• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 12,513 Views, 1,100 Comments

Kick about! Los Lobos! - Dirty Bit



Watch as a coyote and his cub finally meet with a pack of their own...

  • ...
38
 1,100
 12,513

Capitulo Veinticuatro

Capitulo Veinticuatro

Moving On

Back at Town Hall, Twilight was surprised to see Vera wake up from her small coma courtesy of Derpy. She ignored the crowd in front of the entrance and approached her "Vera, are you alright?"

Vera moaned lightly as she rubbed her head "A little; my head still hurts from when I woke up."

Derpy chuckled awkwardly "Yeah, that was my bad. Sorry..." She said as her ears drooped.

Vera blinked at Derpy "That was you?" She asked as she tilted her head "I never knew that..."

"Wait a minute..." Twilight said before she herself looked confused "You mean you don't remember Derpy chasing after you and knocking you out?"

Vera stared at Twilight "I was being chased? The last thing I remembered was working with my sisters, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike at the spa. Derpy and her family were helping us when they arrived, and that was all that I can remember."

Twilight rubbed her chin "But how can that be possible when you and your sisters were afraid of Starrk?"

Vera craned her head with an incredulous glance "What? Sure, he damaged Ponyville, but what reason do I have to be afraid of Starrk?" She defended.

Applejack huffed at Vera with skeptical eyes "That sure as hay was th' way yer sisters acted when they came here." She said pointedly.

Big Macintosh nodded in agreement "Eeyup."

Sparkler widened her eyes 'Impossible! My spell wore off?' She looked over at Derpy and snuck a glare 'So that cross-eyed buffoon is responsible for this...'

Rarity frowned "You and your sisters acted in such a way and ran off shortly after! Which reminds me..." She looked down at the crowd and spotted Aloe and Lotus looking up, fear still lingering in their eyes "We should probably consult with them as well."

Lilynette, who broke away from Pinkie's grip, looked over at Aloe and Lotus as well with a suspicious glance "Hey, you're right!" She pointed an accusing hoof "Get up here, you two!" Lilynette barked authoritively.

Aloe and Lotus cautiously went up the stairs up to where their sister stood with the group, and Lilynette squinted her eyes at them "If your sister's not afraid of Starrk anymore, then why are you two still acting cowardly?"

Lotus shook her head "We're not acting! We're terrified of his presence." She gasped when she remembered Lilynette "And you're a part of him! He must've planned to leave and let you finish us off!"

Lilynette growled "Are you stupid!? Yeah, maybe I don't like you or the other ponies around here, but why would I wanna kill you?"

Derpy, Dinky, and Sparkler trotted up behind the red filly, the former looking threatened "Okay, that's enough. It's one thing to drive Starrky out of town, but Lily had nothing to do with the way you're acting!" Derpy snapped.

Twilight narrowed her eyes at Aloe and Lotus "She's right. But what also strikes me as suspicious is how you two are still acting this way, while Vera is oblivious to this whole situation after she woke up."

Lilynette hummed after she heard Twilight before she grinned deviously "Only one way to find out..." She said before she hopped up and punched Lotus square on the head, causing her to fly back from the stairs and tumble across the ground until she laid knocked out from Lilynette's hit. The crowd gasped and murmured tentatively at the scene.

Vera watched with widened eyes "Lotus!" She called out before galloping to her sister's side.

The others stared dumbfounded at the sudden action, and Rarity pointed a hoof "Lilynette, are you out of your mind!?"

Lilynette cast a sideways glare at Rarity "Of course not. I'm just trying to test something out is all!" She looked over at Lotus as she laid down, the crowd next to her growing more concerned and fearful of the red filly.

Aloe shrieked and backed away from Lilynette "My sister was right! Lilynette is just as destructive as Starrk!" She said as she galloped towards Lotus with Vera.

Derpy was just as surprised, until she looked over at Vera and gave a low gasp before turning to her friends "Wait a minute, everypony! Lilynette might be onto something!" She said as she moved to join Aloe at Lotus' side. While Aloe and Vera stared with tearful and worried eyes, Derpy's eyes rotated while they squinted. After a small moment, black mist began to trail out of Lotus' closed eyes, causing Derpy to perk up "It happened again!"

Twilight was curious at Derpy's shift of behavior and trotted towards her and Aloe "What happened? What's going on?" She said as she inspected Lotus for any head injuries.

Derpy quickly turned her head to Twilight "When I knocked out Vera after tackling her, some black stuff just seeped out of her eyes and she was back to normal after she woke up. I think the same thing might happen to Lotus as well!"

Vera looked over at Derpy with hope in her eyes "Are you certain? She's not dead?"

Derpy smiled cheerfully at Aloe "Of course not. She'll wake up and act like she was never afraid of Starrky to begin with; just like you!"

Pinkie hopped in the air jubilantly "Yes! I knew Starrky wasn't a cold-blooded killer!" She stopped to point at the crowd with a stern expression on her face "You folks need to get a hold of yourselves." Pinkie said firmly.

Sparkler broke into a light sweat that - luckily for her - went undetected by the other ponies 'Unfathomable. They were able to undo my plan that quickly!? I need to find a way to make sure their fear stays intact...' She bolted towards the trio surrounding Derpy, earning the attention of Dinky and Lilynette, who followed after her with curious expressions; Pinkie hopped over as well with her own curiosity.

When Lilynette gathered with the others, she inspected Lotus as well with an impatient glance and nudged at her "C'mon, get up already."

She was lightly shoved away by Twilight "Easy, Lilynette." She said as she looked at the ponies surrounding Lotus "C'mon, everypony. Let's give her some room."

Sparkler stifled a grunt and broke the silence when Lotus showed no response "I think we're acting a bit hasty on this situation. We could be lucky if she's alive, but how can we be sure she won't change her mindset?"

Lilynette scoffed "If it worked for Vera, then it should work for Lotus." She turned to Dinky "Don't you believe me, Dinky?"

Dinky stared before looking over at Vera "Well, if it did work on Ms. Vera, then maybe we could be lucky if it worked on Ms. Lotus, too." She said as she smiled at Lilynette "I think you might've helped her, sis."

Lilynette shared smile with Dinky before staring intently at Lotus' body. When a murmur was heard, Twilight perked up "She's waking up. Now to see what happens..."

Lotus shifted her body to a proper laying position and rubbed her temple with a hoof before she got up while her eyes were closed. Everypony around her stared with varying levels of anticipation until Lotus opened her eyes to blink, then looked around "Wha-...Where am I? This isn't the spa."

Derpy grinned "Morning, Lotus. Can I ask you a question?" She said as she grabbed the blue mare's attention "Are you afraid of Coyote Starrk at all?"

Lotus blinked again before frowning "Absolutely not. He saved from Cerberus, after all. We're lucky to have Ponyville still standing thanks to his help."

Derpy gasped "It worked! She's okay!" She cheered. Her and Pinkie then hugged each other to hop up and down while they squealed in delight.

Twilight stared in awe "So it's true. But why did this happen all of the sudden?"

Vera smiled and hugged Lotus "Oh, thank goodness you're alright, Lotus. I was worried you weren't going to wake up."

Lotus returned the embrace, though was confused "I was asleep? But how? Were we not repairing the spa?"

Vera stopped her hug to stare at Lotus "I felt the same way as well. I woke up at Town Hall on a couch in Mayor Mare's office." She looked down despondently "I have no recollection as to what had happened."

Lotus stared at Vera before looking at Aloe "Aloe, do you feel the same way about us?"

Aloe backed away "What do you mean? Are you saying you're not actually afraid of Coyote Starrk? He'll kill us!"

Vera and Lotus stared at their sister in shock "Aloe, that's insane." Vera chided "What caused you to act this way?"

"The same thing that happened to the two of you."

The spa sisters focused their attention on Twilight, who donned a calculating gaze "All three of you were once afraid of Coyote, though Aloe currently feels the same way. After Lilynette tested her theory on Lotus as far as Vera's fear vanishing, I've come to a conclusion..." She narrowed her eyes "Somepony's been practicing dark magic!"

Pinkie and Derpy stopped cheering "Dark magic?" Pinkie parroted "But that's bad magic. Who could possibly practice dark magic in Ponyville?"

Dinky shivered in fear "Dark magic? But who would do such a thing?"

Lilynette gritted her teeth "Whoever it was is gonna deal with me once I find them." She stomped a hoof "I'll destroy them for making Starrk leave!"

It took all the energy inside of Sparkler to hide her rage over Twilight's declaration 'Curses! I have to find a way to draw them away from any claims they could make...' She grunted and spoke up "I'm just as curious as Pinkie, but whoever did so could've possibly expected us to figure it out sooner. If we continue to act upon this, we'll only give them what they want."

Twilight hummed after hearing Sparkler out "But it doesn't make any sense other than the goal of driving Starrk out of town. Why would anypony go so far as to practice dark magic for that reason?" She looked over at Sparkler "Also, why were the spa sisters the first target?"

Sparkler froze as Twilight and everypony else looked at her. She was ready to think of a lie, but she had to choose her words carefully. Before a lie could be properly thought, however, a loud and raspy yell was heard near the Everfree Forest, drawing everypony away from the current matter. Sparkler, for her part, was both confused and relieved 'Well, there's my opportunity to think of another plan...' She thought to herself as she watched a prismatic blur near Town Hall.

Everypony present noticed Rainbow Dash land on the ground and trot towards the entrance with an unexpected look of irritation on her face "Hey..." She greeted halfheartedly.

Twilight galloped to her friend and inspected her "Rainbow Dash, that was you, wasn't it? What happened?"

"I fell." Rainbow Dash replied instantly before shaking off her anger "So, what'd I miss while I was away?"

Twilight stared blankly at Rainbow Dash "You fell? In what?"

Rainbow Dash grunted and flailed a foreleg "It was just a tree or something. Can you just tell me what's going on?"

Twilight arched an eyebrow before looking back at Aloe, Lotus, and Vera "Well, Lilynette was able to shed some light on the situation in the form of knocking out Lotus." She winced "I'm glad she's not hurt too bad after that happened."

Rainbow Dash tilted her head in curiosity "Really? So what did you find?" She asked inquisitively.

Twilight looked back at Rainbow Dash with a serious gaze "I've come to the conclusion that somepony used dark magic to warp the minds of some of the ponyfolk. Lotus was back to normal with no memory of her acting paranoid around Starrk after she woke up."

Rainbow Dash widened her eyes "What? That's just-...but-" She shook her head "What the hay is going on? We only know one pony who's able to do dark magic, and he's gone!"

Twilight sighed "Be that as it may, we know that anypony could learn dark magic if they put their mind to it." She looked back at the spa sisters "Though, I don't know if knocking out everypony that fears Coyote would be a good idea."

Rainbow Dash snorted "What else can we do? Wait them out? They'll probably keep acting like this if we continue to ignore them!"

Sparkler saw her chance and piped up once more "I'm with Rainbow Dash. Perhaps the pony using dark magic is biding their time by having us struggle with each victim involved with their plan." She said as she looked over at the terrified crowd "Besides, we'd only become the new threat if we go after them all at once and we'll have to chase them around..."

Rainbow Dash scoffed as she stared down the ponies "That's a risk I'm willing to take; anything to get Starrk back!" She said as she stomped towards them, only to be stopped in a telekinetic hold "Hey!"

Twilight kept her hold on Rainbow Dash, though looked regretful in doing so "No, Rainbow. Sparkler's right. Besides, we're already suffering damage around town that's lucky to even be repaired. If we choose to tackle this now, we'll only slow things down."

Lilynette trotted towards Twilight "Then let me do it. I'm one for repairing this place, but I also want these idiots to remember who saved them from disaster."

Rainbow Dash smirked at Lilynette and looked over at Twilight "C'mon, Twilight; let me and Lilynette here handle this. We'll get them back to normal in no time at all. Besides, they won't even remember anything once we're through with them."

Twilight bit her lower lip as she mulled over on how to handle the situation between bringing Ponyville back to its better condition and neutralizing the fear that resides in some of the ponyfolk that once respected Starrk. She clenched her eyes shut until she shook her head "No...We can't."

Rainbow Dash and Lilynette scowled "Why not?" The two asked simultaneously.

Twilight sighed as she looked down "I know it sounds ill-favored to you, but our hooves our tied here. We're already busy with repairs, but if we go through with this, what if we end up playing a part in some grand plan and invite more danger towards Ponyville shortly after?" She looked over at Rainbow Dash "Starrk's already gone, and we were lucky to survive with his help. For all we know, this could end up being a ruse for something bigger."

Lilynette snorted defiantly 'Yeah right! As if there's another Aizen lurking around in Ponyville!'

Rainbow Dash stared until she sighed in defeat "Fine. We won't hurt them, but it's only because half of Ponyville's already in shambles. First we repair, THEN we'll knock some sense into them." She said with a determined gaze.

Twilight nodded "Of course. But first we'll have to convince them that there's nothing to fear, since their source is already gone." She released her hold on Rainbow Dash and the group headed back towards the entrance and onto the podium.

Lilynette was utterly displeased with the choice that Twilight decided to go with; she missed Starrk more than anypony in Ponyville, even if he is a slacker at times.

"Lily?"

Lilynette turned to see Dinky with a comforting smile "I know we'll see Mr. Starrk again once we're finished. Mommy says that usually good things come to those who wait."

The red filly stared at Dinky until she sighed "I hope your mom's right about that..." She said as she looked away. Lilynette received another warm nuzzle from Dinky that slightly lifted her spirits.

Twilight raised the megaphone with her magic and spoke into it "Attention, everypony. We're aware of how you feel, and we understand that we housed a powerful pony in our town, but he's gone now. As long as he's out of your sight, I'm sure he won't cause us any trouble at all."

The crowd murmured amongst themselves until a stallion pointed at Lilynette "What about her? She's a part of Starrk, so she shouldn't be left unattended. In fact, she could possibly be as dangerous as him!"

Lilynette growled "Why don't you shut u-" She was stopped by a red hoof belonging to Big Macintosh. She looked up to see him simple shake his head at her.

Derpy puffed her cheeks and effortlessly nabbed the megaphone out of Twilight's grasp to speak "Then consider her a member of the Hooves family until something happens!" She shouted "Lily's nothing like Starrk, and we'll prove it by moving on and fixing our town! Maybe then, every single one of you ponies can get over that stupid fear of yours!" Her defensive words drove the crowd to silence.

Lilynette looked up at Derpy, amazed at how she projected her anger in defending somepony like herself. She stared in mild admiration "She really cares about Coyote and I, huh?"

Dinky giggled "That's Mommy for ya." She quipped.

Fluttershy shivered at Derpy's volume "Oh my...Maybe we should do what she says. I don't think it's a good idea to keep this going."

Applejack sighed dejectedly "Guess we ain't got much of a choice. Ah'd probably side with Rainbow an' Lilynette iffin' we didn't have so much on our plates."

Twilight nodded to her friends "Okay, everypony. The reparation of Ponyville comes first, and then we'll get to the bottom of things." She held an encouraging smile "I'm sure we can follow Coyote's example and be quick about this."

Lilynette perked up and grinned "Then what are we waiting for? I wanna hurry up and find out whoever's messing with us!"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash chimed in "The sooner we get done with this thing, the sooner we can get my Starr-I-I mean get Starrk back!" She said with a faint blush. Lilynette raised her eyebrow at the cyan pegasus and her slip-up.

Pinkie grinned cheerfully "Alright, everypony! Back to work!" The party pony said as everypony went back to their areas of repairs.

Sparkler kept silent while she traveled with her family 'Well, at least I get to keep the fear I've snuck into those simpletons...Not only do they ward off that pesky espada, but they also act as a secondary source for my regeneration...' She smirked to herself 'All I have to do is bide my time and wait for my recovery to be complete...Then I can show these fools who is the rightful ruler of them all.'

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Just felt like sneaking another one in for your viewing pleasure before I'm swarmed with more work from college.

Not much to say here other than expect a major derp moment in the next chapter or so...:trixieshiftright:

Enjoy this chapter. Peace! :twilightsmile: