• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 2,845 Views, 61 Comments

The 'My Little Human' Fan Club - SpiralWriter



After the mishap of his support group failing, Discord turns to creating another group, this one much less evil.

  • ...
4
 61
 2,845

A Meeting of Fanatics

A small, lonely cardboard box sat on the side of a stretch of dirt road just outside of Ponyville. It appeared rather mundane, rather boring, and completely forgotten. Forgotten, save by two individuals that met there weekly. Inside the box. No, it wasn't cramped. In fact, it was very spacious, much bigger on the inside than the out. It was a special box, concocted right out of thin air by the spirit of disharmony himself. Of course, he's changed his ways recently.

No longer was the box a meeting place of dastardly deed doers and the most wretched souls to ever walk the face of Equestria. Instead, it was for something much more . . . interesting. Nigh, a place for kind peace, for simple tranquility, for intelligent discussion, for . . . a cartoon.

"So, what did you think about last week's episode?"

"I don't really know . . . I mean, I liked it, but the show is losing it's appeal to me. It's just . . . lost that spark it had in the first season."

"Don't tell me that you're going to go on another rant about the superiority of season one?" Discord asked with a raised eyebrow. "The animation is hardly comparable to what is is now."

Lyra rolled her eyes at the draconequus. "You're missing the point! Flashy animation techniques is good and all, but it still doesn't make up for lackluster storytelling and good plotlines. Every episode of season one has a good, self-contained story." The unicorn of aquamarine explained.

Within a building that was used to accommodating a rather large amount of occupants, only two sat in it, talking with each other in various conversations about one show: 'My Little Human'. It had been popular a fair amount of generations ago, but grew into obscurity, until in recent years, exploded into popularity with a new handle. Since then, it has gained many watchers, followers, and fanatics for it, two of its biggest fans sitting right beside each other: Lyra Heartstrings, the pony infamous obsessed with humans, and Discord, lord of all things chaotic. Recently though, he's stowed away his dastardly tendencies in exchange for fun times with watching a colorful cartoon about humans.

"I know, I know." Discord went on, popping a chocolate sundae into existence, offering some of it to Lyra, to which she shook her head. "But I started watching during season two, and the improved animation and better stories caught me."

"Are you actually trying to prove that season two is better than one?" Lyra crossed her forelegs in distaste. "That's when the show began losing it's charm!"

"Don't be so harsh." The spirit shrugged, eating the bowl of ice cream himself. "You have to admit, the finale really upped the ante for the show." He said between smacks of vanilla and chocolate sauce. "Humonies were never happier before watching it."

"That's the whole point! The show's not meant to be all 'dangerous' and 'accomodating to the fans'. It's just about six humans having fun, little slices of life in their adventures together."

"You said adventure!" Discord chuckled.

". . . Not literal adventures." She pouted.

"A couple episodes in season one had them doing adventurous things. Going out of their homes, meeting dangerous creatures, all that." Discord argued his point with a condescending laugh.

"But they weren't the main focus of the episode. They were only little snippets here and there, barely five minutes of screentime."

"The very first episode was adventure and action-packed!"

"No....the second episode was. The first episode introduced the characters and setting, they were just a two-parter that aired together. Nopony really considers both one big episode!"

"It was an hour-long premiere."

"Of. Two. Separate. Episodes!" She enunciated on each word with a swipe of her hoof.

"Come now, we shouldn't fight." He went on to the seething pony, swirling up two shirts that magically appeared on both of them. It was a plain white tee, a heart in the center. Within the heart, it read "Proud Member of the My Little Human Fan Club."

"We both love the show, so we shouldn't argue or nitpick about everything about it." Discord said, smiling a bit. Lyra looked down at her shirt, allowing a smirk to pass her lips as well.

"C'mon now." Discord raised up his hand. "Human fist?" He asked to perform a gesture very common among fans of the show.

". . . Human fist." Lyra finally gave in and chuckled, pumping her hoof against his clenched hand. "Now, how about a hug?" The unicorn added, extending her hooves out with a sweet smile upon her face. Discord visibly gagged and rolled his eyes. "What's up with ponies and hugs? I get enough from Fluttershy . . . though, hers are nice."

"Please? It will reestablish our friendship after our argument." She wimpered, adding the whole 'big-eyed looked with tears brimming'.

" . . . Fine." The draconquus sighed in defeat, leaning in for the hug with his own arms half-heartedly outstretched. They both met in a firm, friendly hug, Lyra smiling and Discord frowning. It was a long one, lasting roughly three minutes. Lyra had to make sure their friendship was still intact.

Right before they pulled away from each other Discord sucked on his teeth, deciding to interject one last line before they adjourned their meeting, spoken in only a whisper to Lyra's ear. " . . . Season one sucked."

If one were to pass the cardboard box while out on a little stroll, they would hear shouts coming from inside, as well as chairs being thrown and heavy banging.