• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 533 Views, 0 Comments

Revelations: Ponya - Nahnah390



A humanized story based on the later persona games, in which the main character slowly uncovers the reason why every single person he's ever loved dies by decending deep into unexplored territory.

  • ...
 0
 533

Tues 04/08

You find yourself in your new room; at least you think it’s your new room. You have a nice new mirror, still the same blue eyes with messy gray hair. Glad to see you don’t physically appear hurt. Your mother must be worried sick about you though. You’d better check up on her.

“Woooooo! That was SO much fun! I haven’t been allowed to cut loose in years! Oh hi there thunder!” Never mind, your mother seems to have enjoyed herself last night at least. She’s wearing a lampshade and everything. You wonder if she even realized that you were unconscious for several hours. Then again, looking at the state of affairs in this room, she probably thought you were just trying to fit in. At the very least it appears that no one else seems to be passed out here. Do we even have breakfast today? You suppose you’ll have to take care of that for the both of you.

After breakfast, you decided to look for that girl you met last night, she’s probably very confused about what she saw.
Or she could just be trying to open another hole in the ground. Not bothering to check up on you at all… wait what? You open those holes accidentally, how on earth could she even know what was required to pull a spell like this off?

Thanks for checking up on me
What are you doing?
->I still didn’t catch your name.

Your courage has gone up.

“What!? Oh, it’s you. Sorry, I was just trying that spell that you showed me. Well, you didn’t exactly show me it. I’m usually able to cast spells after watching them just once. You wouldn’t happen to be able to do it again would you?”
You wouldn’t know you’ve never tried it before. You supposed it’s worth a shot anyway. You let loose another burst of magic like before, and also like before did a rather large hole appear. You guess the migraines were unnecessary.
“So it was like this, right?” and just like that she made a hole that was even bigger than yours. “Twilight Sparkle,” oh right, you asked her name. You look back at the hole she just made, wow, not only is it bigger but it’s also expanding as well. Wait what happens when her hole touches-

Before you even get to finish that thought, the two holes touch, and expand into a hole the size of a silo and both you and Twilight start falling down the – OUCH! OW, STAIRS OW OW OW OOF URK!

You awake again in a comfortable area, the sun is shining, the grass you are laying on is comfortable, there’s a peaceful waterfall that you can hear in the background, some old guy is poking you with a stick… wait what?
“Are you going to get up or do I have to keep poking you?” You oblige to the old man’s request.

->Where’s twilight?

Where am I?

Who are you?

Your understanding has been increased.

“She’s fine, it’d be impossible for her not to be. All wounds are healed here. After all you are in paradise; the Elysian fields to be exact.”
“Wait we’re not dead are we?!?!” exclaimed twilight as she appeared without a scratch on her, as neither she nor you had seemed to receive any damage from the fall that had not already healed.

“No, you’re just fine. My name is Rhadamanthus, I’m one of the people in charge of allowing souls here, and you’re not supposed to die yet. However I’m afraid the way you came in is one way. You’ll have to find another way out.” The old man, Rhadamanthus, said. “Those without the power to leave will have to search through Tartarus to find it.”
“TARTARUS! You’re going to just force us to go through the land of the eternal damned just so we can leave?”
“Well to even get to Tartarus you have to cross over both the Asphodel Meadows and the Fields of Punishment”

Twilight just stood there staring into space for a few seconds, her eyes twitching every once and in a while.
“No problem!” She said, finally regaining her composure. “We’re certain to find some way out if we just try.”

You decide it’d be best if she lead and you followed, she seemed to have some previous combat experience.
Upon entering the Asphodel Meadows, a thought struck you, namely, WHERE IS EVERYONE?!? This is supposed to be the afterlife correct? Twilight probably has the same thoughts as she looks rather uneasy, or maybe she looks that way because she’s traveling to a land of fire and brimstone with someone she only met yesterday.

Some black blob thing wearing some sort of mask appears dripping from the ceiling, er, there is no ceiling here, so it’s dripping from the sky. Twilight, realizing that this may very well be a denizen of the land of the dead, attempts to communicate with the beast. “AH! Oh, hello there… little guy. We were just wondering if you knew the way to the fields of punishment.” The creature just stared at Twilight with its cold, unblinking eyes, “I guess that’s a no then? We’ll just be on our way then.” She said as she let off a nervous chuckle. The creature screamed and took a lunge at twilight.


Twilight dodged the attack and jumped away, trying to blast the creature with magic. Sadly it appeared the creature is out right immune to the attack as it passed right through the creature’s body. There has to be something that can be done! You can’t just give up here! Suddenly, a heavenly voice echoes in your mind.
“I art thou and thou art I. Never give up, for you shan’t ever be alone. Call to me and I Shall fight for you!”

You have no idea why but you suddenly felt a humongous burst of energy flow through you, and your lips can only mouth one word “Per-so-na”
You are engulfed in a blue aura as a giant maiden with a humongous staff with a pearl on the end stands proud behind you.
She immediately strikes the enemy with some sort of fire spell. The enemy was obliterated.

You have obtained the facade needed to face life’s challenges, the persona Macaria!
Why a girl?
Oh well you suppose that doesn’t matter. What does matter is fight seems to have summoned more of them.



“My friend, I have a gift for you” From out of nowhere, a halberd appears in your arms. “With this you should actually be able to fight; but don’t forget, I’m here to help you in any way I can. For instance, because we were able to destroy the first one so easily, we could try using fire again.”

As your persona tells you how to fight properly, you’re busy hacking and slashing through the strange blobs left and right. Before you know it, you’ve already dealt with all of them… okay so there were only three of them, but that’s not bad for someone who’s never been in a fight before. As a bonus you also got some inexplicable coins as well!

“You did it! That was amazing! Uhh… what was that exactly? Actually, never mind, I can find out when we aren’t at such risk. I’ve found the way to the fields of punishment.”
You follow Twilight to said fields, which seem a lot smaller than you originally thought they would be.
There’s really not much here except a giant door, presumably to Tartarus. You’re about to step forward, but then Twilight stops you. What? It seems completely unguarded- EXCEPT FOR THAT GIANT THREE HEADED DOG FROM NOWHERE!

However twilight seems less than phased, she just uses her magic to create a giant bone and tosses it to the side. The giant dog seems to act like a regular dog and playfully catches the bone in one of its mouths. She then makes two more bones for the other heads…

Words cannot even begin to describe your feelings on what it was that you just saw, but it’s safe to say, you’re speechless.
“What? Cerberus is essentially just a giant dog, a friend of mine helped me calm it down before; and before you ask, I don’t think it’s the time or place to explain said incident right now.”
She has a point; you should probably just open the door to Tartarus.

It’s just a room… Wait it looks like a class room, what’s going on here. Twilight seems to be focused on the front of the class room, or rather who’s there.

It looks just like Twilight except she seems to be wearing some sort of dress with a giant line going down the middle of it. One side of the dress is white, and the other is black. She’s constantly teleporting herself to two different desks in-between sentences.

“But if I’m immortal then everyone I’ve ever known will die before me.”

“I still have a duty to fulfill; my destiny is for the good of everyone.”

“What good is saving everyone else if they’re all going to die before me?”

“They’re not ALL going to die before me, just the ones born in the next few millennia.”

“Who’s to say the world won’t end before then?”

“All the more reason to stay alive that long to try to-“

“STOP IT!” The twilight next to you shouts at the top of her lungs.
“Oh, Hi me! This is perfect, you can be our judge! Oh wait, this is about me, I can’t make any decisions that involve myself can I? No, I can’t. I can’t certainly solve small problems on my own either, no I have to go and make problems for everyone else.”

“That’s a lie! I don’t think that! I never think that!”
“Oh but of course you do dear, after all I am you.”
“NO! HOW DARE YOU! YOU’RE NOT ME; YOU’RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ME!”
Then just as you had a blue aura earlier, this other twilight had and dark purple, blackish aura!
“THAT’S RIGHT, I’M NOT YOU! I’M MYSELF NOW, AND I HAVE NO NEED FOR YOU ANYMORE!”

She then morphed in this giant black and white creature with many tentacles, each one of said tentacles holding a doll of some black faced individual. Instead of a line down the middle separating the two halves, there is now just empty space. Twilight, the one you came in with, is out cold.
“My friend, in addition to fire based attacks; I also have the ability to use lightning based attacks, which I highly recommend you use here.”

“WHY SHOULD YOU GET TO LIVE WITH FRIENDS? I WORKED HARD FOR WHERE I AM AND WHAT DOES IT GET ME? INSANITY AND LONELINESS!”

You blast the crazy beast with a bolt of electricity, it actually stuns the creature and allows you to make an attack with your persona directly, as Macaria bashes her opponent’s skull in with her staff, you start to feel a small amount of pain. Odd that, but no matter, you have to keep fighting. You are not letting another friend die!
Once she gets up she unleashes a burst of wind at you, for some reason this hurts you to an extreme degree and knocks you down. Then she takes the opportunity to charge up her magic. You decide to play it safe and guard her attack, not very easy to do with a halberd, but still possible. After a few more rounds of this, you get the hang of the fight and make the giant monstrosity disappear in a cloud of darkness.

It turned back into the other Twilight, only now she’s completely speechless. You help Twilight up.
“I’m sorry this is completely my fault!”

Relax
->I’m not the one you should be saying sorry to

You need to face yourself

“Huh? Oh, you mean… I see.” Twilight walks over to herself. “You’re right; I can’t solve my own problems and end up dragging everyone else into them. Even when I want to I can’t make my own decisions. That’s okay though, I already know full well how important it is to accept all of myself, even the parts that I have a hard time admitting are really me.”
Twilight has accepted her flaws as a part of herself and instead of ignoring them, wants to fix them; she has obtained the persona Persephone.

Twilight collapses on the floor, this looks like it took more out of her than you thought. You carry her back to the door, but it takes you straight back to the Elysian Fields. Suddenly you feel like your battle wounds have been healed. It looks like the healing properties of this area aren’t enough.
“Oh good, you have your personae, now you can both leave. You’d better hurry; the very nature of every area outside of this one has a life draining effect on all mortals who comes here.”

He didn’t have to say that twice. You summon your persona to create the flight of stairs again and climb up them while carrying the unconscious twilight up them.
You finally made it to the top! Where you promptly pass out again, not from the underworld’s draining effects, but rather from carrying a full grown woman up a flight of stairs.

Oh boy here in the stage coach again, all the same people are here from before too. Specifically the same long haired man from last time, sitting directly across from you once again.
“It seems your journey has already begun, it usually takes more than one day, but it seems you have quite an ambitious friend to thank for that. To celebrate I have a gift for you.”
He hands you the *Velvet key*
“With this you can return to the land of sleep and dreams anytime you want. Believe me, it will prove most useful on your journey, more useful than you can possibly imagine right now. Farewell!”

You still don't know his name. Why do you keep forgetting to ask?


End of day


Diligence – 5 TANK
Humor – 2 Sarcastic
Courage – 3 Side kick
Expression – 0 Stick figures
Knowledge – 4 Book smart
Understanding – 1 Inoffensive

Author's Note:

Aria of the soul video by: Youtube user Dumdumlaw
I'll face myself battle video by: Youtube user TheEnexRebirth
Mass Destruction video by: Youtube user postiekevk
Boarderline of Madness video by: Youtube user RebornGalaxy
Awakening video by : Youtube user Rikuo86
I'll face myself: sad version video by : youtube user vergiliscoming

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment