• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 3,417 Views, 51 Comments

The Card - Dasponi



Scootaloo has a card for a special somepony, but needs a little help delivering it.

  • ...
6
 51
 3,417

The Epilogue

Scootaloo was indeed dreaming of her family. It was a daydream, instead of an actual dream, however. She had woken up when Rainbow Dash had dived over her and tackled Fluttershy to the ground. She kept her eyes closed and listened to them instead of saying anything. She didn’t want to interrupt anything. She was daydreaming about what she felt was her new family.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were standing together in the middle of a field looking up at a cloud. Scootaloo was on the cloud and peeked down at them. The cloud was too low for her to injure herself if she fell as Rainbow Dash and moved it to that precise location while Fluttershy had flown Scootaloo to the top of it. This was a big day for Scootaloo; this was the day she was going to fly.

“Come on Scootaloo!” Rainbow shouted up at her.

“You can do it!” Fluttershy added, a little softer but still encouragingly. Scootaloo gulped, spread her small wings, and jumped off the cloud. She flapped them as hard as she could and for a few seconds she fell a little slower, but wasn’t really flying. She was getting worried but Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were still encouraging her. She had her eyes closed and couldn’t tell what was happening but a few seconds later she heard a very loud cheer coming from below. When she opened her eyes she saw that she was a little above Rainbow Dash, who had moved under her just in case. There was still some air between them however and that’s when Scootaloo noticed she was flying. She raised her altitude a little as she laughed and landed back on the cloud she has started from. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flew up to her and started nuzzling her.

“Way to go.” Fluttershy said with a grin as big as Scootaloo’s on her face.

“We knew you could do it Squirt.” Rainbow Dash added. Scootaloo giggled hysterically between the two of them, ecstatic that she had everything she had always wanted.

In the real world, Scootaloo slowly fell asleep for real, and had dreams similar to her daydreams. Except somehow happier. It felt more real, as if she were actually experiencing her future.

Author's Note:

Well this is it, the epilogue of my short little story that should hopefully tie up any loose ends. If you find any then of course do point them out, and I'll do what I can. I can't really add anything to the story though so I'll just clear it up in a reply or a comment. Once more a huge thanks to out to everyone who has read, commented, and especially upvoted and favourited the story. If you downvoted, or just didn't like the story, then I'm sorry it wasn't to your tastes but I can't please everyone and it was something I was happy with, and proud of, and given how self conscious I am that happens so rarely I should jump on it when it does.

Just to clarify as well, yes Scootaloo is an orphan in this fic, and no, the others don't really know. It's something I would address in a potential sequel but I couldn't really find somewhere to put it in this story, without causing an unnecessary extension, and unnecessary sadness. Plus I think most people these days just assume she's an orphan, and so most people would read this and assume that she was.

Comments ( 13 )

2051726
Definitely enjoyed that ending. I like to flip between sadfics and sweetfics, and I'm happy I'll have this in my favorites list to come read again in the future when I need a pick-me-up. I know what you mean about finding the balance on description, too. Your writing style reminds me a lot of how I used to write, and for me it took a while to really teach myself to tighten up my sentences. The balance between giving the reader too much information and too little can be hard to pin down. That said, I think you're always better off erring on the side of too much information, and I wouldn't have favorited this story if you weren't already doing pretty well with that balance. Again, great job and thank you for the story!

For your first story, this was pretty good! A lot better than when I first started writing. XD So hey, good for you! You're off to a very promising start. :pinkiesmile:

This was so cute. Once again, you know how much I love the idea of the three of them coming together as a family. It's nice to actually see the idea of it more and more, since it's really an underplayed story idea. Well done! So cute and so sweet. :twilightsmile:

2052188
Thank you very much for reading it too. Glad you liked the ending and I've appreciated all the advice :twilightsmile: I like some sadfics, but I have to be in the mood for them really, and tend to stick to fluffy stories.
2052192
I don't think I've actually come across a story like this, which helped me write it. I really hate doing things that have done before. This is my first fanfic, but not my first story :twilightblush: I write a lot in my spare time, mostly a scifi novel I'm working on. I fancied doing something fun for a break and I had this idea forever so I just finally wrote it.

ISH OKAYS WE STILL WUVZ YOUR STORIES! stupid caps again....:raritydespair:

Loved it, hope you plan on continuing this story if you feel like it =)

2059298
There's certainly room for an extension, and if I get an idea I'll be happy to do it. Right now I have an idea for another fic entirely, but I'm focusing more on my non-poni writings right now. Which seems like a huge shame because I only just started writing poni :twilightblush: But I'm glad you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile:

So...adorably sweet. It brought so much happy tears.
THank you for this story. THank you so much!

Great story, sorry I hadn't read it before now!

2816840
You read it, that's all that matters :twilightsmile::scootangel:

Beautiful. Short and sweet, packed with emotion. Well done.

3237730
Ahhh crud. I think I did it properly in G-Doc and then when I tried to transfer it over things went a little wrong. That typo has been there for Celestia knows how long :rainbowlaugh: Thanks for pointing it out, I'll go fix it now. I'm also glad you enjoyed the story :scootangel:

Login or register to comment