• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 469 Comments

When I Cry - Brony Hectic



When a new colt moves to Ponyville in the beginning of summer he quickly finds trouble with some delinquents and quickly finds what he might call love.

  • ...
25
 469
 3,119

The Journal

Thanks to "Diarch" for editing this chapter. Also thanks to "TexPony" and "NightShader" for proofreading.



"Sweetie Belle wait! Please!" Dim Shadow yelled, how was he going to describe this to Sweetie Belle? Would she even believe him if he caught up to her? The filly was about fifteen meters away from him. "Please let me explain!" That didn't even slow her down. All Dim Shadow could hear is a loud crying. Dim in pursuit of Sweetie was thinking about what just happened. He thought, Did that just happen? How could she think of a plan like that. She's smart. He began to pant Silver Spoon really hates me. I like that. But she did this for vengeance. Dim wasn't the one to let others get the best of him. "I won't let her win this." Dim doubled his speed, quickly catching up to Sweetie Belle "Sweetie please let me explain."

"Why should I!" Sweetie Belle didn't stop running.

"Because..."

"No!" Sweetie Belle yelled, trying to outrun Dim Shadow.

"Because I can explain what just happened and second if you don't stop I'll trip you." Dim said, causing Sweetie Belle to stop upon hearing option two.

"Fine then, explain why you were kissing Silver Spoon!"

"I wasn't," Dim said, trying to catch his breath.

"Yes you were! I saw you!" Sweetie still had tears in her eyes.

"It's hard to explain, I thought she was you and I couldn't see because she was blocking my eyes and, eh."

"You expect me to believe that?!" Sweetie shouted.

"Well, yeah... that's what happened. I don't know how else to put it. She hates me, she knows I like you, she wants me to be unhappy. So, she did that." Dim was hoping that would make sense to her, there really was no other way of explaining what had just happened.

Sweetie Belle sniffled, "You promise that you're telling the truth?" she asked with a small tear in her eye.

"Of course I do Sweetie Belle. Why would I lie to you?"

"Okay then," she began to smile a little. "I'm sorry for running off without letting you explain." Sweetie Belle then began hugging Dim Shadow.

"It's okay, I would have- Oh no!" Dim broke away from the hug, realizing something he failed to notice earlier.

"What is it?" Sweetie Belle asked, wondering what had just caused the sudden change in topic.

"It's not with me! I had it a second ago!" Dim was frantic.

"What? What is it?"

"No time, follow me." Dim began to run back to the farm entrance. Sweetie Belle began running a few seconds later.

"What is-" Sweetie didn't get to finish her sentence.

"My journal, it's not with me!"

"What, did you leave it at home?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"No, no, no it was with me when I came here! I think it fell out when Silver Spoon tackled me!" Dim started to run faster. "If it did, she might have taken it. What I write in there is really personal. Stuff about me that nopony else knows about. My inner thoughts and stuff. If she took it and reads it and she tells other ponies what's in it. Let's just say making friends will be a much larger problem than it usually is for me."

"It can't be that bad," Sweetie said, trying to calm him down.

"Easy for you to say, Now hurry!" They finally got back to the entrance. Dim was sweating and panicking when he got there.

"Over there, if it's anywhere, it would be around that area with the flowers. Start looking." Dim then sat down.

"Wait! Why do I have to look?" Sweetie asked.

"Because I'm really allergic to flowers. Just look, quick!"

"Okay then," Sweetie Belle walked in the tall flower patch, looking for Dim's journal. "I don't see anything." she said with disappointment in her voice.

"No! She must have took it! Damn it! She couldn't have gotten far. Come on, let's look for her." Dim was getting frantic.

"But, what about the crusading you said you would help us with today?" Sweetie said,

"I'm going to look for her, you can stay and go crusading with your friends if you want, but I need to find that filly."

"But...- fine, I'll help." Sweetie sighed.

"Great let's get going. Right now." Dim began to look for any traces of hoof prints or any form of sign about where Silver Spoon had gone. Dim looked around the grass and dirt and finally he found something. "Look, the grass is stomped here." Dim began following the fade impressions in the grass up a hill.

"How do you even know that these are hoof-prints? They don't even look like hoof-prints." Sweetie Belle said. Sweetie Belle thought that Dim Shadow was taking this a little too far. It was just a stupid journal. Who cares if some random pony reads it? It couldn't hold that many personal secrets... could it? she thought.

"Well, they're imprints of a small hoof shaped object, so it's the best lead I have come on, the prints should be clearer going down hill. Now come on!" Dim began following the hoof-prints at a faster pace now, but as he got more down the hill, the more faded they became. The grass would only take so long before it stood up again, regaining it's natural shape, which would erase the prints.

"Hey, I think Diamond Tiara was probably helping Silver Spoon with this plan. Those two are always with each other," said Sweetie Belle.

"You're probably right." Dim reverted his attention back on the hoof prints that were getting harder and harder to see. "Come on, come on. Stop erasing your self's!" Dim shouted at the grass but it was too late, the tracks were too unclear and couldn't be seen. "Okay, new plan, split up and look for them. We'll go into town and look for them. Yeah, yeah, that'll work."

"Dim, you're seriously taking this a little too far. It's just a stupid diary." Sweetie Belle said.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. Now please help me out. It won't take long, there can only be so many places they could be at."

"Dim, this is the whole town you're talking about. That could take us forever to look for them."

"If you don't want to look, fine by me."

"I'll help but I won't look for them through one whole half of the town. They're probably behind a building or something."

"You're right, now lets start." Dim was about to run off, but Sweetie Belle asked him something.

"Wait, what should I do if I find them. They're stronger than me."

"Well, just take it and run. Destroy it with magic if you have to. If you bring it back in one piece, I'll do whatever you want, no questions asked. Let's meet back here in about ten minutes." Dim Shadow didn't give Sweetie Belle any time to answer, he ran off into town looking for Silver Spoon and his journal in a flash.

"Okay then," Sweetie sighed and began to walk into the opposite side of town. "I can't believe that he's making such a fuss over a silly diary. Nothing those two could learn about him could be that bad right? What's the worst that could happen?" Sweetie was a little frustrated with Dim until something in her head said, What if those two got their hooves on your diary?. "Oh dear, that would be the most terrible thing to happen to me since I broke Rarity's flawless ruby." Sweetie Belle was starting to understand why Dim was acting like that. "I don't even have that many secrets in my diary and if those two got it, it would still be the worst thing to happen to me. They would spread rumors and ruin me. Dim probably has super personal things in there, and knowing Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, what those two would do... I need to find them." Sweetie Belle picked up her pace and started looking behind buildings, trash cans, trees, etc.
At the speed Sweetie was going, it wasn't long before she heard familiar giggles and laughs coming from behind a spa. "Time to repay two days ago." Sweetie said before marching to where she heard the laughs and giggles.