• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 948 Views, 33 Comments

The Initiation - xDan



When Twilight Sparkle gets wind of her transformation into a prestigious alicorn, she gets a bit too excited...

  • ...
8
 33
 948

The Initiation

The following was found deep within the vaults of Studio B Productions. It appears to be a script written for the 13th episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’s third season.


It was a bright and sunny morning in Canterlot. Twilight and her five best pony friends, plus Spike, were walking through the large city, looking around at the interesting landscape and architecture.

“I’m starting to wonder why Princess Celestia called us all here,” Twilight said to her friends. “I mean, it’s not like King Sombra returned, or Discord has suddenly become bad again, or something of the sort... I don’t think so, anyway.” She gulped nervously.

“I don’t know,” Rainbow Dash sighed. “But that letter did look serious...”

“Ooh!” Pinkie Pie called out. “Maybe there’s a giant party going on, and Princess Celestia called us here to PAR-TAY!”

“Now lookie here, Pinkie Pie,” Applejack said as she looked towards the hopping pony. “Ah don’t think the princess would give us a letter like that just for a party. Ah mean, look at the castle. Ah don’t see a party goin’ on.” She gestured in the vague direction the castle was in, revealing that it was indeed very un-party-like.

“Ooh!” Pinkie Pie said in a yelling-kind-of-whisper, keeping her voice excited all the same. “Maybe it’s a super-secret surprise party!”

“Pinkie, dear,” Rarity said to Pinkie, a small hint of irritation in her voice. “Stop roughhousing and get ready to meet with the princesses. This is a very special and distinguished occasion, and we do not want to seem like... ruffians.” Pinkie sighed and slowly descended to the ground.

The six of them walked on until they were mere feet away from the large castle. They walked in solemnly and eventually met with the princess in her throne room. Nearby were Luna and Discord, standing right next to each other in a very formal sort of fashion. Twilight and her friends were getting anxious at this meeting. Twilight thought, Why would these important characters attend a meeting like this if... Wait, Princess Celestia’s saying something...

“My faithful student,” Celestia said, looking towards Twilight. “and the fellow Elements of Harmony.” The princess scanned around to the other ones, who stared at the princess blankly, fear and anxiety filling their emotionless eyes. She quickly turned her head back to the purple pony. “As you may know, I am over fifteen hundred years old. After such time, even an alicorn begins gradually losing their power. And, as you all know, my job is to raise and lower the sun so my sister can bring up the moon. However, it is getting increasingly harder to do this job, and soon, I will not be able to.”

Shock filled the eyes of the ponies standing nearby. The thought “What is she going to do with her lowered power?” circled through the minds of all of the ponies standing there.

Celestia continued, “Though my sister is powerful enough to raise the moon still, she cannot easily raise the sun. Therefore, before I go into permanent retirement from doing my job, I must find a new pony to raise and lower the sun. And so, the I’ve decided is you, Twilight Sparkle.”

“M-me?” Twilight said quietly, her voice trembling. “I-I can’t lift up the sun! I’m not strong enough!”

“I know that,” Celestia said. “But, I can gift you the powers of an alicorn. With these, you can take my responsibilities as princess of Equestria.”

A large gasp came from the ponies nearby. Fluttershy and Rarity fainted simultaneously.

“Will I really be able to do this?” Twilight said, getting some tears in her eyes.

“Of course,” Celestia said, putting her hoof under Twilight’s chin. “I would not give this task to you if I didn’t think you could accomplish it.”

Twilight sniffed. “D-do you think so?”

“I know so,” Celestia said confidently.

Twilight said some farewells to her friends. She was sad that she’d lose them forever, sad that she’d have to take up the duties of a princess instead of a true friend.

A single tear fell from the mare’s eyes. She slowly dragged herself up to the towering princess. “I... I’m ready, princess.”

“Do not worry, my faithful student,” said the Sun Princess. “Your personality will not change, and you will still have your friends. Of course, they will be there with you forever.” A small smile crept up on Celestia’s face. She quickly lost the grin and looked to her side towards Discord and Luna. “Alright, you two. I’ll need a lot of magical energy for this. I need your help.” The two nodded slowly and walked over to the sides of Celestia. “Are you ready?”

“I am ready, sister,” Luna said.

“As am I,” said Discord.

“Then let us do this,” Celestia said with an unimaginable amount of strength and confidence in her voice.

Celestia’s horn flared up with magic. The aura surrounded her long horn, giving off a weakish and dim light that still held a substantial amount of power in it. Suddenly, Luna’s horn lit up as well and Discord procured aura to surround him, also. The aurora raised into the air, and suddenly, the three beams mixed into one, creating a bright rainbow that moved around in a circular pattern in the air, moving around the room, creating a seemingly perfect circle. The brightness gave off a radiant light that lit up the room, even with the sun blaring outside.

“Art thou ready,Twilight Sparkle?” Luna called out.

The unicorn slowly closed her eyes. “Yes. I am ready.”

The floating aura suddenly lost its circling orbit; it flew up into the air. It sat there, high up, waiting to fall down like a predator waiting to pounce its prey. Suddenly, it fell down from the high area and struck right through the purple unicorn, causing her to emit a bright glow similar to that of a shooting star.

Twilight felt a tremendous amount of potency surging through her. So much power... enough power to rule the world.

However, Celestia may have overestimated her faithful subject: there was a little too much power within the blast. Twilight felt the sheer, raw energy building up too much inside her. It had already started to give her internal pain. Then suddenly, she heard and felt a large CRACK! inside her left foreleg. Suddenly, another one in her right foreleg. Then, all throughout her body, she felt the same sensation happen; the mare felt every bone in her body breaking... no, disintegrating.

Then suddenly, a pop. A loud one. A large one. One that could shake a world with just the sound it emits. It was so powerful, every pony in the room had to look away to not get blinded or... worse.

When they felt it was safe, they looked back.

They saw a black blast from an explosion on the ground and purple feathers. Nothing else. No less, no more.

There was silence. Complete silence.

There was simply no need for words at this point, only slight gestures and facial motions told everything. Silently, all of the present pony party were crying, believing none of the others could see them. They all knew what must be done, but none of them had the courage to do it, for they no longer had a symbol to represent their friendship.

Without magic, there is no friendship.

Without friendship, there is no magic.

Life itself seemed have ended without friendship and magic.

The sky was extra dark that night.


~Fin.~

Author's Note:

One-shot co-written with GoldenEagle159. Give him cookies and shit.

This was created on January 29, 2013, the day shit went DOWN.

Written in under 60 minutes. Might revise the ending entire story later because we felt it was kinda rushed.

Just a little, though.

"Why did you write this?"
"Because I wanted to make an Alicorn Twilight fic before shit goes down 2: Electric Boogaloo."

Comments ( 33 )

One-shot co-written with GoldenEagle159. Give him cookies and shit.

>tfw diabeetus

Edit: Dis post numba. Quads check 'em.

2050000
I made sure they were sugar-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and fun-free.

2050008 NO FUN ALLOWED

>tfw it still has carbs and will kill me

That...
It wasn't exactly beautiful...
It wasn't what the bronies deserved
It was what the bronies needed.

Ok, I'm going to explain briefly about what has been going on in my mind I'm the past minute or so,

At first I was like, :pinkiegasp: Twilight died!?!?! :raritycry: but then I was like, "Author you lier I thought Twilight was supposed to turn into a alicorn!" :flutterrage: but then I realization hit me,"maybe Twilight turned into Celestial!":rainbowderp: "or maybe Celestial absorbed twilight into her body!":pinkiesick:
Then I decided to post this comment, just in case I missed anything. Then someone would tell me what I missed! I then nod to myself and posted this comment...

P.S. -my last comment was made by pure boredom, as this one as well.

2050636 No, she died. You didn't miss anything.

Though, as said in the author's notes, we might do something like an alternate ending, assuming we consider this the 'real' ending. We may or may not do anything, though.

2050636
She died.

If you dislike the story, please feel free to tell me why - I'm always looking to improve. :twilightsmile:

I'll check it out later. :moustache: Could you please read my stories?

2050935
Why did she die!? She was meant to turn into a Alicorn!? :applecry:

2053989
The insinuation was that she turned into an alicorn in her imagination, assuming that her death was part of the transformation.

Also, I find it slightly prejudiced that you dislike just because of subject matter rather than execution. :u

2050935
>tfw you don't care that I helped write this

;_;

I am starting to see alot of ' saids ' but I can live with that.

---J.

No. Do not edit a thing. This is perfect exactly as it is.

2058352
If you're being honest, thanks so much! It means quite a lot.

2058382
Angus T. Jones approves, apparently

XiF

2050935 iz bcz u iz teh sux0rz

This is a very good story! The plot is slightly overused, but you described the moments like a plot would go for a real episode. Though, note, they would use it like this:
(Name): "(speech)"
(Actions or emotions)
But otherwise, a wonderful story!

2125147 You can't write stories like that, you know. It's against the story rules.

2075988 nein du

2052321

You know, most people don't like them and to be honest, advertising like that annoys most people.

2050657

You have the same avatar as me... Time to change it soon...

2311133
Not only is it annoying, it falls within the rule violation of Spam.

2311133, lol really? In that case, I already have my new avatar. You can keep yours, I think I would be more comfortable if I knew the avatar I was using was of my own work...

P.N. -I'm going to change it on Monday, due to me going somewhere far-far away from my computer tomorrow. Don't worry though, I will change it on Monday, I pinkie promise.:twilightsmile:

2050894, so... she died? As in Celestia called her all the way to canterlot just to get blasted into nothingness? Or was there a strange backstory for this that you didn't mention to anyone... but yourself:rainbowderp:

P.S -lol its been 7 weeks since I've last looked at this story. Its also been 7 weeks since I got addicted to reading the stories on this site and posted that weird caffeine-fueled comment. Strange how I come back to this story just to reply to a dude, who coincidentally had the same avatar as me. :twilightsheepish:

2311204

Well, I could change it anyways too.

Because I have a lot of snips that I could be using for Fimfiction.

2311256
It was an accident.

2313765 Thats it? An accident killed Twilight then "The End".Not to be mean but pretty pathetic at least say in a different chapter what happened to her friends :applejackunsure: Or are you going to be a :trollestia: if you are :facehoof:

Incredible how you predicted the season 9 opener six years in advance

Login or register to comment