• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 2,074 Views, 93 Comments

The Ghost Of You - MadMan



Sequel to Intension. Twilight, Luna, and the Black Berets seek to stop the unstoppable.

  • ...
8
 93
 2,074

Endlessly, She Said

Author's Note:

Careful, this one gets a bit dicey.

Axion had to resist running down the hallway. Her hunger gnawed at her insides, craving and ravenous. She felt her legs tremble and her eyes wander unfocused. She stumbled side to side, meandering down the hallway like a drunk. The Kritz monitoring Canterlot Castle knew better than to ask if she needed assistance. In the craze brought on by her attrition, she would destroy any one of them without even noticing. They might be dull creatures, but after seeing enough of their fellows eviscerated, they are capable of learning.

Axion grinned, teeth bared. Even though her hunger was killing her, she loved it. Sometimes, such as now, she purposefully went nearly a week without feeding, just so she could get high on the starving. She loved it, it was her little guilty pleasure. She never let any but the Kritz guards see her like this. To the public, she was invincible, unstoppable. She was beyond mortal trappings. But deep down, she was still a pony, and ponies require sustenance.

She knew she should hate this feeling, that hunger should be rejected as a feeling that she had ascended past. And she knew that one day, she would. However, for now, she reveled in it. Even though she was on her way now to eat, she savored over drunken moment, every dandy thought.

She slammed the door open, then just as roughly closed. The heavy bolt was shot, and a thick shield waved into existence. A green glare bounced along the walls of the room where the shield met and converged. The room was heavily secured already, just the doorway was left open so she could enter and exit. The shield she threw up was hasty and would surely break if anypony was determined enough, but she would only need a warning. Not to mention, her castle was safe enough.

The room was black, but she could see well enough. It was large, but empty. There was no carpet on the stone floor, and no pictures gracing the cold stone walls. The only breaks in the grey expanse were four iron pegs set into the floor, near the back wall. Around these pegs were chains, not very large, but enchanted to hold the unicorn tightly and block her magic.

She had been a beautiful young thing, long ago when Axion found her. Glittering blue eyes, graceful legs, a wispy, flowing mane. Now, though, she was graying. Her eyes were dull and sad. She had been in chains for years, so long that she had forgotten her name. Axion remembered it, but cared not for it. She was a nameless source of sustenance, barely more than a plant. She was sustained by a spell that kept her nourished and hydrated, always fresh and healthy. Axion cared for her. She could use any unicorn virgin, but she liked this one, for some reason. Another contradiction to her stoic immortality, to be done away with eventually.

But for now, Axion was hungry.

The mare's neck, sides and back were heavily scarred. The scars were small and crescent shaped, and quite numerous. She saw Axion enter the room stumbling and lowered her head. She knew what was coming; the pain, the indignity. It was her purpose.

Axion lost her composure and ran across the room, teeth bared. She jumped and landed on the mare, biting into the nape of her neck. The skin split, and blood gushed forth. Axion's tongue darted about desperately, mopping up the mess. The blood dripped down her chin and onto the floor, but she didn't care.

She clenched her jaw and ripped the small chunk of flesh free, spitting it to the floor. She shoved her mouth onto the hole, sucking needily. She was a starving baby suckling at her mother. She knew nothing but to drink. She was an animal, despicable and pitiful.

And she loved it.

Before long, her crude lust was sated. She slipped off the mare, onto the floor. She was a mess, blood across her face and mane. She panted heavily, her heart racing. Although her hunger was satisfied and her head was clear, she felt a certain restlessness. She felt a pressure between her back legs, one that demanded satisfaction in it's own way. It wasn't maddening like her hunger, and could be ignored, but it was annoying. At least, it only flared when she fed. Something about climbing on top of that mare, sinking her teeth on and feeling the resistance give, being in such control, it made her aroused like nothing else. She had often though about giving the nameless mare another responsibility, not just food, but a tool for complete satisfaction, of body and heart. But she always talked herself out of it.

But, it was growing more agitated. It had been years, centuries even, since she had last wrestled with the urge. She couldn't bring herself the satisfaction. She felt like it would be a tarnish on the memory of the pony she had loved, the pony whose ideals she carried to this day.

The pony whose likeness she had taken, all this way and all this time, to conquer Equestria.

Axion cast several spells in rapid succession. The first knitted the mare's skin back together, leaving only a small scar. The second mopped up all the blood off the mare and off the floor, coalescing in a ball that floated towards Axion's mouth, where it was sucked away. The third went into the mare's side. She would need sustenance after losing so much blood.

Once the spells had done their work, Axion stepped closer to the mare. She was close enough to smell the sweat and fear on the poor girl's skin. She knew that her breath tickled the mare's ear, but she never flinched. The nameless mare was used to such torment; it wasn't even torment anymore. It was life.

"Thank you, my dear, for indulging me again. I'll see you again soon enough."

The mare didn't say anything. She never did. However, Axion saw her eyes dart towards her face. Normally the mare never acknowledged Axion's presence. She wondered if maybe this mare was slowly regaining any of her old defiance. It hadn't done her any good back then, but it had been troublesome.

Axion tossed open the door and turned to leave, but before she stepped through the door, she turned back.

"Remember, my dear, you're mine.

You'll never be free.

You're mine.

Endlessly. "