• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 8,498 Views, 423 Comments

Disease in the Darkness - Kaii-Leiko



Unfortunately dabbling in dark magic has left Twilight with a deadly disease that there does not seem to be a cure for.

  • ...
30
 423
 8,498

Plots And Planning

Twilight was starting to think she should start to filter through things she said. If she didn't she was sure she might die of embarrassment before her time was up. Not that I have much of that left now. Twilight thought sadly, instead of bitterly, for once. Marriage. That was one heck of a thing to ask a pony you had only been dating for about a month. Desperate times called for desperate measures though. Twilight wanted this. More than anything before she died she wanted to be wed to Fluttershy.

Both Shining Armour and Fluttershy stared at Twilight as though she had gone crazy. They too agreed it was something that shouldn't be asked on the spot like that. Twilight shifted her gaze downwards. "I found out that I've only got a week left..." Her guests gasped and both tried to talk at the same time but Twilight raised a hoof to silence them. "And seeing those pictures made me realize something I want more than anything before I go."

Twilight turned to the object of her affection. Love swelled inside her and for once she used her heart to speak; not her brain. "I love you, Fluttershy. I know how unfair it is to ask this but I love you. You make me happy, you make smile, you make me feel like living out the time I have left is worth it. It takes somepony special to cheer somepony up during a time like this. You're the best marefriend a pony could ask for, and I'd never ask for anything more because I have you. If I'm going to die soon I want to die making sure you knew how much you meant to me. I believe that we would have gotten to this step in the future, were I to live. I know this is a lot to ask, Fluttershy so don't feel pressured to say yes. If you're not okay with this my feelings won't be hurt and I'll understand. There was just...No harm in asking, I hope." With that Twilight kneeled before Fluttershy and took her hoof between her own. Her cheek nuzzled the soft fur on Fluttershy's hooves. "So Fluttershy, what do you say?" Twilight looked up towards her marefriend hopefully.

Fluttershy was blushing intensely, probably more so than she ever had. She was put on the spot. Twilight was asking her such a question not to mention Shining Armour was watching the whole scene. It was something that was difficult to answer, Everything Twilight said was true, even the part about being selfish but Fluttershy didn't blame the purple unicorn. Twilight just wanted to be happy but in this case Fluttershy had to look out for herself too. Was she emotionally strong enough to handle a wedding with a dying unicorn? Did she truly want this? If she said yes would it be for herself or only to fulfil one of Twilight's dying wishes. If Twilight were to live would they truly reach this point? I think we would. Fluttershy thought to herself. This was true love, in her heart Fluttershy knew this. She could see herself marrying Twilight. Imagine the blush in her cheeks as she made her way down the aisle, or watched Twilight do so. Staring into each others eyes in front of all the ponies they cared for to pronounce their love. Then, finally, forever sealing their love with a kiss. "I want that." Fluttershy said outloud; responding both to Twilight's question and the images in her mind. "Twilight I want to marry you too."

The smile that graced Twilight's lips was practically blinding. She stood up almost instantly and began hopping up and down around Fluttershy; the way she'd done many times before when she'd been ecstatic about something. "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes..." She cried out. It took at least a couple minutes for Twilight to grow tired and stop, and stop she did her breathing a little ragged. Shining Armour and Fluttershy laughed as they watched Twilight's hopping. Twilight ran out of the room to where Spike's bed was. She lifted him up and held him against her as she spun around. "Spike, I'm getting married!" She cried before setting the baby dragon down.

"Huh?" He said. He wobbled on his feet. Dizzy and not fully awake he was having trouble understanding what was going on.

Twilight gasped. "I have to tell the others." Twilight galloped out the front door of the library, forgetting to shut the door.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy said out loud to herself.

Shining Armour chuckled again. "I think we should just let her have her fun."

Fluttershy only smiled.

**

Twilight had found each of her friend's. She'd barely been comprehensible and none of her friends knew what she'd been talking about. The only thing they did understand is that Twilight wanted them to go to the library so as soon as the purple pony left them they'd each made their way there. They'd never seen her in such a state, so most of her friends hurried as well.

Most of her friends had reached the library before Twilight had returned. Running all around Ponyville had drained her and she'd needed to stop and rest before heading back to the library at a more casual pace. When her friends had arrived they asked Fluttershy and Shining Armour what was going on. They refused to answer though, promising nothing but good news. Twilight was too excited to share their news so they stuck to their own advice and decided to let Twilight have her fun. .

When Twilight got back she burst through the library door, once again forgetting to close it. Her friends jumped and immediately bombarded her with questions. Twilight didn't bother to stop them, only smiling through their questions. They showed no signs of calming down though so Twilight just shouted above all of them "I'm getting married!" and they were suddenly all very quiet. Rarity was the first to respond to this news.

"Twilight, that's wonderful darling! I assume Fluttershy is the lucky mare?" She asked.

Twilight nodded and opened her mouth only to be interrupted by Rainbow Dash's hoof wrapping around her shoulders. "Way to go Twi, you get what you want."

"Does this mean there's going to be a big party!?" Pinkie was bubbling over with excitement as usual.

Twilight nodded again, then before she was able to speak was interrupted again.

"Ah'm mighty glad 'ta hear that Twilight. 'S there anythin' ah can do 'ta help?" Applejack asked.

This set off another series of questions.

"Ooooo, can I help plan the wedding Twilight and Fluttershy? Can I, can I?" Pinkie screamed.

"I absolutely insist on making the dresses for the both of you." Rarity said.

"If you guys are looking for an awesome backdrop, like say a sonic-rainboom when you guys kiss, I got 'ya covered guys!" Rainbow Dash said, somehow sounding boastful. Her intentions weren't bad though.

"Ah guess ah could scrounge up some food for y'all." Applejack cut in.

"I'd appreciate help from all of you." Twilight smiled.

Fluttershy approached her marefriend and nuzzled her cheek softly. "I would too, so long as all of you don't mind."

"You're getting married Twilight?" was heard from the open door.

Everypony turned to the door to see the mailmare, Derpy, standing there. There was a small stack of letters on the ground. The assumption was when she'd made her comment just then they'd fallen from her mouth. Her hat was on sideways and her eyes were crossed. A goofy grin graced her lips. Everypony in Ponyville was aware of Derpy's...Problem. That didn't mean she wasn't as loved as any other pony. She was a hard worker and always looking to help; even if she did frequently make mistakes.

"If you want I can deliver invitations for you." Derpy said.

Twilight approached the grey pegasus and smiled gratefully. "Thank you Derpy. I'll make sure the invitations get to you. I appreciate your help."

"Oh boy!" She jumped in the air. "Gee, thanks Twilight. I gotta go finish delivering these letters now okay?"

"Okay, Derpy. Have a good afternoon, okay?"

"I will."

Twilight shut the door to the library and turned to her smiling friends. Together they only had, literally, a few days to plan a wedding. Luckily it didn't have to be big or fancy. Twilight and Fluttershy were only worried about getting married in time. With the help of her friends Twilight was sure it would be done in time. In fact, she knew her friends would make sure of it.

With the door closed however, Derpy was forgotten. Nopony noticed the malicious smirk that appeared on her lips nor the fact that she headed towards the Ever Free Forest and not towards the centre of Ponyville.

**

Derpy headed into a deep part of the Ever Free Forest. Where not even some of the braver ponies dared venture. It was too far in and the risk of getting lost was too high. She stepped out into a clearing and as she did her skin seemed to peel back. When finally she resumed her true form she was no longer a pony but a changeling. The clearing was full of changelings; at least a dozen. The unnamed changeling crossed the real Derpy, whom was tied up and on her belly by a tree. The changeling approached her queen, bowing respectfully.

"And what news do you bring?" Chrysalis asked. She'd had her changelings build what looked like a throne which she was currently residing on.

The changeling lifted itself. "Another wedding, my queen. Twilight Sparkle is getting married."

"How ironic. It will be the second wedding we crash that Twilight Sparkle will be at. Is that all you bring me though?"

"No Queen Chrysalis. There is more, and this is the important part. Her horn is...Damaged."

"Damaged?" Chrysalis' interest peaked.

"Yes, my queen. Cracked, broken it seems. I doubt she is capable of doing magic."

Queen Chrysalis laughed hysterically, the plan beginning to form in her mind. "Very well then. We will wait until Twilight Sparkle's happy day and we will attack. It should prove easy this time. Without magic to defend herself we will drain Ponyville of everything it has.

Author's Note:

This is really it guys, the end is coming close. This fic is almost done. I'd warrant 3, maybe 4 chapters left depending on how long they are. I want to thank everyone again for sticking with me this long and reading all the chapters that come out. For putting up with my sometimes mediocre writing. It's great, and I'm grateful for all of you.