• ...
5
 85
 18,094

Fluttershy and Big Mac's Li'l Critter

Fluttershy and Big Mac’s Li’l Critter

“Oh my, oh my, oh my! Where is he?” a butter-yellow pegasus thought as she glided through the Everfree Forest. The sun was starting to set, giving the forest an even creepier atmosphere than it normally had. Fluttershy was usually too scared to even look at the forest, let alone go in, but today she was looking for a missing rabbit, Hopsy.

“I do hope he’s okay.” she thought as she continued to glide across the forest floor. Hopsy has been missing all day, worrying the timid pony beyond her wits. All of a sudden, there was the sudden sound of rocks falling.

“Ahhh!” Fluttershy screamed in terror. She jumped into a bush, where she huddled in fright for a few moments. When she noticed there were no more noises, she cautioned a look outside her little bush. All Fluttershy saw were trees, bushes, and “a pile of rocks?” she thought to herself.

Just as she was about to go investigate, a small white form hopped out of a crevice near the pile. Seeing the little rabbit put a smile on Fluttershy’s face.

She leaned down to nuzzle her friend. “Oh Hopsy, I was afraid I’d lost you. Are you alright?” Fluttershy asked the bunny. Hopsy gave a little nod for an answer. Then he was swept up and placed on the pegasus’ back.

“Come on, let’s go home and get some rest.” Fluttershy said. Just as she was about to fly away, there came a groan from the rocks. The pony’s wings snapped to the side of her body as she huddled in fear. When she felt a small bump on her back, she opened her eyes and saw Hopsy bounce towards the rocks and tap on one of them.

Fluttershy got up and cautiously walked towards the rabbit. When she got near, there came another groan, making her give a small “eep!” But she looked towards where the rabbit was tapping and saw a cherry-red nose poking out.

After moving the fallen rocks, Fluttershy gasped. Lying on ground, covered in bruises, scratches and blood, was Big MacIntosh. While her heart was beating fast, she quickly set about to do a check up on the large stallion. A few moments later, the pegasus found out that Big Mac had a broken leg, four cracked ribs, a split in his skull, and a few large gashes on his body.

Fluttershy went about setting up a makeshift bed to lay Big Mac on so she could transport him easily to her house. The pegasus thought about taking him to the hospital, but it was too far away and he was too fragile for moving long distances.
It was about 10 at night when Fluttershy and Hopsy made it out of the forest with Big Mac in tow. They walked up to Fluttershy’s cottage, where her pet Angel was waiting impatiently. When she walked up, Angel had a scowl on his face and pointed at the moon, indicating how late the pegasus was.

“I know Angel and I’m sorry. Tomorrow I’ll make it up to you by making a big breakfast.” Fluttershy replied to her friend.

Seeming satisfied with the offer, Angel hopped off the door and opened it for his caretaker and company. Hopsy hopped after Angel, tired and wanting his bed. Fluttershy walked into the living room and made a more comfy place for Big Mac to lie until he either woke up or was well enough to be taken to the hospital. After rearranging pillows and blankets, the yellow pony carefully moved the red stallion. When she looked over him once more, Fluttershy couldn’t help but blush.

“Oh my, he’s so…muscular..” she thought as she placed splints and bandages on his wounds. She let out a sigh when she was finished and headed upstairs. Fluttershy smiled when she saw Angel Bunny asleep in the middle of her bed. The pegasus carefully scooted in under her blankets and fell asleep, worn out from the day’s events.

--

It was early morning the next day when Fluttershy woke up and went downstairs to keep her promise to Angel. On her way to the kitchen, she quickly checked on Big Mac. He was still unconscious but his breath was more stable and rhythmic.

“At least he appears to be healing.” she thought. Fluttershy then walked into the kitchen where she prepared a small bowl of salad and tea for herself. She used the leftover ingredients, along with some other things, and made a large of salad for
Angel. When she placed the bowl down for him, there was a rapid knock on the door. Fluttershy walked up and opened the door, where she saw a panting and frantic looking Applejack.

“Oh Applejack, I completely forgot to tell you-" the pegasus started telling her friend, before being interrupted.

“No time. Have ya seen mah brother?” the orange cowpony asked, her voiced filled with worry.

"He’s in my living room resting. I found him injured in the Everfree Forest while I was looking for one of my animals.”

“WHAT!?” Applejack ran in, making Fluttershy jump at the sudden movement. When Applejack saw her brother, her eyes went wide and tears started falling down her cheeks. “Big Mac!” She ran up and started looking over her brothers body, fear growing inside of her at the sight of his wounds. “Is….is he alright?” the farmpony asked her timid friend.

Fluttershy walked up, sitting next the Applejack. “His right back leg is broken, he has four cracked ribs, a split skull, and some gashes here and there. Those appear to be the worse of his injuries. I’m sorry Applejack.”

“It’s alright Fluttershy. Thank ya fer takin’ care of him. Ah need ta get back to the farm, can ya come git me when he wakes up?” Applejack asked her friend.

“Alright. I’ll make sure he recovers as well as possible.”

Fluttershy walked Applejack to her front door. They gave each other a hug, and then Applejack turned and walked back to her farm. After Fluttershy closed the door, she went about to do her daily chores around her house.

--

Evening came around. Fluttershy was reading a book in her kitchen while eating dinner. All of a sudden she heard a pained groan come from the living room. She dropped her book and rushed to the living room, where the pegasus saw Big Mac fidgeting about on his makeshift bed. His eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the light and looking around the room.
In a hoarse voice he asked, “Where…where am I?”

Fluttershy walked up with a glass of water. She set the glass down next the stallion and sat down. “Evening Big MacIntosh. You’re in my house.” she gently replied.

Big Mac quickly downed the water, coughing afterwards. “How did Ah get here?”

“I found you in the forest under a pile of rocks. You were seriously injured so I took here to my house. I would’ve taken you to the hospital, but it looked like it’d be dangerous.”

Big Mac tried to sit up, but cried in pain and fell back down. Fluttershy’s eyes became wide with worry. “Oh my gosh Big Mac are you okay?”

“Ah’m... Ah’m fine. Can ya tell me what’s wrong with me?”

“Well... your back right leg is broken, you have four cracked ribs, a split in your skull, and a few gashes on your body. Everything else seemed to be bruising and small cuts. I’m… I’m sorry.”

The large red stallion sighed. “It’s alright Fluttershy. Wish Ah could’ve at least caught the li’l varmint that was eatin’ our apples.”

“Is that why Hopsy was missing and I found you two in forest?” Fluttershy asked.

Big Mac had a confused look on his face. “Hopsy? Is that the name of the critter that’s been eatin’ our food?”

Fluttershy grinned sheepishly. “Yes. I’m sorry for all the trouble he’s caused.”

The red farmpony smiled. “It’s alright. At least ya’ll found me and been takin’ care of me. And Ah appreciate that.”

Fluttershy’s face became hot as she blushed. “Maybe… maybe we should go to bed. You need your rest.”

Big Mac simply smiled and nodded. After saying goodnight, he lied back down and fell asleep while Fluttershy went upstairs up to her own room. She got into bed and lied down, only she didn’t go to sleep right away. Fluttershy’s head was filled with thoughts of her and Big Mac together. The thoughts were making her blush even harder than before.

“Why am I thinking these things? He’s my friend’s brother, I couldn’t. I wouldn’t… I… want to though. I want to be with him. To hear him laugh and talk with him all day and help him out... oh what should I do? Maybe Rarity might know, I’ll ask her tomorrow while at the spa with her...”

--

“… and that’s pretty much it.” Fluttershy just finished telling her friend, Rarity, all that’s happened the past few days. They were soaking in an herbal bath, so they were both alone, and Fluttershy was thankful she could tell her friend without anypony listening.

Rarity thought for a moment, then gave her pegasus friend a wide grin. “Why, Fluttershy! You’ve fallen in love darling! I’m sure Big MacIntosh will be perfect for you!”

Fluttershy’s eyes became wide. “Umm... Will be?” she hesitantly asked her friend.

The white unicorn seemed to be confused by her friends own confusion, “Why yes dear. I thought you were telling me all this because you wanted to know if I approved of your relationship or not.”

“Well... I… umm, that is... I wanted to know what I should do. I mean should just help him? Or should I… should I try and start a relationship?”

“Well Fluttershy, if you like him, I think you should at least try.” Rarity gave her timid friend a wide smile.

The smile seemed to ease Fluttershy’s worry, as she gently smiled back. She promised herself that tonight she’d talk to Big Mac about her feelings.

--

That night, as Fluttershy was changing Big Mac’s bandages and seeing how his bones were healing, he noticed the blush on her face.

“Is everything alright there, Fluttershy?” the stallion asked.

The blush on her face reddened. “Well… I... um, I… well, n-not really.” she stammered.

Big Mac looked his caretaker in the eye. His own eyes were filled with concern for her.

“Well, what’s wrong darlin’?”

She was debating in her head if she should tell him or not. Well he is kind so I know he won’t do anything to hurt me. But if he doesn’t feel the same… I’d just be too embarrassed..And what would Applejack think? Would it be embarrassing? Oh what should I do…

The mare's thoughts were interrupted by Big Mac. “Fluttershy?”

The pegasus set her face in a determined and looked straight at Big Mac. “I… I have something to tell you..”

Big Mac was a little bit taken aback. Usually the yellow pony was quiet and never looked so determined. But he simply laid back and listened because he was curious about what she would say. Besides that, he couldn't exactly leave.

Fluttershy’s face became redder and hotter after realizing what she was doing.

“Well, um, I-I-I wanted t-to say that I… I l-like you..” she said softly.

Big Mac smiled. “Well Ah like you too Fluttershy.”

“N-no I don’t just l-like you. I… well I...” Deciding that she couldn’t tell Big Mac how she felt, she decided to show him instead.
Fluttershy leaned up and gently kissed Big Mac on the cheek, causing the large stallion to blush. Fluttershy simply laid there blushing, a small smile on her face from what she just did.

All Big MacIntosh could do was lay there, stunned and dumbfounded. This time it was his turn to stutter. “Fl-Flutter… shy?”

“I’m, umm, sorry..” Fluttershy apologized. Next it was her turn to become surprised, for Big Mac leaned back down and kissed Fluttershy. When he let go, they were both blushing like crazy.

"Ah love you.” Big Mac admitted, nuzzling his newfound love.

That night, Fluttershy and Big Mac spent the night together. They talked, laughed, and cuddled with each other, and the later it got the more personal they became. It wasn’t until about two the next morning they fell asleep together.

--

It was the afternoon when they both woke up. Fluttershy walked into the kitchen to fix her and her lover some brunch. As she passed a mirror she blushed, her normally brushed mane was tangled and sticking out in places, and she found a few places where Big Mac "kissed" her harder, causing slight bruising. The blush she had on her face went away when she saw the angry rabbit in her kitchen.

Angel was standing by his bowl, scowling at his caretaker that was late. He was suppose to be fed at seven or eight in the morning than help with taking care of the animals. Fluttershy apologized to him and fixed his breakfast, then went on to make hers and Big Mac’s.

"This is going to be amazing, I can feel it!" she thought to herself.

--

"Well howdy, you two. Glad ta see you're better there Big Mac." Applejack said to the approaching couple with a smile on her face. Winona was running around barking her head off in excitement. It's been about two weeks since Big Mac had woken up from his unconscious state, but it's only been a few days that he could walk without pain or discomfort.

Big Mac smiled at the dog and his sister while Fluttershy spoke. "Hi, Applejack. How's everything been?"

"Oh they've been alright fer the most part. Was a little bit difficult at first adjusting to Big MacIntosh not bein' here, but we knew he was in good hooves..along with some other things." Applejack said with a sly wink, making the pegasus blush. Just when Fluttershy was about to respond, a small yellow blur shot out of the house screaming its head off.

"Yer home, yer home! We missed ya'll so much!" little Apple Bloom said, hopping around the group.

Big Mac scooped up his little sister and nuzzled her. When he put her back down she started running around with Winona, all of a sudden Applejack caught her.

"Woah there li'l filly, ain't you suppose ta be helpin' Granny Smith?"

Everypony could see the excitement in Apple Bloom's eyes lessen as her ears drooped. "Yea...but Ah wanna spend time with Big Mac and Fluttershy!"

"And you will. After yer done helping Granny out." The orange pony put her sister down and started pushing her towards the door.

Fluttershy and her partner giggled. She then turned and kissed Big Mac on the cheek, breathing in his apple scent and smiling to herself. "Now remember not to overexert yourself or do anything too physically taxing for awhile."

The red stallion nuzzled her. "Ah know darlin'. Love you."

"Love you too." she said while waving goodbye to the Apple siblings and flying off towards town to pick up supplies for her animal friends.

Applejack playfully elbowed her brother in one of his good legs. "So what did ya'll do while you was 'recoverin'?"

"N-nonthin'. Nothin' at all. We would just talk and stuff." Big Mac's cheeks started to turn a brighter shade of red than his coat.

"Uh-huh. If'n you say so. Why don't you go in the house and get some rest lover boy."

--
One Month Later

Applejack walked down the stairs to the family's kitchen bleary eyed and worn out. It was early morning and she didn't really feel like getting up, but work needed to be done. What she saw in kitchen when she arrived took her by surprise. Big MacIntosh was sitting there, bags under his eyes and looking lost.

The farm pony walked up and sat next to her brother. "What's wrong there Big Mac?"

"Ah need yer help AJ. Fluttershy an' Ah have been datin' fer awhile and Ah think she's the one, so Ah was plannin' on propsin' to her but, well, Ah'm lost as to what Ah should do."

The younger Apple member put a comforting hoof on her brothers leg and looked him in the eye. "Well Ah figure it's right simple. Just go up an' ask her ta marry ya."

"But what about a proposin' gift? Like a ring or sumthin'?"

Applejack sat there and thought for a moment. Her eyes lit up at a thought. "Well, Ah know that there's a bracelet that she's been lookin' at, Ah think Sparkler has it at her store. It's a small silver thing with a flower design on it. Ah think that should work."

Big Mac seemed to perk up at this idea. He suddenly stood up and hugged his sister. Before he ran out the door, the stallion yelled out a thanks the surprised Applejack.

Ah hope she says yes, he thought as he ran down the road to Sparkler's jewelry store. When he got to the center of town, he suddenly stopped and realized he didn't have a clue where Sparkler's store is. He looked around to see if her could find it, instead he found two giggling mares sitting on a bench. Walking up, Big Mac noticed how weird the mint-green one was sitting.

As he approached, he cleared his throat, "Ehem, do either of you ladies know where Sparkler's jewelry store is?"

The cream colored mare with a pink/blue mane pointed at a store next to Rarity's boutique. "It's right over there sir. But if you don't mind me asking, why is a big farm stallion like you looking for a jewelry store?"

Big Mac blushed. "Well... it's so Ah can propose to mah marefriend."

Both of the ponies on the bench d'awwed together. As Big Mac thanked them and started walking away, the other mare spoke up, "Good luck! We hope she says yes!" She then turned to her partner and smiled. The cream colored mare smiled back, then her face got a puzzled expression as a question passed through her mind.

"Lyra, do you ever plan on proposing to me?"

"Oh well, um....uh.." The mint green unicorn was lost as to what to say. "Dammit! I hate it when she asks that..." she thought to herself. Then she got an idea, instead of answering, she just gave her own marefriend a big kiss. The unexpected action caught Bon Bon off guard and she completely forgot what she was asking. "Works every time." Lyra thought.

--

When Big Mac entered the store, it was empty of any pony aside from himself. The front room looked quite spacious even with the display cases of jewelry and catalogs. Big Mac walked up to the register and rang the bell next to it, from a side room a voice called out, "I'll be there in a minute!"

The red stallion decided to look around while waiting. He marveled at all the beautiful necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Every single item, even those that were suppose to be of an identical design, seemed to have its own uniqueness about it, as if they had their own personality and story. As Big Mac bent down to look closer at a necklace, he noticed a small, pale-purple unicorn filly looking at him.

He smiled and bent down to address the filly. "Why hello there, what's yer name?"

The small pony merely looked up at him, gawking at the size of the stallion. When she opened her mouth to answer, another voice called out.

"Dinky! Don't bother the nice pony. Come and help your sister please."

The small unicorn smiled at Big Mac, then ran off behind the counter as a light purple unicorn walked up to the stallion. "Hello my name's Sparkler. I'm sorry if my sister was bothering you."

Big Mac gently smiled at the her. "Naw, she wasn't any trouble. I'm Big MacIntosh, or Big Mac fer short."

"Well than Big MacIntosh, what can I help you with today?"

"My sister told me ya'll got a silver bracelet with a flower design on it, and Ah was wonderin' if I could see it."

Sparkler sat and thought for a moment. "Hmm, sounds familiar. Let me look in the back and see." As she got up to go in the back, she noticed Dinky looking at them from behind a display case. "Dinky, please behave yourself and try not to be a bother."

As the older unicorn walked away, the smaller one got up on top of the case so she could see eye to eye with Big Mac. "Your Apple Bloom's brother, aren't you?"

"Eeyup. How'd ya know?" Big Mac asked curiously.

"She talks about her family all the time. Although she never said you were HUGE!" Dinky opened her little arms to emphasize her point.

The stallion chuckled at the filly's antics. Just then Sparkler came back out, levitating a small box next to her head. She placed the box on the counter and opened it, revealing the silver bracelet. It had a flower and vines etched on the surface, the petals were made out of white gold, the center of the flower was a golden sapphire, and the leaves were inlaid with green metal.

"Is this what you were looking for?" she asked.

"Eeyup. How much fer it?"

Sparkler had a concerned look on her face. "Well there's a slight problem. Another pony already purchased it, I'm just holding on to it for them. Sorry Big Mac."

Big Mac's shoulders drooped as he started to frown. Then he got an idea. "How much did the other pony pay fer it?"

"Umm, 40 bits. Why?"

"What if Ah pay 80 bits fer it?"

Sparkler looked taken aback. "Why that's quite an offer! But I must know why before I can consider any offer."

"Because Ah want it so Ah can propose to my marefriend."

The light purple unicorn thought for a minute. "What's your marefriend look like?"

"Uhh, butter-yellow pegasus with light pink mane and blue eyes. Why?" the confused stallion said

The jeweler smiled warmly. "Then you can take it Big Mac, don't worry about paying it."

The red stallion was beyond surprised. Nopony ever gave away something so valuable. "Well that's mighty fine of ya miss, but why are you all of a sudden willing to give it away?"

"Don't worry about it. Trust me." Sparkler levitated the box in front of him.

"Well thank you then." Big Mac took the box and put it in a hidden pocket in his yolk. He waved goodbye to the jeweler and her sister before heading back to the farm. "Now Ah need to figure out how Ah'm gonna do this." he thought.

Dinky looked at her sister, a curious expression on her face. "Why did you give him the bracelet? That pegasus lady from earlier already paid for it."

"Didn't you hear his description sis? His marefriend is the pegasus from earlier." Sparkler explained to her little sister. After scratching Dinky's little blonde mane, Sparkler started walking towards the side room again. "Now, let's finish emptying these boxes so we can go get some muffins with mom."

The smaller unicorn gasped excitedly and hopped off the counter, running after her older sister.

--

Fluttershy was laying on her couch reading a book she borrowed from Twilight. Her tail was lazily swishing back and forth, her eyes moving from left to right as her imagination turned the words into a picture. She was so into her book that the pegasus squeaked in surprise when there came a knocking at her door. She put her book down and walked to the door. What she saw put a big smile on her face.

"Oh Big MacIntosh! What are you doing here?" the pegasus asked while hugging her coltfriend.

Big Mac hugged her back and nuzzled her cheek. "Ah came by ta see if you were busy tonight."

"No I don't think so. Why?"

"How would you like ta go on a date with me then? Ah know this nice hill near the eastern field that we could lay down at."

Fluttershy gasped in delight. "Oh how wonderful! Do I need to bring anything?"

"Nope, just yerself." he said with a smile.

After setting up a time and a plan, they kissed each other goodbye. Big Mac headed back towards the farm to prepare while Fluttershy tried to read her book. Only she couldn't concentrate, her mind was filled with thoughts of what could happen that night.

Sweet Apple Acres; 7 o'clock dusk

"Are we almost there?" a butter-yellow pegasus asked, her vision covered by a strip of cloth.

Her coltfriend chuckled at the sight. "Almost sweetheart. Just a few more steps."

When they reached the hill, Big Mac took the blindfold off. Fluttershy's heart skipped a beat at the sight: there on top of the hill was a plaid blanket spread out, two plates, two glasses and a basket of food on it, behind the setup was the most gorgeous sundown either of them has ever seen.

Fluttershy leaned against the stallion, nuzzling his shoulder. He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. They both walked up to the picnic and took their respective places. Content with just each others company, both ponies just lied there eating and staring at the sunset. When the sun disappeared and night started to take over, both ponies only sighed in happiness.

"Y'know Fluttershy, this has ta be the best moment in mah life." Big Mac said, wrapping one of his legs around Fluttershy's own.

The pegasus pony leaned her head against his shoulder. "This was the most amazing thing ever. Thank you Big Mac."

"Well then Ah guess it's a good thing it ain't quite over yet." he chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

The red farm pony walked up to the basket. He reached in with his snout and pulled out a small box in his mouth. Walking over to his marefriend, Big Mac lied back down next to her and placed the box in front of her. At first Fluttershy was confused, until Big Mac told her to open it. When she did, the pegasus almost passed out with excitement and happiness.

"Fluttershy, will you marry me?" Big Mac whispered in her ear.

"Y-y-y...." Fluttershy was speechless. At first the stallion thought she would've said no, until she tackled him and started smothering him in kisses. When they both got up for air, Fluttershy leaned over to Big Mac's ear and whispered yes. After that the ponies decided to have some 'personal time'. They cleared the blanket and snuggled under it, just in case a pony happened to fly by on a late night outing or something. Which was probably a smart thing, for up in one of the apple trees surrounding the area, a pair of magenta eyes were watching the couple.

--

The next day Fluttershy and Big Mac woke up early. Big Mac looked up at the sky, it was gloomy and the clouds were grey, a sign that a storm might be on its way, so Big Mac decided to walk his fiancee home. When they reached Fluttershy's cottage, they kissed eachother goodbye and planned on meeting up the next day to plan the wedding.

By the time Big Mac got back home, it was still rather early but Applejack was awake and getting breakfast ready. After breakfast each pony went about their tasks for the day; Apple Bloom was helping Granny Smith around the house, Applejack was getting things ready for apple sales that day and Big Mac was taking apart old crates in the barn. The Apple family's guest, a sand-yellow earth stallion with a cutie mark consisting of a blank paper with a rose compass on it, decided to help him. The red stallion didn't mind, but he wasn't exactly keen on the guest either, which was why he was glad when the stallion left with his sister.

In town center

"Applejack! Applejack!", a cyan blur shot out of the sky towards the apple cart and its proprietors, screaming over the wind and rain "You'll never guess what I saw last night! Wait..why are you two out here trying to sell apples in the storm?"

The orange farm pony sighed at her friend, already frustrated with what's happened so far. "What do you want Rainbow!?" Applejack shouted over the wind. Rainbow led Applejack away from the cart, so the stallion with her wouldn't hear.

"Guess what I saw last night!"

"How bout we don't play games an' you just tell me!"

Rainbow Dash looked a little upset that Applejack didn't want to guess, but decided to tell her friend instead of just flying off. "I saw Big Mac and Fluttershy last night! I think he proposed to her!"

Applejack, not quite hearing correctly, said what she thought she heard for clarification, "He dozed into her! Well that wasn't very nice of 'im, or were they playin' around?"

Rainbow facehoofed. "No! He PROPOSED TO HER!!" she shouted louder, hoping Applejack would hear over the wind.

"Oh. Well that's wonderful! Ah'm sure they'll be happy together! Wait why were you spyin' on mah brother and Fluttershy?!"

"Never mind that! I'm going to tell the others!" Just as Rainbow was about to fly off, she felt a tug at her tail and saw Applejack had it in her teeth.

"Oh no you don't! Ya'll are gonna let them tell us when they feel ready, ya hear?"

The rainbow maned pegasus pouted. "Fine!" she said before shooting off to her own home. When Applejack turned around and started walking back to the cart, a strong gust come from nowhere and blew her hat off. Applejack merely sighed and walked back to the cart to pack up and go home.

--

The next day Twilight, Rainbow, Pinkie and Rarity were waiting in Fluttershy's cottage. Their timid friend had asked them to meet her there for a surprise. Applejack would've been there, but she had some things to take care of. Just when the three friends were getting a little bit uncomfortable, the butter-yellow pegasus descended down her stairs. Her usually calm and nervous features were replaced by excitement and sheer happiness.

"Hey Fluttershy, what did you call us for?" Twilight asked her friend.

Instead of giving an answer, Fluttershy just showed the three ponies in her living room her engagement bracelet. "Big Mac and I are getting married!" she said, practically screaming from excitement.

"Oh my, darling that is just wonderful news!" Rarity said, running up and hugging her friend.

"Congratulations Fluttershy." Twilight said, walking up and joining in the hug. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie soon ran up and joined the other three. After they broke apart, each pony took a seat on one of the couches. Pinkie Pie was the first to speak.

"So when's the wedding huh huh huh!?!", than all of a sudden the pink pony gasped, "Oh I know! I'll throw you the most awesomest, super fantastic, most spectacular party ever!!!"

Twilight put a hoof on her energetic friend, "Hold on there Pinkie. We don't even know what Fluttershy and Big Mac are planning for the wedding."

"Oh that's alright Twilight." the animal loving pegasus calmly said, "We actually don't know any details yet. Which is part of reason I asked you ladies to come buy. I was wondering if Pinkie could help set up the wedding itself and reception along with the food, while Rainbow makes sure the skies are clear. I was also wondering if Rarity could make my dress and if you could help me plan the whole thing Twilight. That is, if none of you mind."

All of the ponies eyes became glossy and starry. At the same time they all answered "Of course we would!"

"There was also one more thing I wanted to ask you ladies, including Applejack." Fluttershy added.

"And what would that be dear?" the white unicorn asked.

"Would you five mind being my mares of honors?"

Down at Sweet Apples Acres

"Huh? What was that?"

"Somethin' wrong Quest?" Applejack asked, slightly upset that her coltfriend stopped suddenly.

The traveling stallion looked out the window. "I thought I heard screaming from somewhere."

"Well, we could go find out where it came from. Or we could get back to business." the orange cow pony said seductively, kissing her lover on the lips.

"Hehe. You sure do know my weakness don't you?"

The two ponies slid back under the covers of Applejack's bed, getting back to their 'business'.

--
4 months later, Wedding day

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!"

Fluttershy was pacing back and forth in Applejack's room, which was today being used as her waiting room. She was extremely nervous and couldn't stay still for even a moment, any and every scenario that could happen going through her head. Rarity was in there with her, trying to comfort her while getting her son, Frostfyre, in his suit.

"Calm down Fluttershy, everything is going to go fine. You know Twilight, she'll make sure everything goes perfect. Now hold still young man while mommy combs your hair."

Instead of complying to his mother's order, the young colt jumped off from where he was sitting and ran to Fluttershy, hiding behind her tail. The dress maker huffed in frustration, not wanting to chase after the trouble making pegasus. She tried using her magic to levitate him to her, but he moved out of the way so all that happened is Fluttershy's tail lifted off the ground. Fluttershy smiled, then turned around and lied on the ground, setting her eye level equal to Frostfyre's. "Now Frostfyre, today is a special day for your Aunt Fluttershy and I would appreciate it if you listened to your mother. Can you do that for me, please?"

The small, red pegasus seemed to contemplate what his elder said, then smiled and nodded in agreement. As if determined to show Fluttershy that he'll keep his promise, Frostfyre trotted up to Rarity and sat in front of her. Rarity stared, stunned for a moment that her son was actually staying still and not asleep. She started brushing his hair and getting his suit ready with her magic. "Thank you darling, he can be quite the handful at times." After the white unicorn was done, she set her son on the ground, "Now go find Auntie Sweetie Belle or Aunt Twilight, alright?"

The small pegasus smiled and ran off. Rarity turned to her friend. "Now than dear, let's get you ready."

--

It was getting near starting time and every pony in Ponyville was anxiously waiting. There were even some unexpected guests like Vinyl Scratch, aka DJ-Pon3 and her marefriend Octavia, Princess Celestia and Luna, and Photo Finish with her entourage. Although every pony was talking among themselves, all eyes were glancing forward at the altar. There a large red stallion, a baby dragon and a stallion with a cream caramel coat and caramel brown mane were waiting for things to start while talking with each other.

"So how you feeling Big Mac?" Spike, the little purple dragon asked.

"Yea. You nervous or anything?" Caramel added.

Big Mac just sat there, staring at the path his fiancee would walk. He was nervous, extremely nervous. But he didn't show it. "Nope, Ah'm fine. Just wished we could get this over with."

As if his wish came true, the ceremony music started. All the ponies took their seats while the groom, best colts and bride's maids stood by the altar where Mayor Mare was getting ready. After a few moments, all heads turned as Fluttershy walked down the aisle with Rarity by her side. Frostfyre attempted to go join his mother, as was his habit, but Luna and Celestia held him between them, Luna giving him a reassuring smile.

When Fluttershy reached her place and Rarity took her own, Mayor Mare cleared her throat to begin the ceremony. "Dearly beloved, we are all gathered here on this bright and happy day to witness the union of Big MacIntosh Apple and Fluttershy. Now before we start, is there any pony that thinks these two shouldn't be together?"

There was stark silence. No pony answered, partly because they all thought they were perfect for each other, but also because of the five mares up front glaring at the crowd. The mayor continued.

"Very well then. Big MacIntosh, do you take this mare to be your wife?"

"Ah do."

"And Fluttershy, do you take this stallion to be your husband?"

"I do!" she squeaked.

"Than by the power granted to me by the Princesses Celestia and Luna, I now pronounce you two husband and wife. You may kiss each other now." Just as the mayor finished this sentence, she stepped back. It was a good move for as soon as the words left her mouth, the stallion and mare embraced each other. Every pony in the crowd let out 'awwws'. Some couples like Octavia and Vinyl or Lyra and Bon Bon hugged and kissed, while other ponies hugged one another. After a few moments, Vinyl walked up to her DJ table and put on a record. "Let's get this party started everypony!" she said through her mic, turning her equipment on and blaring dance music.

--

"Oh my that all just wonderful." a butter-yellow pegasus said while her new husband walked them up to their new room in the Apple Family house. It was late, probably about 11 at night.

"It sure was darlin'." Big Mac laid her on the bed. He then scooted in next to her and snuggled with her. "Ah love you Fluttershy." he said, kissing her.

Fluttershy wrapped her arms around Big Mac. "I love you too. But you know, the party doesn't have to end now.."

The red stallion raised an eyebrow. But before he could ask, Fluttershy got on top of him and kissed him furiously. Even though he was tired, Big Mac could feel ecstasy and adrenaline run through his body. After kissing for a few minutes, the new couple slid under the sheets.

10 months later

"Nopony panic! I'm here!" a white pony with a medical cap and hospital equipment came bursting through the door to the Apple residence. "Now what's the emergency?"

Twilight was the first to speak up. "Oh Nurse Redheart. Thank Celestia you arrived. Our friend went into labor a few hours ago and we didn't know what to do."

"Well where is she!?"

Applejack, who was watching her own son Apple Cobbler play with Frostfyre, pointed up the stairs. "Up there, third door down."

Before any pony could say or do anything else, the nurse zipped up the stairs with her equipment. When she opened up the door to Big Mac and Fluttershy's room, they could hear their friend screaming. "GET THIS DAMN THING OUT OF ME! YOU DID THIS TO ME YOU-" before they could hear anything else the door closed, muffling any noise.

The ponies in the living room quickly became bored. Apple Cobbler was asleep in Pinkie's cotton tail, Pinkie herself talking about pranks with Rainbow Dash, Twilight was reading a book, Rarity was grooming her son, Granny Smith was sitting in her rocking chair and knitting, and Apple Bloom was playing with Sweetie Belle, Spike and Scootaloo, with Applejack having to intervene once in awhile because what they were planning was too dangerous or risky. Every once in awhile the ponies could hear Fluttershy screaming or insulting Big Mac. Their favorites so far have been: "DON'T TELL ME TO KEEP CALM YOU APPLE BUCKING BRUTE!", "I SWEAR TO CELESTIA THAT IF YOU LEAVE THIS ROOM I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR MANHOOD OFF AND FEED IT TO MY ANIMALS!"(a remark that made Celestia herself appear and ask what was going on), and their absolute favorite so far is "TELL ME TO KEEP CALM AND BREATH ONE MORE TIME AND I'M GOING TO POP YOUR HEAD LIKE A PIMPLE!".

After what seemed like ages, an extremely tired and beat up looking Big Mac walked down the stairs. All eyes were on him, he smiled at the group and in a weak voice said, "She did it. We got a li'l filly. Ya'll can come see her if ya want." With that he walked back up the stairs. All the ponies followed him into the room where Fluttershy was laying propped up in bed.

The pegasus herself looked like a mess. Her hair was either sticking out or clinging to her sweat-laden fur, she had bags under her eyes and her voice was hoarse. In her arms was a small earth pony filly; its coat was a light shade of pink and its mane was a mixture of Big Mac's mane and Fluttershy's coat, it had the most beautiful orange eyes any pony ever saw.

Apple Bloom hopped up on the bed, with permission from Big Mac, and Applejack placed Apple Cobbler on the bed with her. "Say hello to yer knew cousin little guy." Applejack whispered in her son's ear. The small colt carefully walked up to examine the new bundle. When the baby saw her older cousin, she giggled and swatted at his nose, making him jump back with a squeak.

"So what's her name?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy and Big Mac smiled. "We decided to call her Apple Tart." the weary pegasus replied.

All the ponies sighed in either contentment or happiness. Then Nurse Redheart approached them, "You should probably get some rest dear. Since this isn't the hospital I can't exactly tell you all to leave, but it would be nice to at least be quiet please." Then the nurse left and headed back towards the hospital.

"We should probably go too girls. We'll be back tomorrow, promise." Twilight said to Applejack as the small group left.

Applejack picked up her son and placed him on her back. She then turned to the new family, tears forming in the edges of her eyes. "Congratulations you two. Ah'm gonna go an' feed this li'l guy then put him down for another nap. If ya'll need anything, just come and get me."

Big Mac walked up and hugged his family. "Thank you guys, fer everythin'. Ah'm proud ta have ya'll fer a family."

After Granny, Apple Bloom, Applejack and Apple Cobbler left, Big Mac turned around and crawled into bed with his wife and daughter. Before falling asleep, he kissed them both on the forehead and whispered "Ah love you two, so much."