• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,115 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,115

There's no such thing as monsters

The Crusaders and Dim Shadow finally got back to the club house. Dim's hurt leg didn't slow them down too much at all. They made their way in and shut the door behind them.

"Now what?" Dim asked.

"Well, we was gonna play in the field, but no that you're here..." Apple Bloom said.

"Oh, it's okay, you three can play without me. I'll just stay here, I'll be fine."

"We can't just leave you here alone, that would be rude please come with us," Sweetie Belle begged, good manors towards other ponies was important to her, Rarity taught her that. One of the most important things when being around friends is to never leave one alone while the rest go play or do something.

"It's fine, really. If it starts to feel better, I'll come play with you. I promise." Dim said, not wanting Sweetie to feel bad.

"Okay then," Sweetie Belle lowered her head, still feeling as if she was doing something wrong, then walked out the door. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom looked back at Dim then followed their friend. The door shut and there was a silence.

Dim began to look around and exam the club house. When he was there earlier; he didn't get the chance to really look around and see things. The floor was a light green color and so was the ceiling. The walls weren't painted, so they just had the color of wood. There was two windows, one had curtains, the other didn't. There was a normal table, a few chairs, and single lantern hanging from the ceiling. He also noticed a ladder leading to the second floor. "Nice place," he said allowed. He slowly began to walk around the club house. He saw some picture frames and began to try to see who was in the pictures. There was a picture of Scootaloo with a rainbow pegasus. Dim turned his head and looked at the other picture. It had a filly that was also wearing a crusader cape.

After a few minutes of looking around Dim noticed that his leg was starting to feel much better, as if it was never hurt in the first place. Dim thought for a second then decided to bend and flex his leg. It didn't hurt at all. "Well, maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was." Dim trotted around for a bit just to make sure it was all good. Dim, remembering his promise, started to head out the door and find the three fillies. He began to walk down the trail to the farm when he felt something. Not physically, but something inside. Like it was a bad idea to keep going down the path, as if something bad was about to happen. He glanced both left and right, not noticing anything. He paused then began to walk again, then getting the same feeling. He couldn't quite figure out what it was. Was somepony following him, watching him? Dim Shadow turned around, "Hello?" he said, waiting for a response. Nothing. He began to walk again, and again, the same feeling. "Okay this isn't funny!" Dim began to turn around and go in the woods. "Girls? Is that you? Come out." Silence. Nothing but silence. He turned back around to get back on the trail, but as he walked, he never came upon the trail, just more and more apple trees. "Did I take a wrong turn? I barley walked in the woods." he frustratingly said. Then just as he said that, a bush near by shook. Dim jumped, startled. He cautiously began to walk toward the bush, Dim lost his trust in bushes after today, he continued to creep closer. He was next to the bush now, then jumped in. "What the?" Dim was surprised as to what he found. The bush had no sticks or twigs, it was hollow. And to add to strangeness there was a marking on the ground where all the sticks and branches of the bush would be coming from. He looked at it closely. I was what appeared to be an O... with an X through it. Something odd was going on, Dim knew. He quickly jumped out of the bush.

Dim backed away slowly. He turned his whole body around and not even 20 feet away from him there was a figure. Dim could make out that it was a very tall , skinny, pure white stallion... in a suit... with no... face. Dim just starred blankly, unable to move for a few moments, trying to comprehend what he was seeing. But then, some unknown force made Dim start to walk toward the "pony". Dim tried to fight it, but it was no use. He kept walking toward the pony, who was still standing perfectly still. Dim was terrified, he was about 10 feet away from it now. He was breathing heavily, very heavily. 5 feet. Dim couldn't take it anymore, he used all of his strength and tried to stop walking. He was almost face to face with the faceless pony, 3 feet away. Dim now felt nothing but sick to his stomach, he knelled to ground, as if he was going to throw up. He looked up and the faceless pony was now starring down. It turned it's head to the side as it leaned closer. The pony's faceless head began to flash with the mark in the bush between each flash.

"Dim." he heard a voice call. The creature now had long, dark, tentacles coming from it's back. Dim was speechless, unable to scream.

"Dim." the voice called again.

"Dim!" Dim woke up, on the floor of the club house sweating and screaming. His heart pounding, almost coming out of his chest. "Dim, what's wrong?" Sweetie said, rushing to Dim's side. He was breathing heavily.

"Wh-what was that?!" Dim shouted.

"What was it?"

"A- a- a monster or something! I don't know!" Dim didn't lower his voice.

"It's okay, it was just a bad dream. Calm down." Sweetie said softly, trying to comfort Dim.

"Bu- bu- but it felt so real. There was this tall, thin, faceless pony in a suit an-and,"

"It's fine." Sweetie hugged Dim trying to calm him down.

Dim started to settle down, realizing that none of that could have been real. There's no such thing as monsters.

"Okay," Dim said breathing normally now, snapping back to reality.

"I came in to check on you, to see if you were feeling away better, you know, with your leg," she said smiling and blushing.

Dim got up. "Yeah, it's fine now." he lied, he was not staying by himself alone in the woods. "Let's go," Dim said trying to get away from this place as fast as he could. He held the door open for Sweetie Belle.

"Thank you," she said, walking down the ramp.

"You're welcome," he replied, before he shut the door he looked out the window. Behind a tree Dim could see a white pony in a suit. Dim shook his head and blinked a few times, it was gone, nopony was there. Dim let out a soft, sarcastic chuckle, "There's no such thing as monsters."

Author's Note:

Remember, if you favorite, leave a like.