashes done. How do they look?" she asked, giving Sweetie Belle the bag. Sweetie set the bag on the ground then took out one of the sashes and unfolding it. It looked almost exactly like the one Dim made, but with color.

"They're amazing Rarity, thank you!" she said, hugging her sister.

"It was nothing. I even made one for your "friend"." Rarity said, putting stress on the word friend to tease her sister.

"Thanks," Sweetie said, ignoring her sister's remark. "But he isn't in the group; he already has a cutie mark."

"Give it to him anyways, as a gift or something of the sort." Rarity suggested. Can't she take a hint? she thought.

"Okay, good idea." Sweetie said, liking her sister's suggestion.

"I'd like to keep talking but I have to get ready." Rarity said.

"Ready for what?" Sweetie asked.

"An important client is coming today to see a new dress design and I must look very presentable and official." she said.

"I also have to get ready," Sweetie said.

"Then we shouldn't be stalling each other." Rarity said walking off to another room in the boutique.

"See you later." she said to her sister.

Sweetie then walked into the kitchen to try and make some breakfast. Knowing that she had to leave soon and Rarity was too busy to make anything, Sweetie went into the counter and got two slices of bread and was about to put them into the toaster when Rarity dashed into the room.

"Sweetie Belle no!" she shouted bolting between her sister and the toaster. Knowing her sister wasn't the best cook and remembering the last time she tried to make something on her own.

"What?" Sweetie backed up, a little startled.

"Well, uh um... how about you just have a breakfast bar today? I insist, dear." Rarity said with a large, fake, smile.

"Okay, I guess." Sweetie replied.

Rarity reached into the counter and pulled out a box that contained the bars. She pulled out two and gave them to Sweetie Belle. "You like orange and oats, correct?" she asked.

"Yep, thanks Rarity." she said, opening the wrapper. Rarity then walked out of the kitchen as Sweetie took a bite out of the bar. She took another bite then remembered the bag with the sashes. Sweetie put the two bars on the table and trotted over to the bag she left at the kitchen's entrance; she picked it up and decided to put it by the door so she wouldn't forget them.

"What was I doing? Oh yeah, getting ready," Sweetie said out loud. "I better get in the shower quickly; before it's time to go." And so she did, Sweetie finished her breakfast and got in the shower. I wonder how the others will like the new sashes. What will I do with them if they don't though? That might hurt Dim's feelings. Oh, I hope they like it. she thought to herself. She didn't want the design to be rejected by her friends. Maybe I should have shown them first before I had Rarity make them, dang it. Sweetie Belle thought the others would like the idea but never really asked them. She just hoped that they'd like it. I'd better get out now. she thought. Sweetie turned the nozzle on shower until it stopped dripping. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself, allowing her coat to dry. After about fifteen minutes Sweetie Belle thought it was about time to go.

"Rarity I'm leaving now!" she shouted, hoping her sister would hear, so she didn’t have to look for her throughout the boutique.

"Okay!" her sister shouted back in response.

Sweetie Belle grabbed the bag with the sashes, opened the door, and headed out on her usual path.

____________________________________________________________


"Where are they?" Diamond angry said out loud. Around this point she was getting impatient.

"Right here, Diamond," Rider said as he came around the corner of the building with a smile on his face, eager to do what today's plans were.

"Good, where's your friend?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"I'm here, I'm here." Heavy Weight said as he too came around the corner of the building, but with a rather plain facial expression as if it were just another day.

"Okay, have any of you seen Silver Spoon yet?" she asked the two colts.

"Nope." they both responded.

"Well she better be here soon because we only have a few minutes before we go and-"

"I'm here," Silver said appearing behind the three. "Did you honestly think I would miss out on something like this?" she said, pushing her glasses up slightly.

"Good, now that we're all here, I think we should get going." Not giving the other three a chance to answer she began to walk to where Sweetie Belle was going to be.

"You never told us exactly what we'll be doing you know..." Heavy Weight said.

"Like I said, you'll know what to do." Diamond replied.

After a few minutes of no talking they arrived at the alleyway of two buildings.

"Now we wait until she comes along. It shouldn't be too long." Diamond said, peering around the corner.

"Okay then," Heavy Weight said, barely tolerating Diamond's excitement.
______________________________________________________________

Sweetie Belle hummed a soft tune trotting down the road, lost in her thoughts. Noticing nopony was around she started to think out loud.

"I wonder what time it is. Dim said he's going to be late I wonder what time he'll be there." Sweetie was about to go back to humming her song when Diamond Tiara stepped out of a nearby alleyway.

"You'll be wishing he were here right about now." Diamond Tiara said as Silver Spoon, Rider, and Heavy Weight stepped out, all of them looking maniacally at her.